Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

In patch 1.07 MONKs got a GOOD DEAL of buffs. The reason?? The DEV team sat down and asked what does it mean to play as a MONK. DO we spend all our resource into converting SPIRIT into HP ?? AND the answer was to make SPIRIT DPS spenders more attractive..

DH on the other hand needs to be asked the same question... What does it mean to PLAY a RANGED / MOBILE /DPS class ??

a: is it so that we can convert everything into Discipline and GLOOM ??

The answer seems to be YES .. FACE TANK .. ie : evasive fire buff in 1.07 suggests this and also the RAPID FIRE buff in 1.08 as well. Rapid fire rewards standing still and FACE OFF to trade shots..

I ask BLIZZARD to re-examine the DH once again. Give us what you described as a RANGED / DPS class...
Reply Quote
Actually when 1.04 hit they told us we were not meant to tank and play melee so they nerfed our amazing caltrops proc rate. They flip flop a lot with this class an honestly I think they have no idea what to do with it but can all agree nerfs everything is ok lol
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 08:59 PMPosted by METATRON
Actually when 1.04 hit they told us we were not meant to tank and play melee so they nerfed our amazing caltrops proc rate. They flip flop a lot with this class an honestly I think they have no idea what to do

Don't get me wrong. I think RF is a nice buff. TANK is a viable build and lots of DH players love it. GREAT.

To promote build variety show some love to RANGED mobile DH builds too ( I don't mean just GLASS CANON ) ..

SHADOW POWER seems to be a fixture in EVERY build. Let's start there. Make other RUNES more attractive to use besides GLOOM. GLIDE is great. BLOOD MOON is great and many others.

Right now on FIRST impression it seems to be HATRED spender - then build around that. But a closer examination it's actually GLOOM for the most. Alot more skill slots is allocated to GLOOM than we realize...
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 5/15/2013 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Solution to eDPS of DH! TRY IT!!!

A big hug from Nyan.

It works amazingly!!!
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 5/15/2013 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Solution to eDPS of DH! TRY IT!!!

A big hug from Nyan.

It works amazingly!!!

I don't get it...
Reply Quote
After testing my DH post patch, I'm thinking that the main issue with it is survivability, which translates into loss of EDPS. DPS was NOT and issue for me and seemed to be even higher than that of my monk. My suggestion would be a 30-35% DR passive buff for the DH, like the Monk/Barb got. I'm leaning toward 35%...

Having to keep a 5 second buff up indefinitely (In terms of DR I.E. Shadow Power/Gloom rune) just to not die in one second on MP10 is redonkulous. One stun or knock-back and it's all over. The LS effect of shadow power is fine, that part is as it should be for a buff that lasts a scant 5 seconds.

Please fix the DH properly. You can increase all skills DPS by another 200% (Double them...) and the core issue woulds till be there: Lack of survivability. Blizz had a chance to fix this and did not. Hotfix this baby ASAP!
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Secoya
Please fix the DH properly. You can increase all skills DPS by another 200% (Double them...) and the core issue woulds till be there: Lack of survivability. Blizz had a chance to fix this and did not. Hotfix this baby ASAP!

No
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Secoya
You can increase all skills DPS by another 200% (Double them...) and the core issue woulds till be there: Lack of survivability

Are you insane? DH has the best surviveability in the game. Weather you TANK or use STUTTER STEPPIN.. I have seen players with as low as 150 all resist and 32k hp play mp10 just fine ( they choose to KITE ) and the GCB clan has been told that 400 all resist / 40k hp is over kill because they can still face tank with those specs.. A decent barb / MONK with have at least 500 all resist and 5000 armor minimum. We out tank them with less stats.

A range / dps class out tanking a BARB / MONK with slower move speed and lower dps .. that's the PROBLEM .. RF buff only encourages that more.

The other problem you have Glass Canons that survive just fine - devotes everything to DPS ( skills/buffs ) and still looses in dps to every class in game. 500 k dps DH with all skills devoted to DPS output under performs versus a 200 k dps barb/monk/wiz/wd... how do you account for that ??

Try to kill GHOM mp10 under 10 seconds .. WD does it in 7.56 seconds / Wiz can do under 10 sec.. Where does your DH rank???

Last word:

This a " DH eDPS issue " thread with 86 pages .. Start a " DH poor eHP " issue thread and you might get 86 pages of people laughing at a funny thread..
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 5/15/2013 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
the problem is very simple. DH has only 1 proper damage source at a time. You can have 3 with companion and sentry but its not really optimal.

Compared that to a Monk. FoT - SW - Cyclones. 3 Damage sources that compliment eachother really well, plus abilities that acts as buffers, and as such you have a DPS monster.

SNS Wizard. Wicked Wind - Diamond shards - Explosive blasts, again 3 damage sources that compliments really well and ability buffers and you have another dps monster.

Barbs generally have 3 damage sources aswell working together, rend, run like the wind and WW, and buffers like WOTB.

To be able to do the "required" damage you need multiple damage sources working together, DH's really dont have that.
Reply Quote
After testing my DH post patch, I'm thinking that the main issue with it is survivability, which translates into loss of EDPS. DPS was NOT and issue for me and seemed to be even higher than that of my monk. My suggestion would be a 30-35% DR passive buff for the DH, like the Monk/Barb got. I'm leaning toward 35%...

Having to keep a 5 second buff up indefinitely (In terms of DR I.E. Shadow Power/Gloom rune) just to not die in one second on MP10 is redonkulous. One stun or knock-back and it's all over. The LS effect of shadow power is fine, that part is as it should be for a buff that lasts a scant 5 seconds.

If our class had any more survivability buffs we'd be a traditional MMO tank class. Survivability out the waizu and hit things with a wet noodle.
Reply Quote
1711 Posts, 86 pages, and not one blue post or notice from the devs other than, "We passed that along."
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Kadderly
main issue with it is survivability, which translates into loss of EDPS. DPS was NOT and issue for me and seemed to be even higher than that of my monk

What does anyone else thing of that?

poor survivability = poor eDPS .. If you are not surviving well with a DH its the players fault for poor skill at STEPPIN or extremely poor gear for TANK...

If it seems to you that YOUR DH has more eDPS than YOUR MONK - ASK other players who has 1 bil or more in DH gear and has a 100 mil monk. Tell them to compare eDPS ... Clean your EAR WAX cause it will be long LAUNDRY list of concerns you don't know about..
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 5/15/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
05/15/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Oscar
1711 Posts, 86 pages, and not one blue post or notice from the devs other than, "We passed that along."

no issue, you don't need to play mp10 is the answer..... =_=//
Reply Quote

holy !@#$, never post again. DH IS FINE IN SURVIVABILITY. Your dh is paragon level 16 garbage. Try with actual non-%^-* gear and it is easy to see that dh is lacking in DPS and not HP.
Edited by JDip#1990 on 5/15/2013 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL, Gloom is the most OP skill in terms of survivability. What DH need is skills that deal more damage!
Reply Quote
of course, this post will be block. well poor guy all that time.
Reply Quote
Yeah the problem is mainly eDPS...the multiple damage source thing is a good way to look at it but also sentries and pets can't crit yet cyclones and all the other nonsense can...I don't really understand why a whole set of our abilities has to be saddled with using less of our stats...makes the game more boring.

Regarding eDPS vs eHP being the problem though, a lot of our bar is taken up with disc skills (such as prep) to contribute to that eHP which precludes loading those extra source of damage in the first place. I will admit gloom is mighty but it also operates in large part off a snapshot bug which is probably not intentional. Furthermore gloom is usually powered by nightstalker, meaning one of our passives is really, really hard to change out.

Barbs on the other hand have that 30% free, along with better itemization so they can focus more on glass type of gears especially with their baseline lifesteals which will translate into eDPS for them.

Then on the hate side of things, fury is improved by every point of IAS but hate gets worse until you hit a breakpoint to added a little eDPS.

Bottom line is anything will help DH, whether it is more eHP so we could maybe unload a passive to put on one of our (mediocre) damage passives or hate buffs or pet/sentry buffs but the class really needs a lot still...just shows that when a class is so far on the bottom, a relative improvement in anything would go a long way.
Edited by Otaking#1972 on 5/16/2013 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

Troll or noob? I honestly couldnt tell.
Reply Quote
Personally I think we should get more CC and damage than eHP. I didn't want to facetank when I rolled a ranged class but you have to in higher MPS.

Taking some terrible passives like hot pursuit and adding damage buff + CC to them would be ideal.

Or alternatively increase our mobility (which hot pursuit utterly fails at), and CC avoidance more + damage instead of CC.
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 04:34 AMPosted by Otaking
Barbs on the other hand have that 30% free, along with better itemization so they can focus more on glass type of gears especially with their baseline lifesteals which will translate into eDPS for them

I was watching " TWITCH braodcast of ArchonTheWizard " and Wyatt Cheng / Travis Day was on. They talked alittle about DH and class balance. They both talked alot about good stuff. Like how they feel a class should play and where D3 should be heading. But the key is they don't have a grasp on the current reality of the STATE OF D3 righ now.

They talk about BUFF and NERF to BLA BLA .. It won't solve anything. DH is the BEST balanced class that needs alittle bit more TWEAK to be more inline with other classes.

The biggest PROBLEMS right now is BARB and WIZ. It's not an issue of OP. It the fact that MOB AFFIX is not in PLAY for those TOONS. BERZERKER eliminates all affixes / Wiz FREEZES everything and the mobs can't cast anything..

Solution :

BARB - AFFIXES like freeze/jailer/slow/knockback etc.. must be in play against BERZERKER and the can break free by RECASTING BERZERKER or USE another skill to like ignore the pain against etc .. ( MONKS must use SERENITY and DH must use SMOKE SCREEN )

Wiz - Should Not FREEZE every mob. Reduce their FREEZE proc RATE so that 1 out of 4 mobs is always not frozen to run around attack them. At Least now they have to deal with some AFFIXES. DH has 25% chance to stun 1 freakin mob. COMMON. 1 freakin mob and we can't even get any consistancy..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]