Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

Thread should not be on 2nd page ever way to much insight and good ideas to let it slip off page 1
Reply Quote
this thread needs some serious attention. So much work went into this research don't let it go to waste.

thread needs some blue love.
Reply Quote
Bump to see this thread on the front page/.
Reply Quote
Wow. I can't really add anymore to this thread to make it significantly better, but this thread should help shape up some of our abilities and get us balanced. Kudos.
Reply Quote
The RF buff just puts into perspective how ridiculously lopsided our other hatred spenders still are in terms of the ratio of hatred cost to damage output. I think it helped to illuminate the issue for people who couldn't understand or didn't want to look before.
Reply Quote
Before we become fan boys of a bunch of OFFICE POLITICIANS like TRAVIS DAY and WYATT CHENG and listen to them tell us what we might find EAR PLEASING:

" MP10 is suppose to be hard " BLA BLA BLA..

Here are the facts : IT'S NOT HARD .. PERIOD .. IT'S EASY and FAST for every class EXCEPT DH...

FACT 2 : BARB/WIZ broken and OP and should be braught back inline BLA BLA .. It won't happen.

What will happen?? THERE will be a small NERF that doesn't make a DAM difference. The DH won't get a BUFF that makes a DAM difference..

THEN THESE two clowns ( TRAVIS and WYATT ) will go PRANCE around doing some damage control and PR at a TWITCH streaming and ALL is BLA BLA in LA LA land..

Tell me this hasn't HAPPENED at every patch.. SHOW ME I am wrong.. .

SORRY GUYS - I am going to RANT and REPEAT MYSELF on every DH post. HOPEFULLY it becomes funny enough cause IT SO SAD..

05/16/2013 10:39 PMPosted by AdeptN7
The RF buff just puts into perspective how ridiculously lopsided our other hatred spenders still are

BARB/WIZ can do 1.5 mil tDPS ( actual damage per mob on screen ) . And we all know BARBS/WIZ does damage to more than ONE mob at a time.

THAT'S 1.5 mil damage per seond to GHOM.. NO-STOP .

DH - on the other . 700 k damager per second at 1.3 seconds MAX and no more hatred / and 120 second cool down .. then its back 300 k damage per seond for the next 5 to 10 seconds. Then we get to do 550 burst damage for another two shot and wait again...

BUT it's fine. It's all good. CAUSE we are in a good place and we have build variety...

HEY TRAVIS - GET A CLUE . The reason we do soooooooooooooo many builds is cause they all SUCK... AND we have not found one worth a DAM ..
Reply Quote
@ BV, you need to stop sounding so sour and bitter, it doesn't make us look good. Also, your numbers are way off. Pre buff, I was doing 750k dps with RF-fire support when I was at like 200k sheet dps. Single target, im now over 2m dps. I can tell just by watching how fast stuff dies.

I think most agree that we do have the most usable builds and they are all about equally effective. The problem is that our scaling is lacking. Wyatt said himself at the beginning of the stream that they are looking at most/all skills on all classes and checking their damage/cost ratio. I listened to the entire stream and I have faith in them. Im thinking changes will come with or just after the item patch.

We really only need a few tweeks to be good. CA, ST, and RoV need to do A LOT more damage, remove the cooldown on FoK, and give ele arrow a damage bump and un nerf NT. Some more synergy would be nice, but we really aren't a broken class, just a bit weak.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 11:03 AMPosted by hellmonkey
I listened to the entire stream and I have faith in them.

I listened as well. Given all the release the patch release thus far to date, they will have to show me ONE time they can TRANSLATE what they say into what is released.

patch 1.08 : WD /WIZ gets more buffs .. not NERFS
patch 1.09 : BARBs and MONKS turn .. DH will just have to be content with what ever itemizations we get and be content because " we have build variety " . OH WAIT. .. . DH is not TANKY enough.. DAM.. I know .. let's make it so that DH looses health if it moves... That should fix it.

As for numbers work this one out for me:

WD kills GHOM in 7.56 seconds ( how HP does GHOM mp10 have and divide it by 7.56 seonds)

Barbs with 200k dps ( buffed ) in the span of 3 seconds - 5 tornadoes that does 45k to 65k damage per tick times 7 ticks PLUS overpower / HoTA x2 - All repeatable to infinity. This is the barb I use personally. It is one of the most common setups out there.

MP10 is suppose to be hard? NO it's not. It's easy and FAST .. except for DH..

I am sounding bitter - YES - I am ..

NEXT I am coming forward - I bought lots of GEMS recently on RMAH and resold it on AH .. BAN me and I will just GOLF all summer instead....
Reply Quote
Bump to see if blizzard will say something about it.
Reply Quote
agree with all of this. free bump.
Reply Quote
Bumpity bump....

Also if you haven't read Juicy's thread, please do, if you agree with him, bump him there too.

:D

Link to thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796431467
Reply Quote
Summon: Phoenix!
Reply Quote
Lol damn the thread has hit page 2... Seems like everyone giving up hope now that Travis Day said DH's are fine... What a shame. We tried guys.... It's admirable at least. Sad to see a once great class ruined by a terrible community of haters and blizzard for listening to them.
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 08:16 PMPosted by METATRON
Lol damn the thread has hit page 2... Seems like everyone giving up hope now that Travis Day said DH's are fine... What a shame. We tried guys.... It's admirable at least. Sad to see a once great class ruined by a terrible community of haters and blizzard for listening to them.

Sadly i think we have a higher chance calling for nerfs to other classes than calling for buffs to DH. The developers believes that being eDPS weak like the DH is the way to go.
Reply Quote
I quit D3 back when they introduced the new legendary item sets. That video helps put all the changes since then into perspective. Looking back, it is hilarious how fast blizzard acted on our nerfs (smokescreen, nether tentacles, proc skills, natalya's new set, trail of cinders). Yet now I see that barbs and wizards are still rolling with the same unharmed, overpowered builds for almost a year and monks making DHs look like a joke.

The sad part is, even if all those nerfs were reverted, I doubt it would affect the DH's current state much. Where is the love?
Reply Quote
First of all I think it was a really cool move of Wyatt and Travis to actually join a twitch stream and basically do some sort of live and diablo-related AMA.

They both showed that Blizzard is very aware of the class balance issues - which gives us hope.

But Travis is also actually completely right that DH is actually the most polished and balanced class with the highest build diversity. I've stated that numerous times in the past months as well already. What's most needed are quality of life changes, the reduced channeling cost on Rapid Fire is very nice already and the increased damage made it replace Spike Traps in many people's builds.

The biggest problem is, as Travis confirmed as well, is that the Barbarian is simply out of line compared to DH.
I'd personally even go so far and say that the other classes are way out of line too when compared to DH....just not by such a huge margin as the Barbarian.
That's why I sorta have no real explanation for why Wizards and Monks got such massive buffs in the last 2 patches, considering they were both already really really strong and nowhere near weak.
Witch Doctors were probably the most underplayed and underrated class, I don't think buffs were needed here but it's definitely cool and refreshing to see more of them again :)
Reply Quote
People are sadly ignorant about paper DPS, which really means nothing, despite the fact that everyone seems to drool over it.

Yeah demon hunters are not performing very well compared to others because of this uptime issue.
Reply Quote
They both showed that Blizzard is very aware of the class balance issues - which gives us hope.

But Travis is also actually completely right that DH is actually the most polished and balanced class with the highest build diversity.

1 - There's an issue with a DH being able to TANK better than a BARB ..
2 - There's an issue when you have a BARB and MONK twice as FAST as DH and MOBs.
3 - IT DOES MATTER what lip service they give us. IT'S what they do that matters.. NOTHING.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it .. BARBS will a BUFF again and Wiz will get a buff again..

DH will get lip service again.. and nothing else..
Reply Quote
I have all 5 characters at lvl 60. All 5 can farm at a respectable low level. My main is a WD so it's leagues ahead of my other classes, but w/e not important.

Anyway, my monk and DH shares all but 5 pieces of gear and my DH has 60k dps over my monk.

I use a 20spirit/second build (it's incredibly fun). Can kill mobs in MP5 in seconds.

Compare that to the DH that takes twice as long to kill mobs in MP4. I kill myself instantly when i hit an RD pack without Gloom on.

Just look at the numbers. With 20spirit/sec (giving up overawe for healing) my monk can spam an 800+damage bell 13 times continuously before running out of spirit. The highest edps skill for dh is at most 700 and you can only lay out 3 at a time, has a small radius, loses effectiveness if mobs even move, etc.

Much to what OP is saying, the Monk is not OP. He sits comfortably in the middle of effectiveness along with the WD. DH are underpowered as hell.
Reply Quote
Much to what OP is saying, the Monk is not OP. He sits comfortably in the middle of effectiveness along with the WD. DH are under-powered as hell.

As we have heard TRAVIS DAY spoke on twitch, he feels the DH is in a good spot. And that other classes are OP...

So here's the real dilemma, NERF all the other classes into the ground and piss everybody off. Billions of gold and time put into optimizing a build that will no longer work or be as effective..

or

Tell DH what they want to hear, " you have build variety .. bla bla " ( let me know when build variety kills mobs in 1/2 the time MONKS/WIZ/BARBs do )

This is what Blizzard has done continuiously,
- TANK the DH / BUFF WIZ in 1.7 and 1.08 dispite stating they are OP..
- Just gave MONKS a nice/needed buff but maybe too much in patch 1.07 but will never NERF monks to match DH lvl of eDPS.

The choice comes down to NERF all classes or just BUFF the living hell out of DH ..

BUFFing DH to BARBs lvl has a price - BLIZZARD feels this will break the game. It's OKAY if WD is buffed to insanity in 1.08 / It's okay for BARBS / WIZ and MONKs to completely ignore all CC / affixes and OP everything in site but ... . BUT if DH does this too than the world will end...

In essence - DH is in a good place - sooo balanced -- sooo good -- other classes OP ---sooo bad-- soo soo bad - THUS we do nothing and keep it that way..

THANKS BLIZZARD..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]