Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

TianZi still banned?

anyway, bump.
Reply Quote
All we need to do is wait the dh buff until this we play with monk.
Reply Quote
TianZi got banned?
Reply Quote
Hey, comming back to this thread after some while and just wanted to post my recent opinion on DH.

I have a 400k unbuffed DPS DH on EU server.
I was in the top 100 DH for a while (till i got outranked) so i decided to stop there. I achived my goal of para 100 and also top 100 DH in EU with 400k+ DPS.

Completely buffed (like really buffed) i got my DPS up to 1,2m DPS ingame.
I play normally unbuffed (Night Stalker - perfectionist - grenadier) and i used (pre patch 1.0.8) Cluster Arrow with Cluster Bombs. I Got crits up 1,3m/granade. I made my Build to have really high Hatred regen and cost reduced to just spam that skill. I got my eDPS somewhere around 2.5m.
This is pretty decent ... but i have 400k unbuffed DPS.

Post patch 1.0.8 i tried out Rapid fire with the support fire rune. Changed to Archery from grenadier. Also replaced perfectionist with Balistics.
So i tried Ghom on mp10.
I was crits somewhere around 400k-750k/hit (missiles around 900k-1.1m).
Befor i attacked i marked him, poped shadow power and attacked. My roommate startet the timer.
It took me 29 sec to kill Ghom on mp10 solo (no shrine buffs).

I than looked up on the web what the record was. So i saw a lot of people doing Ghom in under 10 sec with pDPS lower than me but eDPS way wigher than me.

I saw HOTA Barbs with 3+ attackspeed critting 4-6m/hit and i was just amazed how low the DH is.
As a top 100 i considered myself as a elit DH in europe but after i saw those i was so wrong.

It is True, i am one of the few that kill Ghom as a DH in under 30 sec solo, but compared to other classes - i cant even describe how low i felt at that point on.

I already had a barb, put 300m into it and geared it up to 200k unbuffed.
Im Doing Ubers mp10 solo now, level much faster, kill faster, in short terms, all is better and faster.

It is true, in the beginning the DH was overpowered and HAD the highest DPS around there - that was 1 year ago.
In all this time the DH was just left out as other classes got Buffed or event reworked as the Monk.

Im my honest opinion, the DH does not need some buffs, but a major rework as the Monk had in previouse patches.

Make 1h crossbows viable, also Bow for that matter.
There are some really useless passives.
The gear needs to be redone because if you look at ALL TOP 100 DH they almost have one and the same gear (as i looked up some barb they varied in armor and weapons).
Every top 100 DH has a Manticore - thats a fact.

There is so much i could add here, but maybe a next time.
Reply Quote
I already had a barb, put 300m into it and geared it up to 200k unbuffed.
Im Doing Ubers mp10 solo now, level much faster, kill faster, in short terms, all is better and faster.

The last I heard was BARB /WIZ is OP. I will add MONK/WD to this now. Although I've heard these exact words " DH is in a good place and the other classes are OP and broken" from Blizzard, I fail to see the logic and reasoning in continuously buffing the other classes.
Reply Quote
Bump !

I have mained a DH for along time now and see this as a way to play DH -

Our primary attacks are best in game. We rely on them alot. I think the intended gameplay at launch may have been - Primary attacks x 2-5 then 1-2 resource spenders and repeat. For all classes. This would make DH very powerful compared to other classes.

Since launch other classes can and have been able to have unlimited resource / eliminate intented cool downs / extend short term buffs to infinity. All classes except DH can do this. Therefore while we are stuck at using only primary attack skills for the most part - other classes use builds that require zero primary attacks ( resource regen attacks )..

I am rethinking some of the buffs DH should have. Shadow power's LS should last 3 seconds and all shadow power runes should last 120 seconds. Instead of buffing Hatred spenders - buff primary attack skills so that they are more attractive to use
Reply Quote
^ I have to disagree on a couple points.

1. Buffing hatred spenders is still the way to go for me. I don't mind that we can't constantly use our spenders like other classes, but if that's the case, when we DO use them they better tear the screen apart with power. Currently: they do not (other than Rapid Fire and Echoing Blast; the rest are a joke in DPS potential for what they cost). While your point about buffing hatred generators would indeed mitigate the eDPS issue, it would change the DH style of play to be one of more consistent damage instead of tactically chosen burst damage, which I wouldn't want.

2. Your idea about shadow power runes lasting 120 seconds is way over-powered in my opinion, even if you cut the LS down to 3 seconds. Plus, it would actually be a nerf for me in my current state because I have no problem perma-glooming and the main reason it's good for me is BECAUSE of the life steal; so if you cut the LS down to 3 seconds I just have to click my gloom button more and that means an added 40% disc cost. So even though I have some bias there, I would still think the 120 seconds is an overkill for most DH, as it is a skill that almost all of us use as it is. Other skills need buffs way more than shadow power.
Reply Quote
FREE TIANZI!
Reply Quote
I think a good buff would be to make sentries cost less or even zero hate and lower their cooldown. It's not the only thing DH needs for sure but it's a step in the right direction. There are a lot of good builds sentries would go into but the hate costs get stupid and conflict with traps and ca a lot.

We could raise eDPS with more of them on the field faster but as it stands it takes forever to get 2 out much less 3 making custom engineering kind of a waste in regards to only sentries as well.

Stronger pets would be great too, barbs have passive buffs that just straight up raise their damage by 30 percent or other good runes and a pet could fill this same buffing role instead of being a useless non-critting source of damage out there or defense/resource gen only....or gold collection...haha.
Edited by Otaking#1972 on 5/31/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/31/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Otaking
instead of being a useless non-critting source of damage out there

This part drives me nuts! Now I know that it's just a game and all.... but your telling me a Wolf can't find a persons weak point when they're hunting?! A wolf ripping at your throat is a pretty big critical hit IMO, he'll do a lot more damage biting there then chomping on your arm. Outrageous!
I'd also like to be able to switch which animal has which bonus but ah well.

I do really like your idea about changing the companions a bit.
Like:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/active/companion
Raven: Summon a raven that pecks the eyes of their victims for 38% Weapon damage and has a 20% chance to blind the target

Spider: Summon a spider instead of a raven. The spider's attacks also Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 2 seconds and have a 10% chance to leave behind a health globe

Bat: Summon a bat instead of a raven. The bat grants you 3 Hatred per second and 3% life steal

Boar: Summon a boar instead of a raven. The boar increases your Life regeneration by 310 per second. In addition the boar increases your resistances to all damage types by 15%. ( I think hes fine as is )

Ferrets: Summon ferrets instead of a raven. The ferrets collect gold for you and increase gold and magic find by 25%. (can break mf cap)

Wolf: Summon a wolf instead of a raven. The wolf attacks for 94% of your weapon damage as Physical and raise damage by 25% for you and the party

it would open up some possibilities IMO, not a lot, but a few more.
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 6/2/2013 2:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow !

I'm just a avg DH and the stuff I am reading is ???????.

You all have a great time playing the game.
Reply Quote
Demon Hunters just cannot clear as fast as Barb, Monk and Wiz. I don't even understand why we take 30% more damage at this rate. Monks got some nice retooling a few patches ago from what I remember. Sometimes I feel the devs only really focused on one class (Barbarian) before the game release.
Edited by Uberfuchs#1641 on 6/1/2013 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't let this thread die. Still pissed off that I gotta play my monk to farm anything efficiently. Dh is my favorite class but I'm sick of having good gear and being breezed by people in half the gear.

I'm waiting.....

Oh and.... inb4 800% weapon damage Monk bellz. Lolz that was smart.
Reply Quote
BECAUSE of the life steal; so if you cut the LS down to 3 seconds I just have to click my gloom button more and that means an added 40% disc cost. So even though I have some bias there, I would still think the 120 seconds is an overkill for most DH, as it is a skill that almost all of us use as it is. Other skills need buffs way more than shadow power.

Buffing it to 120 seconds and allow LS to last 5 seconds still wouldn't change much for you if at all if you choose to spam gloom every 5 seconds which all of can already do. But if we get the 30% defensive buff for 120 seconds like all class gets their defensive buff ( mantra's / wiz's shields / barbs war cry - battle etc ... ) then DH will be on par in this respect. Thus free up 1 or 2 skill slots if we choose to use Glide / Nightbane / Bloodmoon ( gets 6% only while shadow power is on - plus the initial 15% LS on start up) .

Free up a skill slot to feed disc plus gain 120 seconds of nightbane or glide is good for the DH class over all. I understand it won't make too much difference to tanks but other builds will have a chance to shine as well..

Tanks use the gloom for a reason / stepper use glide for a reason / streaming RF builds use nightbane for a reason. We all can perma-shadow power. So just let use use it for 120 seconds. This was done to battle rage - 10 seconds to 120 seconds ( didn't hurt the game ) Mantra's are 120 seconds to 7minutes - didn't hurt the game - etc .. .
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 6/2/2013 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can't let this fall to 3rd page now can we...
Reply Quote
ニャン~
Reply Quote
05/31/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Veritech
FREE TIANZI!

Tianzi already bid his farewell in these forums 2 weeks ago, if I recall correctly. He did say he plans to hop by the forums every now and then. He also wished us luck with the eDPS issue, from what I can remember.
Reply Quote
I recently played with a WD in Dog build. He had 160 k unbuffed DPS and a whopping 500 k DPS fully buffed. Here's the kicker, all he had to do was hit soul harvest to boost his int to 4900 (he was only plvl 62) and then reap in the globes from his exploding dogs.

How is a DH supposed to compete with that? I have about 250 k DPS unbuffed. If I add archery, it jumps to 280 k. Steady Aim, which requires some effort to maintain (it can be snapshoted with RF), gets me to 338 k... What do I have left... Sharpshooter, which will constantly be reset?

Now, I do use Cull the Weak and MfD which, if combined, grant 27% more damage; however, I usually run night stalker in high MPs. The point is, even if I did use these two skills, that would still only put me at 400 k or so.
Reply Quote
0 cd WD isn't for dps. But its still good dps. CoB and bears still better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]