Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

Bump
Reply Quote
yes, but u can't compare a monk vs dh in pvp... different scenarios, one class is better than other at doing certain things.

can't have it all, or so it seems in this game.

move on to ur Monk then.
Reply Quote
yes, but u can't compare a monk vs dh in pvp... different scenarios, one class is better than other at doing certain things.

move on to ur Monk then.

Yea, just screw all of us who prefer the playstyle of a DH and couldn't care less about PvP... Makes perfect sense...
Reply Quote
Weapon damage increased from 430% to 914%
Weapon damage increased from 390% to 829%

the above monk buffs were given in 1.07

now let's give them to DH.
increase spike trap from 275% t0 800%
increase Fan of knives from 320% to 914%
Im sure everyone would be happy then right?
No one would be jealous? I'm suuuuure no other classes would complain then right? (ha)
Reply Quote

move on to ur Monk then.

Yea, just screw all of us who prefer the playstyle of a DH and couldn't care less about PvP... Makes perfect sense...

hey, dont blame me, blame BLIZZARD lol and btw, jsut bcuz u don't care for PvP doesnt mean no one else cares... the thing is to keep things in balance folks.

No one would be jealous? I'm suuuuure no other classes would complain then right? (ha)

EXACTLY, these peaople do NOT understand the mechanics at all

flash of light =30% extra damage for 3 secs + Moc x2(3secsbuff)24%extra damage and for 3 secs 48% extra daamge + wave of light proabbly with 1200% dmg rune + spirit regen passives HE EVEN us using cyclone rune for extra spirit regen i'm telling u and Keeping ALL TIME ur spirit for all that Dmg combo.. is quite hard even while using extra spirit generators on ur FoTs rune

this video is just bias obviously, while I AGREE, DEMON HUNTER should get a PvE buff, something like Into the fray for DH's... like 10 hatred per crit or whatever cuz YES DH is weaker in higher Mp's but comparing against a monk? a CLOSE combat class who has nothing like GLOOM nor something crazy for regenarting spirit (discipline like old nat set)
c'mon
gimme a break!
Edited by Geraki#1760 on 4/8/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I cannot understand the reason why there is never a blue response for these DH pvE complaints.

I only read the hot topics in the forum every day. This is probably the 7 or 8th posts for buffing DH in the hot topics within the last month.

I am sure the community managers have read these posts. There are so many players complaining then it should be an important issue to be addressed, not trolling.

So why there is no response to us? I just do not understand..
Reply Quote
Ehhh no doubt dhs are slower at killing on the higher mps, soloing mp9-10 not even wortg the time unless you are ina group, where every other class can do it solo, no problem and pretty efficiently.

What are you gonna do? It is what it is. I still find my dh more fun to play.

Everyone cried nerf in the beginning and we got nerfed. Time after time, nothing you can do but adapt and move on.

Gonna start dual boxing with barbs and give my dh a break, just got a barb to level 60 on my other account and geared him, cost about 500 mil including radiant gems. So noe i switch off an on le arning to play the barb class on my other account, but still farm with my dh because down to 200 mil, need another 300 to gear up another barb. And then will get my barb on this account up to 60 also.
Reply Quote
The most popular monk build was nerfed when they removed the snapshot that sweeping wind use to take of Blinding Flash: Faith In Light.
Well you see the problem with Monks and the Monk community is, they gravitate to broken or bugged mechanics and this was clearly one of them. Blizzard then fixes it in the next patch and they cry like babies and now attack anybody on sight trying to prove something is bugged.

I really do hope that WotHF + IWL thing gets fixed b/c it really is a bug. People are so self-centered and want to keep and use OP mechanics that they'll tell themselves anything to believe it's not a bug when it clearly is.
Reply Quote
need to decrease the cost of hatred.
Reply Quote
DH's are fine. maybe a little number tweaking for better single target but that's all. quit comparing them to barb or monk efficiency. that's apples to oranges. If you are so obsessed with saving 15 secs off elite kill time--play a barb/monk.
Reply Quote
The problem I see with DH, is we have slots we have to use on MANDITORY skills. Leaves only two choices.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Technoviking
DH's are fine. maybe a little number tweaking for better single target but that's all. quit comparing them to barb or monk efficiency. that's apples to oranges. If you are so obsessed with saving 15 secs off elite kill time--play a barb/monk.

You're right, we should just take the nerfs already handed to us and say "thank you sir, may I have another" while being surpassed in every facet of the game by every other class.

Even if we did get a buff to threaten the superiority or the classes you play, then we'd have to deal with people like yourself QQing for more DH nerfs.

Great well thought out "play a barb" post man, kudos to you!
Reply Quote

flash of light =30% extra damage for 3 secs + Moc x2(3secsbuff)24%extra damage and for 3 secs 48% extra daamge + wave of light proabbly with 1200% dmg rune + spirit regen passives HE EVEN us using cyclone rune for extra spirit regen i'm telling u and Keeping ALL TIME ur spirit for all that Dmg combo.. is quite hard even while using extra spirit generators on ur FoTs rune

this video is just bias obviously, while I AGREE, DEMON HUNTER should get a PvE buff, something like Into the fray for DH's... like 10 hatred per crit or whatever cuz YES DH is weaker in higher Mp's but comparing against a monk? a CLOSE combat class who has nothing like GLOOM nor something crazy for regenarting spirit (discipline like old nat set)
c'mon
gimme a break!

Have you tried to play a DH on high MP? Close combat you say is only for melee? Have you tried staying range on your DH on MP10 solo? Are you talking about Gloom compared to LS gear for Monks and especially for Barbs such as belts? As for regenerating spirit compared to legacy Nats. You do know that if you use legacy Nats you severely sacrifice EHP. You also have to consider that DH's have to manage two pools, hatred and discipline. Anyone of these you have to sacrifice gear and skills.

Also what do you mean that we should only get a PVE buff? When all other classes including your own class got buffed, did it not transfer over to PVP?
Reply Quote

This is one of the most stupidest comments I read here so far. Your solution is to roll another class? Why don't you take off some of your gear to be like us? 15 secs is not a long time? Why don't you add 15 secs to each of your elite kills and let me know if it doesn't affect you. At the same time add a few seconds to regular mobs.

Apples to oranges, Yes if you are talking about the style of play between each class. Overall it should be equal. Or better yet it should be how it was originally designed, Melee is weak EDPS but high EHP while Range is high EDPS but weak EHP.
Edited by BLKDRGN#1787 on 4/8/2013 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

LOL that's why u play monk and barb. Seriously it's not about seconds, it's about being viable.

c'mon
gimme a break!

LOL another brabarian. There is no such thing like RANGE in this game. Maps are too small and tight. Wanna buy nats L E G A C Y set and faceroll them mobs? Gimme a break...
Edited by phoen1x#2713 on 4/8/2013 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes... but what are you basically saying?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I think you are putting too much value on paper dps. All it is is a rough estimate but when you have a game such as this, or most others for that matter, that have abilities that do % weapon damage then paper dps means virtually nothing at all. DH is definately not the only class that has this "issue" with paper dps. That being said I would love to have a more accurate paper dps shown but not sure if blizz could really do that. Either way +1 from me :-)
Reply Quote

hey, dont blame me, blame BLIZZARD lol and btw, jsut bcuz u don't care for PvP doesnt mean no one else cares... the thing is to keep things in balance folks.

c'mon
gimme a break!

The topic is eDPS on DH.

bump, bump, bump....................................
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Wukong
The most popular monk build was nerfed when they removed the snapshot that sweeping wind use to take of Blinding Flash: Faith In Light.
Well you see the problem with Monks and the Monk community is, they gravitate to broken or bugged mechanics and this was clearly one of them. Blizzard then fixes it in the next patch and they cry like babies and now attack anybody on sight trying to prove something is bugged.

You can blow anything off as a bug. But the mechanic worked a certain way since the game was released and probably would have stay that way if people didn't find out about gear swapping. No one had a problem with the snapshot until that started.

BTW singling out the monk community is just childish. You act as if other classes don't try and squeeze every advantage they can out of a mechanic when they find out about it. Maybe like barbs recognizing that RLTW only uses the mainhand to calculate damage or how wizards came up with attack speed + CM + freeze = permafreeze.
Reply Quote

c'mon
gimme a break!

Have you tried to play a DH on high MP? Close combat you say is only for melee? Have you tried staying range on your DH on MP10 solo? Are you talking about Gloom compared to LS gear for Monks and especially for Barbs such as belts? As for regenerating spirit compared to legacy Nats. You do know that if you use legacy Nats you severely sacrifice EHP. You also have to consider that DH's have to manage two pools, hatred and discipline. Anyone of these you have to sacrifice gear and skills.

Also what do you mean that we should only get a PVE buff? When all other classes including your own class got buffed, did it not transfer over to PVP?

yes i have, ofc, u see my monk gear? i jsut transfer that thing to my DH, and yeah pretty much at higher mp u just have to face tank everything, which is easy because of gloom, the problem there is if u do not have enough Critical chance% and Attackspeed ur discipline won't suffice ....

i've heard from top demon hutners that yeah while u "sacrficie" some EHP while using legacy nat, u have more chance of survivial with it

nevermind the resource generation thing, clearly DH's have a big disvantage there having to manage 2 pools and there aint much solutions around for hatrd regen ... which is FAIR sorry if u disagree but it's FAIR that demon hutner don't have that much hatred regeneration options... would u imagine a DH blasting ALL THE TIME in PVP big dmg skills which cost hatred? just not fair.

i mean a PvE buff, somthing that procs only from MOBS not PLAYERS (pvp) and those procs to give hatred back, I DONT KNOW something for better single target DPS

YES i'm comparing LS to gloom, I havent felt the need on high MP to use LS weps such as wf or a manti with LS... all i use is gloom (mp8)

all I'm saying is, the way this guy is comparing DH's To monks is unfair and ridiculous.
Edited by Geraki#1760 on 4/8/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]