Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

^ This.
Travis Days comments about the DH really destroyed my hopes about getting a buff.

yeah, thats just you opinion man. maybe dh doesnt need a buff because they a tanky class almost unkillable with shadowpower

Says the guy with a paragon 30 DH without gear. If you don't know anything about this class please, don't talk.
Reply Quote
freee bump
Reply Quote
90 pages and no blue post......
Also, Travis said on Archon's stream that demon unter is "not actually that bad" and that Barb and Cm wizard must be nerfed. I beg blizzard not to do this, not becuase I dont want my cm wizard nerfed but because it would make the game less enjoyable.
Demon Hunter needs a buff for sure but not only to their damage but also survivability, a cm wiz or barb or monk can survive easily but DH dies in about 2 seconds from a dangerous elite pack.
Even though i dont play a demon hunter to level 60, my brother has and so I am well acquainted with the limitations this class.
Also- itemisation not before Blizzcon............. !
Reply Quote
Ok, let me get this right:
Other classes can earn resource while using resource spenders AND casts buffs that enhance the damage output of said resource spender that allows them to earn resource based on damage output.

Obviously, I don't play other classes. I'm looking for actual facts.
Reply Quote
Ok, let me get this right:
Other classes can earn resource while using resource spenders AND casts buffs that enhance the damage output of said resource spender that allows them to earn resource based on damage output.

Obviously, I don't play other classes. I'm looking for actual facts.

Well you've just described the standard WW/WOTB barb which is the most broken build in D3 right now. It generates fury from WW crits to keep the almighty WOTB buff up.

Wizards avoid the whole resource spending altogether (Archon mode doesn't need arcane power while it is kept up) OR the build considered ..somewhat broken...CM which just locks everything down for them.

Monks need resource gen always and they either get a ton of it from really fast attacks on their high gen hits in their tornado style build ...15 while critting from the main spirit gen hit choice OR they are a TR Skorn type of build and gear it through Helm, Soj...they can wear a mantra and a passive for this, get some passive to help when they wield 2h etc.

They are balanced better since they still have to worry about resource gen and survival, but since they can either layer on multiple attacks or spam 800 + 100 pct damage bells, they have a lot higher damage potential than DH and some of their self damage buffs are insane creating small windows of 1 mill damage for a lot of monks and the sustained damage self buffs aren't bad either and don't compromise survival (See Breath of Heaven:Blazing Wrath for instance)

Personally I think monk is about where every class should be...they actually have a lot of crappy passives though, then again so do Wiz.

DH has a lot of interesting passives with probably less useless ones than Monk/Wiz but our attacks and self buffs are so weak in general that it's hard to get enough benefits out of them. Of course barb has the best set of passives overall with hardly any that are completely useless.

WD I have no idea, don't touch em.

The way DH is built the other classes have easier ways to layer on multiple source of damage and maintain survivability. DH can get survivability easier due to Gloom, but can't layer on any effective multiple sources of damage without compromising resource gen, or survivability at most gearing levels. Since DH get a quiver slot, you end up with a lot of DH around 300k paper dps and because the eDPS is so low across all their builds, you end up with a lot of DH actually clearing slower than a 150k barb or monk.
Reply Quote
Also, Travis said on Archon's stream that demon under is "not actually that bad"

Clearly, Travis Day doesn't play a DH, nor does he understand the issue. The good news is that he's just one developer so...

The problem is that Travis mistakes build diversity for eDPS. Two different things 0_o

On the other hand, Wyatt Cheng, who designed the class, says on that same stream that he knew about the issue, and that he saw the video of a monk compared to a DH, basically this thread, right?

Our saviour will be Wyatt.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 6/17/2013 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
DH has by far the most effective dps of any class in the game.

Having a variety of skills to choose from, we have ZERO skills which buff our damage. But don't worry. We have shadow power to make up for this. Shadow power as it says in game "Increases combat effectiveness", which of course results in much fast kills, bringing our eDPS up.

Not satisfied still? No problem. We have a massive 125 hatred pool and an amazing 4 hatred per second. If this isn't enough, we can get 1.33 from cloak and quiver which brings us over 50% of our normal regen. Incredible! This gives us a wide variety of powerful attacks to use...oh wait that's only rapid fire...

If this isn't enough hatred, no sweat bro. We can relay on our powerful primary attacks that seem to only focus on single targets, making farming with them very effective which shows the high eDPS of the demon hunter.

Futhermore, any attacks that seem to not TICKLE monsters, have a large delay associated with the attack, which of course results in higher eDPS on the demon hunter. Anyone with a brain knows that delayed attacks makes it work faster as with a virus on a computer.

Newton, Einstein, Godel all came together and needed to figure out how to deal with these delayed attacks. As the apple fell from the tree, a spark came! We simple stand still as demon hunters, let monster come to our face, so that delayed attacks will hit our monsters! *clap clap* But wait, aren't we a ranged class? YOU SAW NOTHING.

As you can clearly see, we have by far the highest eDPS of any class on the game. If you still have doubts about this, come see your local Nyan in game!

ニャン
Reply Quote
For the sake of Natalya's honor, buff the Hunters of Demons.
Reply Quote
I wonder if we're going to get any response about the DH eDPS issue before this threads reaches the 100 pages barrier lol.
Reply Quote
I am not sure about all the buffs. But I believe DH roll needs to be re-examined like they did with monk.

Let us manage the Hatred / Discipline. Set traps. Stay ranged and take them down before they get to us. Like the class selection screen states as went choose our toons.. at this point in time the DH plays nothing like those discription.

Also we the monk was re-examine the DEVs asked if turning spirit into hp was truly the play as the noble monk. I ask the same question, " Does channeling disciple into Gloom really the only intent of DH class " . Should we not be more focus on shooting primary shots to rebuild hatred / discipline so that we may apply burst damage with hatred and use traps for crowd control, mobility, positioning etc . . .

With this thought in mind consider Shadow power without the 15% life steal. Just for one second, give that a though. If life steal was not such a huge issue for us, now we can look at other runes like glide / nightbane and etc .. that either scales to last as long as there mobs on screen like APoC / Battle rage type skills.. or a way to last 120 seconds or longer with recast.

Shadow power can finally be used as intended. . glide increased speed over the cap / nightbane for increased hatred regen and so on and so .. or gloom as being a 120 second 35% damage reduction..

What truly holds the DH back is over reliance on Gloom, because it's a must for most situations. Remove the need for the 15% life steal and see DH shadow power truly shine.. ( there are many players who don't use gloom that knows this well. but there are also way too many skills/gear that go into channel discipline purely for gloom )

I say this in comparison to Monk because monk spirit to hp was a simular situation.. Now they have LS plus high DPS skills to restore hp.. I would rather see Hatred to hp restore via high dps ls procs instead.. Discipline should be used to enhance and support mobility and crown control..
Reply Quote
^ Bump
Reply Quote
its hopeless bro :[ lol
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 03:13 PMPosted by METATRON
its hopeless bro :[ lol

So sad that we still didn't get an answer from the blues. It's also sad that most people that most veterans I know from the DH forums have left this game or re-rolled another character.
Reply Quote
Well to test this out i leveled up a DH the other day and loaded the bugger out with bils worth of gear.

In the end, my 267k unbuffed barb clears mp10 as fast as my 426k unbuffed DH can clear mp7. Single target DPS is slightly closer, my barb killing about twice as fast. Group slaughter isn't even close given that my barb has 3mil WW DPS on top of spamming overpowers and rend ticking away.
Reply Quote
Well to test this out i leveled up a DH the other day and loaded the bugger out with bils worth of gear.

In the end, my 267k unbuffed barb clears mp10 as fast as my 426k unbuffed DH can clear mp7. Single target DPS is slightly closer, my barb killing about twice as fast. Group slaughter isn't even close given that my barb has 3mil WW DPS on top of spamming overpowers and rend ticking away.

That's what gets me, the single target examples on Ghom that people use to try to justify that DH dps is all right. Other classes are able to tear apart packs and other AoE situations a lot better than the DH, so let's just do a 1v1 test on Ghom and still see the DH a few seconds behind (which is substantial with times almost in the single digits).
Reply Quote
n the end, my 267k unbuffed barb clears mp10 as fast as my 426k unbuffed DH can clear mp7. Single target DPS is slightly closer, my barb killing about twice as fast. Group slaughter isn't even close given that my barb has 3mil WW DPS on top of spamming overpowers and rend ticking away.

I thnk tests versus an equivalently geared monk are more fair and probably more effective to sway dev opinion since everyone admits the barb build is horribly broken.

Monk is the other class that still needs resource generators in their best builds, along with WD I guess but I don't play WD so I can't comment.
Reply Quote
I wish they brought back the 2 discipline regeneration per second <3
Reply Quote
+1 no blue ?
Reply Quote
blizz pleace make the DH a real nefalem
Reply Quote
plz buff the DH plz i have 300k of dps unbuff and my hits are still so low, check my profile and u will se what i mean. PLZ BUFFFFF THE DEMON HUNTER !
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]