Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

anyone try rapid fire and compare it ? I still think other classes > dh in terms of edps
Reply Quote
This is great post, and blizzard really should look at this. Besides, even the "good " demon hunter specs arent even fun to play with and have encourage playstyles that dont even feel right for a demon hunter class, not right at all.

And specs that you would imagine would have the right playstyle for demon hunter, like with lots of vaulting, instantaneous damage, slowing traps, multishot/chakrams and other demonhuntery abilities, well they are just pure crap in comparisson - at least when it comes to playing difficulties where you dont oneshot/twoshot your enemies.
Reply Quote
78 Human Rogue
bumping for hope.. if DH are going to be as squishy as they are compared to the other classes they need to have the edps to make up for it. cmon bliz doo it!!
Reply Quote
+1 for the thread.
I used to have paragon lvl 93 barbarian and his edps his just way too much compare to my current
Reply Quote
pls fix dh low edps issue
Reply Quote
I don't think replicating this with rapid fire is going to work. Point is, the inclusion of a soj throws this controlled test off balance.

Firstly, the inclusion of a soj means we can only use skills boosted by soj in the test.
Secondly, how are we controlling the variables in the % stat of the soj, boosted stat (crit chance vs damage increase affixes).

The use of a soj in the eDPS comparison throws in too many variables, it's hard to control so many variable when you throw in an item that messes with the skill and damage output of the class.

I think many people may have overlooked that fact and personally, I would suggest removing the soj to have a better comparison.

My 260k bombardment DH took around 45-50s to clear inferno 8 warriors rest without a soj. Trash mobs drops in sec but the elite took 25-30 sec to go down.

EDITED

For argument's sake, I got myself a 5% arcane soj, 27% elite dmg, and 10% bola damage.
Keep in mind my build is a bombardment rf DH and I also decreased my dps to 226k dps.

I used inferno 8 Warrior's rest as a comparison, more congested mobs with less movement downtime so much easier to compare and it took around 23 sec from first hit to all mobs death.

Compared to your 216k dps monk which took around 18 sec from first hit to when you tried to tele, (you kinda left 1 mob alive) but besides that I would say a 5 sec margin of error is pretty good in such a broad test with different skill set and items.

I could upload the video if anyone requires proof.
Edited by Archer#1757 on 10/6/2013 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think replicating this with rapid fire is going to work. Point is, the inclusion of a soj throws this controlled test off balance.

Firstly, the inclusion of a soj means we can only use skills boosted by soj in the test.
Secondly, how are we controlling the variables in the % stat of the soj, boosted stat (crit chance vs damage increase affixes).

The use of a soj in the eDPS comparison throws in too many variables, it's hard to control so many variable when you throw in an item that messes with the skill and damage output of the class.

I think many people may have overlooked that fact and personally, I would suggest removing the soj to have a better comparison.

My 260k bombardment DH took around 45-50s to clear inferno 8 warriors rest without a soj. Trash mobs drops in sec but the elite took 25-30 sec to go down.

EDITED

For argument's sake, I got myself a 5% arcane soj, 27% elite dmg, and 10% bola damage.
Keep in mind my build is a bombardment rf DH and I also decreased my dps to 226k dps.

I used inferno 8 Warrior's rest as a comparison, more congested mobs with less movement downtime so much easier to compare and it took around 23 sec from first hit to all mobs death.

Compared to your 216k dps monk which took around 18 sec from first hit to when you tried to tele, (you kinda left 1 mob alive) but besides that I would say a 5 sec margin of error is pretty good in such a broad test with different skill set and items.

I could upload the video if anyone requires proof.

Just out of curiosity, who are you comparing yourself to? The original video from TianZi?
Reply Quote
Yes, the original video.
Reply Quote
I'm back for hope! :)
Reply Quote
yeah....i play dh and ive noticed this as well i only recently started playing again cause expansion will be coming out soon but dh is so obviously a gimped class compared to all the others if they dont fix it in march im prob just gonna uninstall
Reply Quote
View profile
This thread was legendary.
Reply Quote
Vids they have been showing is turning out to be quite nice for DHs.
Reply Quote
11/09/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Chrizzle

How so? I don't see vengeance multiplying the damage you deal by 10x permanently and solving the issue.
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 06:44 AMPosted by Blame
How so? I don't see vengeance multiplying the damage you deal by 10x permanently and solving the issue.

You're assuming barbs, WDs and Wizzes can still play their current all-out aggro style and sit in the middle of everything. Taking the unlimited resource away from barb and wizzes is a huge DPS nerf for them. WDs might be forced back to more range and pets rather than pure CoB or switch to plague bats, which is already a big DPS drop, ala Zombie Bear days.

With a re-emphasis on defence and healing, only monks seem to be the most unaffected in terms of dishing and taking damage, since the mechanic earmarked for them is LPSS, which works well. I had a LPSS / LOH monk Quickening Bell monk, and they are literally doubling it. Of course, they might lose a bit from switching auras to MoH, but still good.

As for the DH, most of our run and gun skills have been massively buffed in the data mine, mostly doubled, while some like Spike Traps, Rain of Vengeance close to tripling or more. Our eDPS should be competitive. (eDPS drops of the other classes to fall in line with our generator-spender model)

I (spike trap build) for one, am looking at huge buffs to my primary, spender and sentry. Ball Lightning users, Cluster rockets, multishot, strafers are too. Without snapshot gloom, RF is likely to fall back a bit in terms of eDPS.

Of course, this is all data mined and still up in the air. But just for discussion sake.
Edited by Wilson#1580 on 11/10/2013 7:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 06:44 AMPosted by Blame

Lol, so.. all you care about is damage? Then.. I don't think DHs is really for you :) Even since DAY ONE of the game, we are already FAR from being the DPS beast that you might want or wish us to be, we just don't know it yet ;)
Reply Quote
My dh kills a fair bit quicker on mp10 than my pure ww barb. I feel like they are similarly geared in terms of cost. He doesn't live quite as well (nothing does), but snapshotting, you pretty much don't die.
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Rimripper
My dh kills a fair bit quicker on mp10 than my pure ww barb.

So does mine (now)... took a lot of careful upgrades and keeping JUST the 2.001 BP, but I can hammer packs in the fields now, similar to my nirvana monk actually... first time ever, feel just a bit tanky on MP10 :-)
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Rimripper
My dh kills a fair bit quicker on mp10 than my pure ww barb. I feel like they are similarly geared in terms of cost. He doesn't live quite as well (nothing does), but snapshotting, you pretty much don't die.

if i may suggest, try to use HOTA-smash on your barb and see if your DH still faster than barb =)
Reply Quote
View profile
<(^^<)
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 04:42 PMPosted by DethAxe
I can hammer packs in the fields now, similar to my nirvana monk actually

OK, maybe not up to par with HOTA/WW but it's at least on par with Nirvana monk, IMHO. I have TONS of experience in the fields with nirvana (like, 70 P levels worth) and the 'feel' / kills speed is pretty much equivalent, IMHO.

Quoting myself, LOL :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]