Diablo® III

Help with MP10 COTA

Hi everyone,

I've read the threads and seen some of the videos by TianZi and such, and am really psyched to farm legendaries on MP10 COTA with my new monk (i just hit level 60 today!)

So I transferred most of my DH stuff over, and am sitting on around 160k dps. My all resists are terrible though, as is my HP.

The thing is, I can't even do MP3 COTA with my current items and set up. I really want to do MP8 and up COTA as it just looks so fun.

Can anyone provide me some tips on what I should do with my gear and skills? Thanks much in advance.
Reply Quote
It would help if you exited the game with the correct gear on your Monk.

Your profile currently shows the gear you used while leveling.
Reply Quote
Doh, sorry about that, done.
Reply Quote
I did the same thing, switching from DH to monk. SO much more enjoyable at higher MP levels. What I notice from a quick view of your profile....

-You'll want life steal on your weapon. You need constant life flowing in.
-For cheap resistance you need to pick a single resist stat for using with One With Everything. Then hunt gear with that stat.
-I'd switch out your chest for something with high VIT and resist. The 3 piece set bonus for Inna's is junk (IMO), so go outside the box and get another chest piece that suits you better.

Feel free to check out my monk profile for gearing options. I'm fairly cheap when it comes to the AH, so I'm not sporting 2 billion pieces everywhere. All of my armor is in the 300 million or less (often much less!) per item and I can farm MP10 CotA just fine.
Edited by Thangdor#1164 on 4/8/2013 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mp10 farming trash mobs is good when your paragon level is really high. That way you will get drops because of your MF.

If it looks fun though, go for it. GL~
Reply Quote
HeyMomma,
Nice high damage
Good build switch one of your passive to owe as your resist is very lacking

Go for double resist on shoulder, chest and boots. Your 210 AR right now is way too low
You have physical resist on belt and cold on gloves so pick one resist and stick to it

Shoulder can be vile ward and chest can be rare or blackthorn.

You need to up your like to 40K and resist aim for 500 AR with OWE
And of course get a LS Skorn like Thangdor suggested
Switch Overawe to Backlash if you need more sustain

I do MP10 CoTA now too and Druin brought up a good point in one of his stream.
He said to skip the nasty affixes as it’s not worth it.
For me I skip the harder lasers + nasty affixes so pick your battles

Welcome to Monk and GL = )
Reply Quote
Look @ my Monk i spend around 200m and can do cota mp10 with elite below a 100 seconds(i die maybe 1in8 elites)

mp9 is more efficant for me right now(60 secs) because of my dps

Some general adcice:

-Use the skills in my profile. The combination of Breath of Heaven-Infused with light and
Way of a hundred fists-Fist of fury alows u to instantly regenarate all ur spirit. This is huge!!

- Get a soj with 2.x and an innas with 2.x spiritregen. U can switch ur passive to the +50% Armor to increase survivebility.

-Maximize ur Bell damage(weapon, avergae dps, cc, cd) before stacking ias. Ias will let u cast ur bells faster but u will also run out of spirit faster. Ias doesnt increase ur average damage over the whole fight that much.

-get a decent Hp Pool. As bell monk u dont have constant ll. U will have to compensate that.

-get rid of the ruby in ur skorn
Reply Quote
Hey man I used to be in the same boat as you... except I only had 60k DPS and I figured out how to farm MP10 on a very low budget monk. There is only one change you must make!!

Switch your TR to Exploding palm. Apply EP to one skelly, dps only him down watch every explode to a sliver of hp, apply more EP and boom!!! you just cleared the room son!

I did it EZ at 60k DPS and now im slowly climbing again :) I love CotA
Reply Quote
I TR around abit and drop one bell ... one shot all whites.
Elites take about 10ish bells.
Awesome for xp and leg/set farming.
3-4M exp in 1-2 min runs.
Reply Quote
Hey man I used to be in the same boat as you... except I only had 60k DPS and I figured out how to farm MP10 on a very low budget monk. There is only one change you must make!!

Switch your TR to Exploding palm. Apply EP to one skelly, dps only him down watch every explode to a sliver of hp, apply more EP and boom!!! you just cleared the room son!

I did it EZ at 60k DPS and now im slowly climbing again :) I love CotA

I always kill myself trying to do this. Takes practise i guess ;)
Reply Quote
Thank you everyone for the constructive feedback.

The first thing I did was to get a LS Skorn. That pretty much did most of the trick, I can now handle MP8-9 pretty comfortably, as long as I avoid the nasty affixes.

Guess I'll have to buff up my all resists, I really hate that it's so low as a monk. However, I only have a 30mil budget. If i go for more resists, my already pitiful HP drops, as does my damage as I can't find many affordable pieces with double res and good dex on them.

Still, I'm having a blast with the monk, it's just waaaaaaay more fun than playing a DH, especially at higher MP levels. Watching bola shots go off just makes me want to sleep.
Reply Quote
Guess I'll have to buff up my all resists, I really hate that it's so low as a monk. However, I only have a 30mil budget. If i go for more resists, my already pitiful HP drops, as does my damage as I can't find many affordable pieces with double res and good dex on them.

Still, I'm having a blast with the monk, it's just waaaaaaay more fun than playing a DH, especially at higher MP levels. Watching bola shots go off just makes me want to sleep.

I can't tell if you have an off-resist or not based on your gear, even though you have OWE. If you are planning to use OWE, you should try and get near max on the resist rolls. If you aren't using OWE, you should stack phys res on slots where you can't get/afford AR.

Also, even with MP10 as your goal, you probably shouldn't push *too* hard for it. Even with my 214k DPS and SoJ, farming MP9 is actually more efficient for me in terms of droprates even though I do MP10 with relatively little issues and hardly any deaths.
Reply Quote
Well I've changed some of my gear, and have semi-decent AR now (about 430) with OWE but my HP just seems so low at around 32k. I'm happy with my 150k DPS for now.

I'd like to up my AR and HP a little more, without sacrificing too much DPS. I don't have much cash left, just 20 million, so I'm planning on just two affordable swaps - looking at swapping out my non-crit Mempo for Inna's Radiance (I have one with low AR), and the chest for a Blackthorne's. Is this advisable? I think that my HP will actually drop drastically if I try this, unless I get a 200+ vit Blackthorne's. But my resists will probably sit in a nice place after that.

I just don't want to end up blowing another 10-20 million, only to have marginally better EHP and even a drop in DPS. If my equips are or more less fine for now to handle MP9, I'll probably not tweak them anymore and just farm some legends still I get lucky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]