Diablo® III

Calling top CM wizzies

I am a retired wiz but got into a heated argument with someone about how to build a CM wiz.

Basically the argument was on 'ideal' stats for a CM wiz.

Since I havent played wiz for awhile i mite be out of touch so shout out if I am wrong here. In the days when Shandlar etc were around, focus was on EHP because if you had good mitigation, then you could go all out with offensive skills like stormarmor (vs energy armor), shards etc etc.

Ideal stats I believe are:
- 2.74 or 3.01APS breakpoint (he reckons 2.51 is enough)
- 850AR
- 40-45k HP
- 5500 Armor
- 200k DPS
- 1500LOH

This guy has the following:
- 4200 Armor
- 800AR
- 320k DPS
- 2.6LS + 400LOH
- 2.51APS
That is after using glass cannon.

Has CM wiz builds changed over last few months??
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Bankai
- 5500 Armor

- 1500LOH

- 200k DPS

These have definitely changed. Now its more 3500/850-950 as AR rolls get packed over armor
Loh is also about 800-1000 . You can convert the LS to Loh by formula

Unbuffed Benchmarks for DPS moved up a notch too now 250-300k

2.5 vs 2.73 vs 3.01 depends on your routine. If you farm brimstone, you might want 2.73
Reply Quote
Has CM wiz builds changed over last few months??

Yes. Because of the RD nerfs there has been a push by some people for higher dps at the cost of some mitigation. Now, the old 5k armor and 800 AR aren't needed and a lot of people are running more like 700 resists with 4000-4500 armor or so. Also because of the RD changes LoH isn't as essential so most people run with only around 800-1000, some with less and some use LS instead of some or all of their LoH.

Also, the 2.5 breakpoint is becoming more popular since it's easier to raise dps while keeping decent mitigation. Some still prefer the 2.73 breakpoint though so that's more of a personal preference for people not running Ubers.
Reply Quote
i kick !@# with 600 AR, 4100 armor, 201 k dps, 2.72 aps, 64cc to ET and 40k hp. (MP 10)

ive soloed mp 10 ubers with only 33k hp. so not important.
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Tmayorga
ive soloed mp 10 ubers with only 33k hp. so not important.

It's a lot easier to solo Ubers than to do them in a group as a CM Wizard, so that doesn't mean much.

Odd to be 1% AS under the breakpoint, but who am I to question your ways.

Your definition of "!@#"-kicking must differ quite a bit from mine, because 201k unbuffed isn't efficient MP10 farming in my book (regardless of spec).
Reply Quote
And i have 2.76 aps, what are you talking about?

run with me sometime and see how i do... jerk.
Reply Quote
Well Niko... if thats your real name... maybe you should have gotten all the details first, when i soloed the ubers (which was very very very very very very easy, sorry if that hurts your feelings) i had an AS Chant Wand that had 1.79 aps, only 163k dps and 33k hp... and was easy as !@#$ on my pos laptop.

I had 3.1 aps and 3.28 with bubble.

ya jerk.

Well....that escalated quick
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Tmayorga
run with me sometime and see how i do... jerk.

He is on another server =p
Reply Quote
What a lame, is he any good?
Reply Quote
Sup Bankai. Long time no see. Sadly ever since shandlar left we have become dps queens.
Reply Quote
Well Niko... if thats your real name... maybe you should have gotten all the details first, when i soloed the ubers (which was very very very very very very easy, sorry if that hurts your feelings) i had an AS Chant Wand that had 1.79 aps, only 163k dps and 33k hp... and was easy as !@#$ on my pos laptop.

I had 3.1 aps and 3.28 with bubble.

ya jerk.

Well....that escalated quick

Quick? It came out of nowhere!! What the heck??
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 05:31 PMPosted by JellzRoc
Sup Bankai. Long time no see. Sadly ever since shandlar left we have become dps queens.

Hey Jelly, yes its been awhile :)

looks like I am the wrong one after all then, CM now moved to DPS focus...looks like i owe someone an apology!

edit: lol reading some of the other posts, makes me miss the wiz community
Edited by Bankai#2591 on 4/11/2013 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Tmayorga
600 AR, 4100 armor, 201 k dps, 2.72 aps, 64cc to ET and 40k hp. (MP 10)

04/11/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Tmayorga
And i have 2.76 aps, what are you talking about?

I'm not taking anything out of context and you're literally arguing with yourself.

You're saying you soloed the Ubers with an attack speed wand, that doesn't changed the fact that you soloed it. The whole point I was trying to make was that it's a lot easier to solo because you have the bosses exactly where you need them - That's a lot harder to do with 3 fleeing Demon Hunters for example.

Also, why should my feelings be hurt at all? It seems like you took my skepticism towards your Wizard really personal for some reason.
Oh, and for the record, Niko isn't my "real" name. My real name is Nikolai Pedersen, but my friends call me Nik or Niko. Anything else? I'll hook you up with my address if you need something else, feel free to visit me in cold and rainy Denmark.
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Bankai
CM now moved to DPS focus...

They need to nerf Reflect Dmg abit more thou. =)
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Tmayorga
What a lame, is he any good?

lol. Take a look and quit running your mouth.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Niko-2983/hero/1442336
Reply Quote
One thread has already been deleted by mods this afternoon. You guys trying to get this deleted? :-P
Reply Quote
What was the other one?
Reply Quote
Im so very confused how this thread took a 180. To answer your question though, niko is basically the best wizard out there.
Reply Quote
Chill out my patners. It's all peace in the wizzy land of wizards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]