Diablo® III

A returning player's frustration with the AH

Raise your paragon level and u will get better drop, or at least frequent chances of better drop.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Orbister
Raise your paragon level and u will get better drop, or at least frequent chances of better drop

Doesn't make a difference. There are more people running around with P100 and maxed out MF finding absolutely nothing than you could ever imagine.

Paragon 100 is a waste of time and nothing more.
Reply Quote
Raise your paragon level and u will get better drop, or at least frequent chances of better drop

Doesn't make a difference. There are more people running around with P100 and maxed out MF finding absolutely nothing than you could ever imagine.

Paragon 100 is a waste of time and nothing more.

i do not know about other people im only p50 and i find legendaries everyday, they might not be the best but i have decided to lvl some alts just to give them those items that are not good enough to be fast sellers, but not as bad as to vendor them, i only speak from experience, i don know all p100 players not have read any comments from them about this...

edit: lol i just checked your heroes (highes paragon is 12 and actually the only 60) man, pls... do not speak if u lack the empirical knowledge... anyway what could i expect from a person who names his heroes "PotOfart" and "WalkNfartz"...

dissapointing...
Edited by Orbister#2187 on 4/17/2013 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The gold cost for crafting low- to mid-level gear is definitely not worth it for people raising characters for the first time. I like the idea of changing crafting so that you can add a gem to the recipe and gaurantee one of the stats to be something you want. Making crafting either cost less or produce junk less frequently would go a long way towards making the "in-between" phase more enjoyable. Something like the end game recipes they've introduced where stuff can be made with a very high stat. Except it doesn't need to be insane for mid-level gear; it just needs to be not completely useless.
Reply Quote
I believe you have a mental block where you believe the game Blizzard gives you is to use the economy at face value.

For example, you may take gear, try to sell it and maybe if you get lucky, you get more than double vendor value, minus 15% of the whole value. And then then anything you know you can't sell or find out is worthless, you turn that into crafting mats and then try to craft stuff. Problem is with crafting stuff, not only is it very difficult to get primo gear that way as you have to try hundreds of times to get one nicely rolled item, you also have to pay a money-sink fee each hit.

When I started the game, I knew the AH was there and I didn't use it, not because I had some sort of artificial rule where I hated the AH. I didn't use it because I had no idea what was good, let alone great, and could easily get ripped off. However, I eventually found out this...there are a lot of players richer than 1 mil and they are crafting stuff. Sell your mats to them.

When I go farming at L60, I first look at the AH that night and find out what Inferno mats (Essence and Tears) go for right now and subtract 15%.
Then after I fill my pack over and over with gear -
1) I first vendor off anything blue or yellow Req Level below 60 (they will salvage into Nightmare mode mats, which are worth very little)
2) And I vendor off all blues and junk yellows (like 99% of them) that will sell for more than what the AH will pay for the salvaged mats -15%.
3) After the vendor, I visit my smith and salvage the rest...usually 75% of the haul. Then repeat.
4) I save my gems and Tomes of Secrets as they stack and don't take up room.

After a few rounds of this, usually 3 to 6 full inventories later, I have a nice pile of Essences and Tears. On a day when the AH is relatively high, I put those stacks on the AH. They will sell FAST. When I get that money, I often buy more Tomes, more gems and combine gems that sell for more than my vendor costs. You'll have millions in no time (like a week or two).

Also I use the AH to gear my follower with all +Magic Find items that also have complimentary skills before I go out.

I also made a lowbie character I play for fun...I've stopped her at L15 as she can access all three vendors in New Tristram. Normal level Essences and Horns sell for a LOT, way more than Hell or Nightmare mode mats. And lowbie gear, especially starter gear with no level requirement, sells for a lot on AH. Sometimes I find a vendor in New Tristram is selling some sword with +2% attack speed with +4 Str or something. I buy 50 of them off for like a 1.5K gold then sell them on AH for 5 to 6K gold. They sell FAST, like one per hour! You make like 3K gold per and at 50 of them (I just carry them on other L1 chars) that's like earning 150K in a couple days, passively. L0 to L5 Boots with high movement speed, high dex, str and int gear, high dps weaps with the appropriate class stats...these are all fast sellers. I put up 1 to 3 of each item I have and I sell out. Great way if you only have 200K gold to make a few mil in a few days while you're adventuring and making gold that way too.

Selling Normal and Inferno crafting mats, nicely rolled lowbie gear from town vendors and upgraded gems are easy ways to use gAH to make money. Anyone can do it. And after you have a few mil, you can have nice gems (especially if you combine your own) and much nicer gear than you have now. And then you can move on to the next MP and make even more money, at least to get to MP2 or 3. After that, these money making methods are no longer to scale except for selling better combined gems.
Reply Quote
I believe you have a mental block where you believe the game Blizzard gives you is to use the economy at face value.

For example, you may take gear, try to sell it and maybe if you get lucky, you get more than double vendor value, minus 15% of the whole value. And then then anything you know you can't sell or find out is worthless, you turn that into crafting mats and then try to craft stuff. Problem is with crafting stuff, not only is it very difficult to get primo gear that way as you have to try hundreds of times to get one nicely rolled item, you also have to pay a money-sink fee each hit.

When I started the game, I knew the AH was there and I didn't use it, not because I had some sort of artificial rule where I hated the AH. I didn't use it because I had no idea what was good, let alone great, and could easily get ripped off. However, I eventually found out this...there are a lot of players richer than 1 mil and they are crafting stuff. Sell your mats to them.

When I go farming at L60, I first look at the AH that night and find out what Inferno mats (Essence and Tears) go for right now and subtract 15%.
Then after I fill my pack over and over with gear -
1) I first vendor off anything blue or yellow Req Level below 60 (they will salvage into Nightmare mode mats, which are worth very little)
2) And I vendor off all blues and junk yellows (like 99% of them) that will sell for more than what the AH will pay for the salvaged mats -15%.
3) After the vendor, I visit my smith and salvage the rest...usually 75% of the haul. Then repeat.
4) I save my gems and Tomes of Secrets as they stack and don't take up room.

After a few rounds of this, usually 3 to 6 full inventories later, I have a nice pile of Essences and Tears. On a day when the AH is relatively high, I put those stacks on the AH. They will sell FAST. When I get that money, I often buy more Tomes, more gems and combine gems that sell for more than my vendor costs. You'll have millions in no time (like a week or two).

Also I use the AH to gear my follower with all +Magic Find items that also have complimentary skills before I go out.

I also made a lowbie character I play for fun...I've stopped her at L15 as she can access all three vendors in New Tristram. Normal level Essences and Horns sell for a LOT, way more than Hell or Nightmare mode mats. And lowbie gear, especially starter gear with no level requirement, sells for a lot on AH. Sometimes I find a vendor in New Tristram is selling some sword with +2% attack speed with +4 Str or something. I buy 50 of them off for like a 1.5K gold then sell them on AH for 5 to 6K gold. They sell FAST, like one per hour! You make like 3K gold per and at 50 of them (I just carry them on other L1 chars) that's like earning 150K in a couple days, passively. L0 to L5 Boots with high movement speed, high dex, str and int gear, high dps weaps with the appropriate class stats...these are all fast sellers. I put up 1 to 3 of each item I have and I sell out. Great way if you only have 200K gold to make a few mil in a few days while you're adventuring and making gold that way too.

Selling Normal and Inferno crafting mats, nicely rolled lowbie gear from town vendors and upgraded gems are easy ways to use gAH to make money. Anyone can do it. And after you have a few mil, you can have nice gems (especially if you combine your own) and much nicer gear than you have now. And then you can move on to the next MP and make even more money, at least to get to MP2 or 3. After that, these money making methods are no longer to scale except for selling better combined gems.

Man... you are awesome... (no sarcasm) now all lazy people do not have an excuse to whine about.
Reply Quote
What u dont realize is u can get a lot more for ur buck now than u could a couple months ago. Prices have fallen so low u could get 50k dps from only 1-2 mil gold while months ago u would only get around 15-20k dps with thart kind of money. Are you farming properly? There are certain routes that are a lot better than say doing an entire act. I think u should loook into this.
Reply Quote
The better gear is found in the higher MP's. Change your build to do damage more quickly and move up in MP. Don't worry about dying. The return on grinding will be worth it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]