Diablo® III

D2

Okay, so blah blah blah, but "stay a while and listen" anyhow..

Pretty annoyed with D3 atm, Signed in the last few nights and couldn't bring myself to join some random public game...I would have joined a friends game, but...well we all know the answer to that.

So I remember reading alot of posts comparing D2 and D3 and blah blah, but alot of folks are like, just play D2 if you liked it so much!. So I'm like, why the heck not, I downloaded it from BNET and installed D2 + LOD. (I uninstalled the game when D3 came out). I thought maybe I'll show my 6 year old the old D2, she's got WD and DH at 60 and enjoys D3, but only in 30 minute increments.

Initial thoughts, That first cut scene comes up with "Blizzard" then "Blizzard North" I immediately got excited and told my partner playing on the other computer..."LOOK, LOOK..." Anyhow then bnet comes up, I make an account name, character name, and create a game with 8 players, level 1-5.

OMG its Diablo again. Oh, ya 640 screen resolution, so I quickly change to 800x600, high detail. Not bad, looks like crap...especially on a 28" 1920x1200 monitor; who cares D2 wasn't known for graphics. Start a quest, (picked an Amazon), talked to Ashera and off to the Den.

Cleared the Den. Said OMG. Logged out.

In the 20 minutes I played I noticed, my character while running felt like it was moving faster, and this was with +0 faster run/walk. Just playing in the Den, I found 1 small charm, a yellow dagger, and a few blue items which were obviously upgrades to what I had. I leveled 3 times and picked some beginning skills. The angle of character view was more to my liking. Good times.

The bad: Play was slow (it always starts that way with Diablo); no one joined my game besides about 5 bots who spammed my screen to the point I couldn't see what I was doing. The graphics hurt my eyes they were so "old" I forgot what toggle turns auto view on so I had to hold down ALT to see what dropped. No auto gold pickup...yep, its annoying, lol. Sometimes I would swing 3 or 4 times before I would "hit" an enemy, nearly forgot that. I stopped playing because I know I would get addicted again and I need to just move on.

TL:DR

D2 was awesome in its day but not interesting anymore. D3 is still hard to play.
Reply Quote
The bad: Play was slow (it always starts that way with Diablo); no one joined my game besides about 5 bots who spammed my screen to the point I couldn't see what I was doing. The graphics hurt my eyes they were so "old" I forgot what toggle turns auto view on so I had to hold down ALT to see what dropped. No auto gold pickup...yep, its annoying, lol. Sometimes I would swing 3 or 4 times before I would "hit" an enemy, nearly forgot that. I stopped playing because I know I would get addicted again and I need to just move on.

As for player base - Play hard core. Im having no problem finding new games and teams to start running with.

Graphics hurt your eyes? Lol

As for ALT key - bind it to your mouse (I do it too).

No Auto gold pickup - agree, its hard after D3

04/17/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Dinkster9
D2 was awesome in its day but not interesting anymore.

There is more to do in D2 now than there is in D3 hands down. So imo D2 is plenty still interesting compared to D3. Only place where it isn't is maybe art or visuals, but not even music.
Edited by scorch#1821 on 4/17/2013 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They all say that same "it hurts my eyes"...
Reply Quote
I would go back and play if Blizzard recovered my characters, instead of deleting them just because why not.
Reply Quote
I like the part where you started a new character and then said

04/17/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Dinkster9
I found 1 small charm, a yellow dagger, and a few blue items which were obviously upgrades to what I had.

You sure those items were better than that 1-2 damage bow you start with?
Reply Quote
I like the part where you started a new character and then said

I found 1 small charm, a yellow dagger, and a few blue items which were obviously upgrades to what I had.

You sure those items were better than that 1-2 damage bow you start with?

The items do progress better. They are more meaningful earlier and longer.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 11:45 PMPosted by scorch

That's what she said.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Glock

That's what she said.

I love carpet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]