Diablo® III

Whats the going price of HoTA SoJ's?

View profile
Tittle says all. I jumped on mine for 730M(5%Cold/30/3) and I'm worried that I overpaid for it. It's hard to gauge their prices w/ so few good ones on the market.
Reply Quote
I got mine for 200 mil. In case it isn't showing on my profile at the moment, it's 5% non-cold, 28% elite and 5 hota reduction. I value the 5 hota reduction because it opens up berserker rage as a passive, 6% cold is the ideal elemental bonus but it's very expensive. The cold is great when you're running a hybrid hota/WW build, but I don't feel that it is worth the additional cost for a pure hota build.
Reply Quote
View profile
The 750 was in ah for sometime I think. I think it's worth it. I would have bought it if it was 4 Lol.

Cold ww plus hota left click rox
Reply Quote
View profile
04/02/2013 05:11 PMPosted by zylog
non-cold,
:o! But Cold is just so great!
Reply Quote
I was lucky, I found mine. I found the first one 4% Cold damage and quickly sold it because they were going for 80million and I thought it was worthless. But after reading how good they were, I felt sick to my stomach. Later that night I found another SoJ with 5% cold 30% with barbarian attributes. Talking about lucky!
Edited by Argos#1307 on 4/2/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Nice find Argos!
Reply Quote
pricewise i prefer %bash cold

bash punish 3x8% =24% + 10% soj
bash replenish fury, up wotb for single mobs and up the dps at the same time
Reply Quote

-HoTA is different. It's like a mandatory ingredient for perma HoTA on a single target.

Cold Damage is nice, but for HoTA it doesn't really matter.
Reply Quote
I've found my -5 hota works great for ubers. For regular runs, it seems to affect my ability to maintain wotb. Is it because the -5 is taken off the fury generated? Does anyone know the answer?
Reply Quote

-HoTA is different. It's like a mandatory ingredient for perma HoTA on a single target.

Cold Damage is nice, but for HoTA it doesn't really matter.

im a hybrid tornado hota build. i find tornado hota is better for aoe and elite speed farm rather than pure hota + rend bloodlust build.
a tornado cold snare + bash punish +24% + hota blows makes the mobs melt ;)imho
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 4/2/2013 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
@elk I already have 14% Bash Bonus on belt =3.

@xxxkan Cold on SoJ might as well be mandatory when facing ranged mobs that like to run around.

@Celanian That's because you're not dumping enough fury per second w/ 5 HoTA bonus on SoJ. 3 HoTA bonus is good enough as getting DMG'd should return enough mana to get you back at max fury.
Reply Quote
@elk I already have 14% Bash Bonus on belt =3.

freaking Soj you have. a recommended -3 hota 30% and cold, good find mate how much you pay for it?

edit: my bad you indicate it above. 730m T_T but its worth it i guest.
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 4/2/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 08:46 PMPosted by LegitBeastin
@xxxkan Cold on SoJ might as well be mandatory when facing ranged mobs that like to run around.

Phat mentioned that you might as well not chase them and just hit the next closest target instead. They will eventually come back.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah I had to camp AH for around a month before an affordable Cold/HoTA/Max Fury SoJ came on market so I just instantly pulled the trigger. Not sure if I overpaid/got a bargain/paid market price though due to how few nice HoTA SoJs there are on GAH.
Reply Quote
Anyone know the general going price of a basic 20% soj with -5 HotA?
Edited by Neutrino#1531 on 4/3/2013 3:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]