Diablo® III

Another annoying DPS questions

Hey guys,

I thought I understood how to calculate DPS, but I've just seem my DPS jump from 400 to 1800 just by adding a +80 min/max Ruby to my weapon... What did I miss?

Please check out my Lvl 38 Wizard, Dumbledore (don't laugh) and let me know why my weapon with no ruby is approx. 40 weapon dmg and my DPS is around 400 or so... but adding a +80 ruby takes it to a 161 DPS weapon (this calculation I understand), and my DPS jumps to 1800 DPS!! What the?

Obviously I'm not complaining... but what the? :)

Any assistance for a n00b would be greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
Hi DJ,

Your paper dps is calculated off your default attack, there are a number of modifiers that multiply your weapon dmg primary stat (Int) attack spd etc.
D3 up has really good calculators showing what gear, skills and buffs are contributing. Also very useful for working out breakpoints http://d3up.com/
Reply Quote
Ah ok cool. Thanks. Yeah, I can see the formula there and it spells it out well.

Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]