Diablo® III

New Player: save/save/craft with essences

Hello,
I just started, and I saw (after selling to the NPC hundreds of blues for 10-30g) that I can make good money(~900 gold/one) with the essences obtained from items. I am currently on Normal, and I was wondering:
- should I save them to craft something that would make me more money later, when I will have enough gold to level BS?
- should I sell them and carry on to Nightmare -> Hell -> etc?

Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
This was the way I got my first 100k. Took a very long time and not very effective if you can farm hell or higher. Extremely good for new players who dont have any friends though but still want to have money early on.

It only works with subtle essences so nightmare/hell/inferno its not worth it at all.
Reply Quote
what do people craft with subtle essence?
Reply Quote
must be some well guarded secret then! :)
Reply Quote
what do they craft?....

about... nothing. thats the secret.
Reply Quote
Don't craft anything until you get to inferno
Don't upgrade the smith/artisan until inferno

I made my mistake by crafting random stuff all the way until I got to lv60. And If I haven't crafted anything I will be much richer. 10m? Can't remember.

If you want to play with AH free. This is the best way to go. Or save up money for cheap AH upgrade when you get to inferno

when you get to inferno, on average any player can get 2-3m per hour of playing.

First craft the new BOA items, and get a nice dps boost and enjoy low mp before you progress into higher difficulties.

To answer question about what did they crafted
OP has a set on him. Cain's Set is what they are crafting.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 4/10/2013 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I raised my blacksmith and jeweler to 10 quickly after release, we had no good patterns, and it wasted an insane amount of gold doing that...

Don't bother crafting until inferno and you can farm the BoP patterns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]