Diablo® III

Will You Buy "Titan" when its released?

Based on the launch of D3, length of time it takes to upgrade and fix some game breaking issues and the indecisiveness of Bizzard on the issues surrounding D3, would you buy there new Titan MMO on release.

I dont hate D3 but I think they left a lot of great opportunities out of the launch and out of the patches to this point. I have no doubt that D3 could and will most likely be a great game, i just feel that by the time it happens 99% of the community will have moved on.

I played D2 off and on since release up until 6 months before D3 was released. I probably logged over 10k hours into that game over the years. The crafting, ubers, PvP, great itemization and many spots to farm kept me going and interested for all that time.

Think about that last paragraph, especially focusing on that last sentence. All 5 of those things were left out of launch and are basically still missing almost a year later. I see some bandages but nothing that corrects the wrongs.

I just feel that after the D3 experiences we have all had that it might be the downfall of Blizzard. Not immediately but I feel that a lot of their player base has no confidence in them anymore and no longer considers them one of the gaming industry leaders. This may not fare well for them with companies like Bethesda releasing Elder Scrolls Online which will directly compete with WoW, and companies like GGG releasing PoE and other companies releasing Grim Dawn making a move on them. There is a door wide open here and other ARPG, and MMO makers wont back down. I fear by the time Blizzard gets their ideas finalized another company might move right on in.

With the mistakes, lack of fixes and other games moving in, Will you buy the next big Blizzard release Titan?

Note: I did not include hearthstone purely for the fact that is is initially a F2P game and will have microtransactions. It will be free to check it out and possibly be free for u forever if you choose not to buy.
Edited by xG00S3Rx#1378 on 4/9/2013 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Really depend on what kind of game is that. If it's RPG/MMORPG most likely I'm going to buy it. If it's RTS or FPS, highly doubt it.
Reply Quote
People are stupid, have short memories, and just want the next great thing. Titan can be the worst most expensive abortion the world has ever seen, and people will buy it up. To the point that it breaks sales records.
Reply Quote
It is said that the new "Titan" game will be an mmorpg however i don't think blizz is gonna release it for another 2000398192748461293 years because lets face it, Blizzard and time management ... LOL. on top of all that they have not released any info on the actual game and like Starcraft: Ghost may be scrapped all together. However if and when they do release it depending on how epic it is we will have to once again wait and see.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Squeal
Really depend on what kind of game is that. If it's RPG/MMORPG most likely I'm going to buy it. If it's RTS or FPS, highly doubt it.

The RTS genre is not compatible with an MMO status. I certainly hope it isn't an MMOFPS like it was rumored. I'm sick of shooters, this generation of consoles was shooterpalooza. It is only now near the end of 7th generation we are even seeing more variety in games. I pretty much only find variety on PC. Aside from things like Assassin's Creed, the non-shooter games don't get enough coverage so it feels even worse especially in the U.S.

Anyway, it is to early to make a call on Titan. It should be revealed at this year's Blizzcon along with D3's first expansion. If there was a year to go to Blizzcon, this would be it.

@Kronin: Titan has been in development since 2007, it is due for a reveal. It has been 6 years and I do believe WoW was in development for 5 years, so Titan is on schedule for a new Blizzard IP. They take about 6 for a new IP and 2-3 for expansions. In the case of D3, I believe it should have more content compared to LoD since it doesn't require as many resources and caution as Blizzard's other IPs. StarCraft, for instance, has to be developed carefully so as not to upset the pro-scene, and WoW needs the time to produce a massive amount of content. I'd say there will be at least 2 new Acts in D3's expansion.
Edited by Necrosis#1475 on 4/9/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Necrosis

The RTS genre is not compatible with an MMO status. I certainly hope it isn't an MMOFPS like it was rumored. I'm sick of shooters, this generation of consoles was shooterpalooza. It is only now near the end of 7th generation we are even seeing more variety in games. I pretty much only find variety on PC. Aside from things like Assassin's Creed, the non-shooter games don't get enough coverage so it feels even worse especially in the U.S.

Anyway, it is to early to make a call on Titan. It should be revealed at this year's Blizzcon along with D3's first expansion. If there was a year to go to Blizzcon, this would be it.

@Kronin: Titan has been in development since 2007, it is due for a reveal. It has been 6 years and I do believe WoW was in development for 5 years, so Titan is on schedule for a new Blizzard IP. They take about 6 for a new IP and 2-3 for expansions. In the case of D3, I believe it should have more content compared to LoD since it doesn't require as many resources and caution as Blizzard's other IPs. StarCraft, for instance, has to be developed carefully so as not to upset the pro-scene, and WoW needs the time to produce a massive amount of content. I'd say there will be at least 2 new Acts in D3's expansion.

I am honestly doubting whether we will see any info on an expac this year. IMO they definately need to have it ready to go by late 2013 or eaarly 2014 but I am thinking it is closer to a late 2014 or 2015 release
Reply Quote
i was talking about starcraft ghost but sure ...
Reply Quote
if its diablo mmo then sure :)
only reason d3 is not mmo is - it would dilute their wow player base.
which would mean less wow subs = less profit, etc

titan is wow2.
period.
it will replace wow1.
simple as that.
they will not mess with wow cashcow
Reply Quote
Maybe?

Bad companies release good games. Good companies release bad games.

I don't base my game purchases off of stuff from the past that may or may not be relevant. I'd rather base my purchasing decision off of what I know about the game in question. Which, at this point, is right around nothing.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 4/9/2013 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Since I have no idea what Titan is, I don't know. If it looks like something I'd enjoy a lot, I'll buy it
Reply Quote
I just bought HotS thinking I'd not buy from Blizzard for awhile. I was wrong. You guys got to see the Arcade in SC2. It has got so many fan-made games its an unbelievable value. Its only fault is Blizzard doesn't hype it enough so not as many active players in the arcade as there could be.

A person really can't complain about SC2. If you don't like something, pvp or pve, they give you an editor that lets you make your own game mode with the features you love. And chances are if you love some features but despise others, there's likely hundreds of other players who will join you in a well made custom game.

If Titan is like that, open-minded, I'll go for it. But if its "jump-on-our-hamster-wheel-and-love-it," then I'll pass
Reply Quote
Doubt it.

I really haven't been impressed with Blizzard's recent slate of games. Unless I am seriously impressed by what I see and hear about the game going forward, I'm pretty sure that I won't think twice about it. Also, I will absolutely not buy it if the game comes with a subscription fee.

I would be genuinely surprised if I ended up buying "Titan".
Reply Quote
titan = mmorpg

not playing it
Reply Quote
titan = vaporware.
Reply Quote
i will wait for reviews to come out and try not to overhype this time :)
Reply Quote
View profile
It all depends. All I know about it so far is that its supposed to be an mmo.....I think that is correct.
Reply Quote
We know basically nothing on project Titan, this thread is useless beyond words really.
Reply Quote
SC2 HotS was a great release.
D3 not so much.
I'll wait to read reviews of Titan before I buy it now. Before the D3 debacle I would have bought any Blizzard game sight unseen.
Reply Quote
No I won't I bet it will we P2P and or sub based and those are 2 of the reasons I no longer play wow. Hell I even tried to get a trial account for wow and I guess because I had bought it and played they don't want me to play the trial version. For now I will just stick with D3 and there is almost no way that I am gonna buy the expansion or prepay for it. I would only buy it if I have the money and get it on sale and even then it would be difficult because they can promise whatever they want and then just do whatever they decide. I think they should just make the D3 RMAH and AH better draw back some of the players and release the exp F2P to make up for all the content and different types of game play they promised and didn't deliver when they have had an entire year and could have just been honest and told the players what was going on to begin with. Bring more fun back to the game and people will come back to the game. Add micro transactions to the game and let the RMAH pay for the exp and all the new patch releases or have some of the Wow money help play the way. If Blizzard played their cards right people would go to one or more of their other games when they are waiting for new Wow content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]