Diablo® III

'There was an error creating your own party'

It started after I had invited a friend into the party, who was afflicted by the 'Retrieving hero list bug...' whilst he was shown as online and on a quest named !!Missing!! - Acts A4 Title - !!Missing!! - Quest_Heaven_RestorationOfHope;Name. When he got in for real and accepted party invite I got There was an error accepting party invite (Error 10017) followed by I get the message There was an error creating your own party (Error 10017) and got booted.

Now I get the message There was an error creating your own party (Error 10017) as soon as I log into the game, everytime. Then it immediately boots me out.

Posting just in case it doesn't fix itself later, along with the rest of the server problems.
Reply Quote
I also am having this issue at the moment with a friend, we can't party up.
Reply Quote
I am getting this same issue right now as well.
Reply Quote
Yea im having the same issue
Reply Quote
Same issue here as well...
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
i dont know if this will help any, but try it anyway.

delete the following
C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Updates
C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache
C:\programdata\Battle.net
C:\programdata\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

after this start up the game.
first it should start updating the agent. basically replacing the files you just deleted.
then it may start patching.
after it is done login and try the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]