Diablo® III

For real- how much will breaking 500K cost me

04/12/2013 09:56 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
Nothing beats SoJ for ring though. Any ring Id get will be swapped for a 6/30% SoJ for elites anyhow so I'll try for gloves or weapon.

I love the idea of a SOJ, I really do, but I hate gear-swapping. It's a very clumsy "mechanic" or clunky, unless you make an autohotkey for it, which makes it a nice transition with one key, but man, do you think I should keep my SOJ (30% against elites) or sell it off today?
Reply Quote
Keep it. It's worth the keystroke + right click trust me.
Reply Quote
Problem is the amount of DPS you'll need with just Blood Magic to get the same LS return as a 3.0% LS weapon

Blood Magic is enough until you get a reflects damage pack. Seriously, it's the only time you burn your globe down.

I take from your comment that you will not be abandoning a lifesteal weapon!
Reply Quote
it's semi expensive. especially if you want to go the lifesteal route.
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 10:38 AMPosted by jenpeezey
Problem is the amount of DPS you'll need with just Blood Magic to get the same LS return as a 3.0% LS weapon

Blood Magic is enough until you get a reflects damage pack. Seriously, it's the only time you burn your globe down.

and even then with the on off mechanic, and minions not reflecting as much still a waste of dps, just need to be a little bit more careful and not target everything at once or have some trash available to heal on. Also having a good health/mit buffer helps.

it really gets more necessay in the highest mps though, still doable but u have to be much more careful there, but but since damn archon is falling off im really not interested running those as cm is way better.
Reply Quote
CM can prevent RD from doing anything.
Reply Quote
Looked at some 160+ INT 45+ avg dam 30 CD unities. I lose 9% IAS and Atk speed as well as 2600 HP for 6-8K more DPS + the elite bonus (which can't compare to a perfect SoJ which I have) I'm above 2,0 breakpoint now though. So I'll have to get 3 things- trifecta gloves, a Unity, and a new main hand weapon. Anyone selling any of these things or have any recommendations?

Should I just get the best non-LS EF possible and pray I don't die?
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 4/12/2013 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I gonna chip in a bit here since there's always talks about archon using a LS or non-LS weapon.

IMHO LS weapon is more than just giving you the extra life return. It actually opens up tons of different archon builds by freeing the lock BM slot. Take my setup for example, I can easily hit 650k buffed using that duped ef with >80cd os (that will never happen though as I'm a anti dupe player) but i will be losing 1.4%ls and a locked spot for BM.

I'm able to cover half the dps that a non ls weapon gave me by using force weapon or choose to go tanky with ls + bm which actually makes one feel like a skorn user. Other than staying on magic weapon, you can use wormhole archon combo for mobility, defensive hybrid archon for ultra tanky, LL+WW fast refresh archon combo.. etc. There're just too many options for me to list here.

As mentioned in many other threads, archons are not only about pure dps but instead building a balance one so that you can enjoy build diversity. Trust me, I'm an archon since day 1 and at some point of time you will be so sick of holding down the right click button ;D

Saying so, I'm not brushing off any non LS users as we are all part of the archon family. We shall rise together with fellow cm wiz in the next patch :D
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 11:48 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
Should I just get the best non-LS EF possible and pray I don't die?

LOLs!

But dying, not dying to RD is in your control, I swear it.

If you don't mind microing, then go for it. If you can't stand microing around and finding trash around at the same time, then find the biggest dps lifesteal weapon you can afford.

Yeah, it sounds so binary, but that's what happened when wizards got no other item lifesteal choice unlike barbarians with it on belts, a passive, dual-wielding. Sources should have been allowed to roll lifesteal. /bitter

But the mechanic is stupid -- the designers were like, "We need something to make high dps hurt even if you have 92-93% mitigation in archon."
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 11:11 AMPosted by ximae

and even then with the on off mechanic, and minions not reflecting as much still a waste of dps, just need to be a little bit more careful and not target everything at once or have some trash available to heal on. Also having a good health/mit buffer helps.

it really gets more necessay in the highest mps though, still doable but u have to be much more careful there, but but since damn archon is falling off im really not interested running those as cm is way better.

archon doesnt fall off solo ^_-
Reply Quote
Other than staying on magic weapon, you can use wormhole archon combo for mobility, defensive hybrid archon for ultra tanky, LL+WW fast refresh archon combo.. etc.

I don't think there will be a time when I don't put Magic Weapon in a slot.
Reply Quote
magic weapon blood magic is the best friend of any archon.

if you want to go full tank archon LS weapon + zuni 3 piece + blood magic is effing ridiculous. if i run that combo i lose about 80k dmg but i literally don't have to move from anything except frozen.

but whats the fun in that? i like the micro BM only offers.. more fun to me a plus i get to use 550k dmg without scoundrel and 576k with him. ^_-
Reply Quote
Reading this thread, I think it's necessary to put LS on Source, but once again Blizz logic trumps all.
Reply Quote
dude novice.. even 1% LS on source would be AMAZING. start that thread in general and i got your back. WD mojo too. makes sense since only barbs get LS belts.. we should get LS source/mojo
Reply Quote
oh ALSO... if you do go no LS.. unless your Fing jaetch.. EF is the way to go because that fear proc is quite nice. the less mobs are attackin you the better imo.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568380043#1

jump on that thread mofuggas
sources / mojos / spirit stones / quivers

lifesteal, up, up and away!
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 12:28 PMPosted by lameboi
if you want to go full tank archon LS weapon + zuni 3 piece + blood magic is effing ridiculous.

DocDoom already has a lifesteal weapon, plus he has a Zuni chest; he's just not wearing it on logout.

We should take bets on whether he will ditch lifesteal or not. I bet he won't!
Reply Quote
You

04/12/2013 01:31 PMPosted by jenpeezey
if you want to go full tank archon LS weapon + zuni 3 piece + blood magic is effing ridiculous.

DocDoom already has a lifesteal weapon, plus he has a Zuni chest; he's just not wearing it on logout.

We should take bets on whether he will ditch lifesteal or not. I bet he won't!

I don't think it's possible to ditch Lifesteal.
Reply Quote
A sickle is probably the cheapst way to get Int/CD/LS/OS
Reply Quote
I fall into the weapon with Life steal is a must camp weather I go 500K tank or 600K beast LS never leaves my side.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]