Diablo® III

Health Link

When you kill 2 out of the 3 who have heath link why is it that the last guy still takes less damage as if the other 2 are alive is this a bug or was this the way they made it? If the other 2 are dead how is it that he is still taking less damage like if they were alive. Ex. I hit mobs for about 400k crits mobs with heath link i crit for 100k i understand that the health link is up when all mobs are alive but than when i kill the other 2 and 1 is left why do i only crit them for 100k? If they have no other mob to share health with why are they taking less damage?
Reply Quote
i wondered this as well.. they should take same dmg as any other mob when 1/2 of them are dead
Reply Quote
Sounds like a bug.
Reply Quote
Its Sunday so no blue today but i hope tomorrow they can reply on this.
Reply Quote
Try the bug report forum. You have higher odds of someone noticing than the cesspool that is General Discussion.
Reply Quote
Try the bug report forum. You have higher odds of someone noticing than the cesspool that is General Discussion.

lol thanks will do.
Reply Quote
Get mad but i am going to bump cuz they cant look past page 1 for post than whats the point of being a CM is hard to not get mad when they answer stupid posts but ignore ones like this that could be a bug.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 04:52 PMPosted by doomshalo21
Get mad but i am going to bump cuz they cant look past page 1 for post than whats the point of being a CM is hard to not get mad when they answer stupid posts but ignore ones like this that could be a bug.

Post in the bugs forum. Just because they don't respond doesn't mean they don't see it.
Reply Quote
Yep already did thanks tho lol. Part of the reason im kind of mad is i did but it seems like that did nothing lol.
Reply Quote
As far as I can tell is that the health link affix is more of a health transfer, like a fire chains affix. The monsters will actually transfer health to each other in order for their HP's to remain the same.
They will do this a second after taking damage.
As a result they won't transfer health if they are too far from each other, or are dead.
Say Monster A and B both have 100 HP and you do 100 damage to Monster A, killing it, now since monster A is dead, there is nothing for Monster B to transfer health to, hence 1 is alive and one is dead.
Reply Quote
^^^^

Basically what Mifkin said.

If one of the elites gets far enough away from the pack that you are currently damaging, that one doesn't lose health.

The range seems quite small too.
Reply Quote
I dont think you guys are understanding what im saying. I am asking why when 1 mob is left they take damage as if all were alive. If they have no other mob to share HP with than why do i still deal damage as if the other mobs are alive?
Edited by doomshalo21#1481 on 4/16/2013 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any blue that would like to post on this?
Reply Quote
04/14/2013 07:29 PMPosted by doomshalo21

...actually its Wednesday :D
Reply Quote
You can see the lines between the monsters. Health is normalized between them ever second or so. So if you're damaging one monster and it dies before the health transfers, then the others won't normalize their health with the dead monster.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Glock

...actually its Wednesday :D

his post was posted on sunday though... but you're right, today is wednesday... all day... until tomorrow....
Reply Quote
Bump sauce
Reply Quote
When uesing frenzy on a monster without health link i hit them for about 200/300k each hit,
when uesing frenzy on a blue mob that has 3 monsters with health link i hit them for 9/10k when they are 3/3… Ls% dont work to well doing that sort of damage :/
Reply Quote
When uesing frenzy on a monster without health link i hit them for about 200/300k each hit,
when uesing frenzy on a blue mob that has 3 monsters with health link i hit them for 9/10k when they are 3/3… Ls% dont work to well doing that sort of damage :/

Thank you for understanding my point. The mobs should not take less damage because they are linked in health.
Reply Quote
Health link works by the following mechanic.

You hit a monster for say 100k damage. there are 4 elites in this pack just for ease of math.

The game does a check on the range that the elite pack that you hit, and if for example, 3 packs are within the health link range (50 yards i think) it will divide the damage by 3, so each target will take 33.3k damage, and the other elite mob member who is wandering around by his lonesome will take zero damage.

If all 4 monsters are in range, they will take 25k damage each.

Hope that helps :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]