Diablo® III

Will ALL legendaries be affected in "itemization update

So we won't see this update in 1.8 but regarding the matter how many if all legendaries will be changed. Some people have godly echoing furies, manticores, etc. These items can roll "gg" stats as is. However items such as Azure Wrath is still lack luster in every stat. So will this itemization affect EVERY legendary? Will we see new manticores with 2000 dps? (unsocketed)
Also will there be any new legendaries added e.g Shako
Reply Quote
ilvl 63 items will not be changed probably.
but we still don't know anything. we don't know when the itemization fix will come and we don't know what will be in there.
all we know is that it might take a while....or two.
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote
I'm all for an itemization update, I just hate it when you build up your character with a nice item then it gets changed in an itemization update and becomes obsolete. I hope they don't mess with a majority of the all ready overpowered legendaries.
Reply Quote
I hope they revise legendaries so that they don't roll poor low stats. If you find a level 63 set item, it should be as good as an IK armor already is. You shouldn't have to find 30 set items with the same name just to get one that is usable, like most of the nat's pieces for example.

I'm all for upgrading the lower-level legendaries, but I think making it so there's no so many crappy level 62 and 63 legendaries is really worth a look. The worst rolls should be 75% as good as the best roll, just like they were in Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Why would anyone want more 2 socket trash? It is just makes it so EVERY SINGLE OTHER ITEM IN THE GAME IS WORTHLESS.

Oh wait, bad players. They want that.

Yea manticore is pretty OP that's why some legendaries shouldn't be changed!
rare 2hand bows/xbows obsolete because of their last item change patch. That's why it should concern us what they will do in this one. ;)
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Scala
I hope they revise legendaries so that they don't roll poor low stats. If you find a level 63 set item, it should be as good as an IK armor already is. You shouldn't have to find 30 set items with the same name just to get one that is usable, like most of the nat's pieces for example.

I think this is their goal for the item update. They already mention the ilvl 63 leoric's ring. Hopefully they do that with more low lvl oranges and make more legendaries viable when identifying. So disheartening to find a Witching hour with DEX/STR/INT and lower level requirement. :'(
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 01:55 AMPosted by Duff66

I think this is their goal for the item update. They already mention the ilvl 63 leoric's ring. Hopefully they do that with more low lvl oranges and make more legendaries viable when identifying. So disheartening to find a Witching hour with DEX/STR/INT and lower level requirement. :'(

They didn't talk about level 63's though, just low level ones. I am worried.
Reply Quote
No they are still "discussing" it in the office.

From what has been said it can be gleamed that
1. All legendaries currently in the game may not be dropped in later levels, but a portion will be readjusted to drop based on monster levels.
2. Some current legendaries may get reworked in terms of actual affixes
3. Some new legendaries will be introduced to the game.
Reply Quote
I just hope they don't half-!@# it like most of their other changes. The crafting changes are about 2% better in some respects to what they could have been, and they took steps back by making them BoA. Any person who understands economics would have predicted the damage these things would have on the economy.

The legendaries patch was pretty well half-assed, only offering a fraction of what people really wanted out of legendary drops.

Paragon levels are a poor substitute for skill trees and long-term skill progression. They didn't really solve the fundamental problem with the dps/ehp/mf gear dynamic that surprisingly was never a big problem in Diablo 2 thanks to Tal Rasha's set or enigma and other items.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just fixed thorns, lessened the numeric ranges on rares, scaled low-level legendaries up to item level 63 and called it a day. If they do that, I would be extremely disappointed, and would give up on the diablo 3 for good (I've been very, very patient thus far).

Regardless of what happens in 1.0.9, I doubt it will go far enough to where I would like it to be, just like every other patch thus far.
Reply Quote
the answer to this was already addressed by a blue. ALL current gear will not be affected by the itemization patch. current gear like legs will be deemed "legacy" items and anything that is new that drops will be changed with the itemization patch. its sort of like what they did way back when as they changed 2 hander stats. back when 2 handers only got 1 hander stats, none of them got buffed if they already existed. you were stuck with the crappy version you had and new ones were twice as good as what you already had.
Reply Quote
bump 4 blue
Reply Quote
OP... the itemization fixes don't imply that they are just going to make all items have more DPS... that's actually the exact opposite of what the plans are.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Glock
OP... the itemization fixes don't imply that they are just going to make all items have more DPS... that's actually the exact opposite of what the plans are.

I was just using that as an example, my main concern is will they make the current legendaries obsolete such as echoing fury by giving the new one something amazing other than just dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]