Diablo® III

Will ALL legendaries be affected in "itemization update

Verry nice, the forum thread is for RMAH users who spend money on gear (ready money boys and noobs),i like this thread!!
Reply Quote
All I wanna say is anyone with high end gear should be concerned because that gear that took you forever to grind and eventually made you feel like a bad !@# might become another item that no one will ever search in the AH again (Legacy, Legacy) :(
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Garthandal
my main concern is will they make the current legendaries obsolete such as echoing fury by giving the new one something amazing other than just dps.

And what is wrong with that?

looking at your profile, your gear obviously sucks. I can see why this doesn't bother you, however. The matter is people have spent lots of time to acquire their gear sets. What's the point of spending 2 bill on an item that will become a dust collector every time the dev team decides to change the same item?
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Garthandal
looking at your profile, your gear obviously sucks.

LOL you have room to talk. Looking at your characters... do they even lift?

This isn't my main account and I'm not gonna start a flame argument but so far having to rebuild up gear isn't very appealing especially in Diablo 3. Maybe a ladder would be a better solution if that's what people really want.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Duff66
I was just using that as an example, my main concern is will they make the current legendaries obsolete such as echoing fury by giving the new one something amazing other than just dps.

No. You are misinterpreting what "itemization changes" are. The goal isn't to make a bunch of new items with more dps than what we have. The idea is to create more variety and diversity. The goal is to create options... do I want to use this gear set or that gear set. Right now everything is IAS/CC/CD... they want to create affix combos other than just those. There should be choices and options when choosing your affixes... not just "get all the high dps stats".

After the changes... the IAS/CC/CD will still be just as good as they are now... but there will be other options that will be just as good... but with different builds. Right now every build and class uses the same items... that shouldn't be the case.

So, theoretically, all the items you have now should keep their value.

04/17/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Garthandal
And you know this how? Because we will have low lvl legs with lvl 63 stats?

Allowing all legendary items to drop in Inferno at iLvl 63 doesn't mean items will have more DPS than they already have. (Sure the ilvl63 will have more than ilvl 36) But all items will still be ilvl63 and have the same caps on stats they do now. Nothing will be "better" than it is right now. The itemization changes aren't to make better items than we have now... or to make finding items easier... its to give players more options and choices.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Duff66
looking at your profile, your gear obviously sucks. I can see why this doesn't bother you, however. The matter is people have spent lots of time to acquire their gear sets. What's the point of spending 2 bill on an item that will become a dust collector every time the dev team decides to change the same item?

What's the point of grinding gear in a loot hunting game? The point is to hunt loot. How is more loot a bad thing? It gives you more to do... if your goal is simply to have stuff that others don't... and a change like this means you will no longer better better than other people... then that's just a personal issue. :D
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Glock
do I want to use this gear set or that gear set. Right now everything is IAS/CC/CD..

I could not agree with this more! I just want Blizzard to execute this properly. Item diversity was pretty solid in D2 ( not trying to start a comparison war) like you could always see people using different items in the same socket e.g helmet.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Glock

What's the point of grinding gear in a loot hunting game? The point is to hunt loot. How is more loot a bad thing? It gives you more to do... if your goal is simply to have stuff that others don't... and a change like this means you will no longer better better than other people... then that's just a personal issue. :D

Of course having more loot to hunt for is great. Yes I love the loot hunt, I just want the new oranges/greens to be meaningful while also keep the other legendaries at the top of their game as well.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Garthandal
my main concern is will they make the current legendaries obsolete such as echoing fury by giving the new one something amazing other than just dps.

Now that I think about it... This almost feels like a backhanded way of going about ladders without ever committing to ladder seasons.
Reply Quote

LOL you have room to talk. Looking at your characters... do they even lift?

This isn't my main account and I'm not gonna start a flame argument but so far having to rebuild up gear isn't very appealing especially in Diablo 3. Maybe a ladder would be a better solution if that's what people really want.

whos saying you "have" to regear? Lets say you find or evenbuy an EF for 1 billion gold now. I will not be suddenly useless because they rework the EF to be more usefull, as long as the content is not changed, like where we get another 10 MP levels. Then I would agree with you. But if you rock Mp10 now, then you will rock it as well after the itemisation patch.if you say the 1 billion item you buy now will eventually lose its value, then yes, I agree with you. Things that costed 250$ in the past can be get now for 5$ in some cases. But is that really a surprise for people? I mean seriously ... I thought everyone would realize that something like that would happen in D3. its a game after all, not an economy simulation or even something that is conected to real life, and even in real life certain goods lose their value over time. Like gold is loosing more and more value in D3. Thats NORMAL in some cases. Even if nothing would happen in 1 or 2 years the expansion would make your gear "obsolete" maybe. Thats what an H&S game is about, getting more powerfull content to collect.

The problem is, if they DONT do something now, then I have the fear D3 will not have any future in the long run, the game has no kind of endgame AND the loot is rather boring and uninspired. Those 2 things together crate an very bad situation. A hack and slay game has the loot as endgame in some way. But farming for items in D3 is very frustrating because of the randomness. You dont feel like on a treasure hunt but working the slot machine.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 4/17/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would kill to get my hands on an ilvl63

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/odyn-son

with cd and an OS.

Need more items with procs on em, i like procs.

Edit : As a throw barb, I'd feel like an old javazon / Thor. =D
Edited by Badonkadonq#1141 on 4/17/2013 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would kill to get my hands on an ilvl63

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/odyn-son

with cd and an OS.

Need more items with procs on em, i like procs.

Edit : As a throw barb, I'd feel like an old javazon / Thor. =D
That would be badass. I'd change my barb to a throw barb in an instant if I had that drop...
Reply Quote
View profile
They will have to be changed. Do you really think that the a level 17 leoric's ring will be allowed to roll with stats that are level 17 but the actual level of item is 63? Hardly also do you think that legendaries that can roll stats around 170-200 that are set in stone like Mempos will be allowed as a level 10 Mempo, hardly. I say that legendaries will see a rework of their stats.
Reply Quote

+1
It's only natural that items improve and change over time.
Your BiS gear will change entirely when the expansion pack comes out for example.

If you can farm MP10 with EF you'll still be able to with better choices out there.
The idea of having more options to choose from should be looked at as exciting.

You can't seriously expect your 2B item to hold it's strength over the next 10 years.
The value and strength of items will remain volatile until which time Blizzard stops supporting this game with patches and expansions. Spend at your own risk.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 4/17/2013 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

+1
It's only natural that items improve and change over time.
Your BiS gear will change entirely when the expansion pack comes out for example.

If you can farm MP10 with EF you'll still be able to with better choices out there.
The idea of having more options to choose from should be looked at as exciting.

You can't seriously expect your 2B item to hold it's strength over the next 10 years.
The value and strength of items will remain volatile until which time Blizzard stops supporting this game with patches and expansions. Spend at your own risk.

Once expansion come every BIS now become $0. I wont suprise a 400 Str 300 Vit lv 73 shoulder in 2nd expansion may be 600 str 400 Vit Lv 83 shoulder in 3rd expansion, low lv leg roll 63 table is just a number game. Never fix anything.

Diversity is the only way to go. Interseting and powerful new or amended Affix compare with CC/ CD/ IAS/ main state. Player need to choice use what and give up what...depends on their build and expectation.

E.g reduce HOTA resource of Bar is great for HOTA build! If the affix combine with increase damage of HOTA that become a game changer!
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 4/17/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
biz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]