Diablo® III

Attention WINDFORCE Users!!

the title really caught my attention...as a WF user..lol
Here is my build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/22549518

I wanna point out.... Bola Shot with Volatile Explosives rune gives me more lifesteal than other runes.

I am looking for build improvement too...comments are welcomed
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 5/7/2013 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Luffy
the title really caught my attention...as a WF user..lol

wow thanks. that's what I was going for.
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 03:35 PMPosted by IRoNoRE
grenades for when i don't need it like if im playing with a cm wiz or if i wanna get up close with a pack and tank it.

the proc rate on Grenades is high enough that it would keep kicking them around out of your grenade blasts. Is that really effective for tanking?
Reply Quote
I'll probably give this a shot tomorrow but from what I can tell it's a less talked about skill option with the WF at the moment. Realizing that EA isn't used at higher mp's for the most part, has anybody gotten a 3% life steal WF and combined that with Nether Tentacles? In essence you've got the original NT back. Still maybe not at high mp, due to the damage reduction that comes with it, but I would have to think that at a mid level mp you could replace gloom for a different defensive skill. Personally I've always used gloom and have never (quick literally never) used smoke screen.

Maybe use Numbing traps in place of steady aim as your mp level goes up to make up for the damage reduction of gloom?

Possibly looking something like this?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ibXkhd!Vce!cZccZb
Reply Quote
Hello,

This is my build WF for low PM:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cdhVgS!Xeb!bZZZYY

The very fast version:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cdhVgS!XZb!bbZZcY
with tumble, shadow glide and tactical advantage

I have put some explanation on this topic:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568990471?page=6#102
Edited by Sander#2765 on 7/31/2013 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here's another WF guide:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568990471

Lots of builds listed in there to :)
Reply Quote
Wrong topic ?
Sorry, I came from Oscar sticky and I missed this topic. Maybe I should copy/paste there...

EDIT: done !
Edited by Sander#2765 on 7/31/2013 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey ! I have seen your profile. I love your build, TastySoup !
I need to test that. Many thanks !
Reply Quote
I really liked Bola:VE when I used to run it too, lifesteal is great and the area of effect is massive, so much bigger than the other runes.

I changed my build around, it doesn't have as much KB as some builds, but with high enough KB chance and a follower with high KB I don't get hit much anyway. I keep my life up with brooding/aid station and high vitality.

HA spray of teeth is an awesome spender with Windforce if you have a cold SoJ/TR. With decent crit chance you'll get nice AoE damage along with an AoE snare. The knockback isn't quite as good as ES:SC but it has the potential to hit more targets, has higher base dmg, chance to pierce and explode again (another aoe snare and potential aoe knockback), and also has the benefit of homing in on targets.

ST scatter with custom engineering and cold dmg also is amazing for AoE. Lay six traps down in a big pack of mobs, watch them all explode, get snared, get knocked back, it's really effective at clearing out big packs of mobs and keeping them at distance.

And that leaves Rapid Fire any rune for single target burn. Nothing beats it for burning down big single targets, and I find it provides very effective knockback. I run Withering Fire because my build is so hatred intensive, between Sentry and ST and RF I need max hatred. I wish I could get my hatred regen even higher so I could run web shot so all my attacks would snare, but it just isn't optimal.

And of course I run sentry.... just so good with CE and archery bonus for bow. I also need it for the extra 2% regen since my build doesn't use gloom. I don't stand in aid station all the time, but I tend to vault between them to reposition.

I figured I'd detail my build a bit since it's a bit different than a lot of the other Windforce builds, and I think some of you might like the cold dmg with HA SoT or ST scatter/CE even if you don't go full blown with 100k hp and brooding and AS heh.
Reply Quote
Hey ! I have seen your profile. I love your build, TastySoup !
I need to test that. Many thanks !

You should try Fire Support as well, each of the rockets can proc nightstalker and knockback. The caltrops can also be used to proc CtW if someone gets to close.
Reply Quote
Ok, so I am currently trying budget Windforce build and am immensely enjoying it thus far.
But if you guys can help me improve, it will be greatly appreciated!

So I have 6cold/30/10 HA soj. In that case, is it better to run HA than Entangle? It seems that Entangle is like the staple of most of windforce build. Is there why Entangle is so heavily favored?

I'm a bit confused to which spec I'm suppose to seek after for windforce (item-wise). So because I'm incorporating sentry: spitfire, should I focus more on IAS/DEX instead of CC/CD? But I'm also spamming Ball Iightning in which case cc/cd is better? How do you balance the two?

Lastly, this question is little off topic but little related too since Windforce users are fast hatred spender.
I bought this cloak: http://tinypic.com/r/b6r5gh/5
for exactly 3.5mil at 1d 9hr. Why are these cloaks so cheap? Is hatred regen Nat cloak that not in demand? I just find it hard to believe that it worths so little.

Thanks all!
Edited by Iscariot#1538 on 8/5/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Iscariot
So I have 6cold/30/10 HA soj. In that case, is it better to run HA than Entangle? It seems that Entangle is like the staple of most of windforce build. Is there why Entangle is so heavily favored?

If you are going to stick with your SoJ I would use HA. Entangling shot is widley used as the base skill for Windforces because of the high proc rates, especially that of Shock Collar. You will notice many more knock backs using shock collar than HA. Also, any entangling shot build is going to snare enemies, thus proccing Cull The Weak for the extra 15% damage and essentially forgoing to the snare on the SoJ, (Which I think is actually a snare for a lower amount of time, I could be wrong though).

08/05/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Iscariot
I'm a bit confused to which spec I'm suppose to seek after for windforce (item-wise). So because I'm incorporating sentry: spitfire, should I focus more on IAS/DEX instead of CC/CD? But I'm also spamming Ball Iightning in which case cc/cd is better? How do you balance the two?

IAS, Dex, Average Damage and +% Elemental Damage effect sentries from what I can gather through ingame experience. I would definitley stack enough attack speed to get past the 2.49 aps frame rate breakpoint. You will notice a large difference in the rate at which your shooting as compared to if you are below it. Obviously you are going to want to maintain or gain as much CD/CC as you can while upping your IAS to at least this point. But once you are past, i'd focus more on CC/CD. Try to get a ring with higher average (like one that has a 20-40 min max roll on it) as your rare ring. And try to craft an ammy that has Average Damage on it as well. They will help your sentries big time. In terms of reaching the breakpoint, I'd look for as cheap as possible Nat's Gaze with CC on it, and try and get rid of the ring you have in favor of one with high Avg Dmg, Dex, CD and IAS. Just my opinion though for keeping some of the CC you'd lose while gaining that precious attack speed.

In terms of the cloak, hatred regen isn't something that is often sought after on cloaks and the spike trap damage added is low, however you still have a well rolled dex/vit cloak. I'd say it was a good purchase but I'm not all too educated in the world of cloaks.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Reply Quote
Sorry guys, i havent had a chance yet to read through this thread so apologies if i repeat something here someone else has mentioned.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bkQdhg!UXe!ZbcbZY

This build above had been working so well for me on my Eu DH#2 with WF.

CoT is ridiculous for KB procs and with Custom Engineering you can create a perameter for yourself on high mp's.

Shock Collar for Ns procs and KB procs. Spike traps Scatter for Damage and Double lay out form Ce.

Give it a go :)
Reply Quote
A lot of guys are recommending shock collar but a massive weakness i see is that the dot of shock collar does not stack. For those of you with good attack speed its almost like the next 6 shots after your initial shot doesnt do any incremental dot...effectively unless you attack a new target most of your shots are equal to the unruned version as the incremtntal dot results in no more damage.

Actually chain gang far out damages shock collar on that basis and even bounty huntet is better for the utility.

Cinder arrow dot stacks by comparison.
Reply Quote
Hmm
- normal gear - try to kill the fekker before it gets to you.
- windforce - try to kill the fekker before it gets knocked back off screen.

WF with rapid is funny - more like the riot squad using a water cannon :)
Reply Quote
Hmm
- normal gear - try to kill the fekker before it gets to you.
- windforce - try to kill the fekker before it gets knocked back off screen.

WF with rapid is funny - more like the riot squad using a water cannon :)

Haha ye, Rf is good, but there's always a sucka coming in from the side trunna get to ya.

I like the game of dont let them touch you. Wf is a lot of fun, solo at least.
Reply Quote
You got a good deal on that cloak, but hatred isn't as valued on cloak for some reason I don't get. It's typically AT LEAST a 10-15% increase in hatred regen that you can only get in a few other slots. At most you're giving up some dex or vitality for a massive increase in hatred regen. Unless your build doesn't need extra hatred it is the best bang for your buck in my opinion, but how many builds have excess hatred? The spike trap damage on it is low, but the other stats are amazing. I've been looking for a cloak with high spike trap damage and high vitality like that and haven't been able to find one at all...
Reply Quote
I so love the diversity that WF allows.

My build resolves around spike traps, turrets, and Custom Engineering.

Basically, I lay down a nest, then lay down cover fire that keeps them away while I lay down more traps. I rely on the turrets to kill anything that gets too close.

The paper dps may not be great, but it's very difficult to get killed.

Since I don't use gloom very often, I may swap it out for MFD.

I'll see though as it's a great crutch that's hard to throw away.
Reply Quote
What ever happened to Oscar? Just curious.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Mao
Playstyle : Dont stop shooting !!
Am I the only WF Strafer?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]