Diablo® III

Whats the point of quests in Inferno?

They dont give exp towards paragon so they offer zero rewards. Why even have them at all when they dont give you anything?
Reply Quote
I believe they are fixing/have fixed this issue... Dont remember if I saw it in patch notes or PTR notes... If it isnt fixed it will be soon... Just a glitch they over looked I assume...
Reply Quote
Pretty sure they said that you wouldn't be earning XP from quests after hitting 60.

Though I have thought the idea of adding quest XP post-60 would be a good thing.

At the end of the day if you think completing quests is pointless but still want to do full act clears, load up the final quest of whatever act and then run clear the act, killing your boss of choice at the end. That's what I do...

You miss out on the sub-bosses but... meh. Bosses never drop anything good anyway.
Reply Quote
600-800 Gold right?
Reply Quote
The quest rewards are pretty bad throughout the entire game, with an exception to the EXP you get at low, low levels. After a while that's worthless, too.

Needs better sidequests.

Example:

If you're giving gold, give 100 times the current amount.
If you're giving EXP in Inferno, make it worth a damn at Paragon 40, 50, 80, whatever.

Better idea would be to grant high-level gems, random rares, and maybe even some really nice recipe quests that are pretty difficult.
Reply Quote
Considering all quests pretty much just give a bit of gold and some experience... no point at all really except merely progressing through the game,

From another ARPG that I'm waiting for:

-Give players meaningful quest choices and the ability to visually change the starting town as they help to rebuild and secure the future survival of humanity.

-Let you ally with NPC factions to earn rewards and unlock new quest lines. Be wary though, aiding one group can make another your enemy!

-We don’t control where you go; you do! If you don't want to follow the main story, you aren't forced to. Non-linear progression allows you to unlock new areas by repairing bridges, defeating enemy blockades, etc, as soon as you have the resources and power to do it. Race ahead into higher-level areas and get pwned, we'll warn you but we're not going to stop you!

-Feature a more open-world design with randomized elements that will greatly enhance replay-ability. Each play-through will be unique with "set-piece" spawners that can turn a patch of wilderness into different types of enemy camps, a traveling merchant caravan, etc, each with their own unique art.

Can't wait considering the alpha is a few weeks away :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/19/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
They dont give exp towards paragon so they offer zero rewards. Why even have them at all when they dont give you anything?
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so coming soon in patch 1.0.8, level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.
Reply Quote
Amen :)
Reply Quote
BLUE POST THATS MY MAN
Reply Quote
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so coming soon in patch 1.0.8 level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

I don't really understand why the Diablo 3 development team is trying to make leveling paragon easier and easier every patch. It's like your goal is to remove the little end-game that is in the game and trying to make it so everyone that doesn't even spend time on the game can reach paragon 100. I mean when you are paragon 100 all these XP bonuses wont benefit you and a lot of people have reached that now and it will be even easier this upcoming patch. I just don't see point why you guys are making it easier?

Your post doesn't make any sense "We know that every little bit of XP helps", help what? Not giving you one single challenge in the game or what? Lets nerf "Waller" on champion packs aswell while we are on it so you can walk through them since we realised that it was to hard for people to walk around them. Easy doesn't mean fun.
Edited by Zyfoh#2357 on 4/19/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
<easy doesn't mean fun> ^angry birds says otherwise. simple but addictive for millions.
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-updated-418-4-18-2013#quests"]coming soon in patch 1.0.8[/url], level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

Yay... paragon...

Still doesn't solve the issue that quests have uninteresting rewards.

Pocket change gold and a little experience doesn't enthrall me in the slightest.

I suppose though that you don't want quest rewards to be good in the end anyways considering the nearly same stance (yes nv5) for boss drops. If bosses or quests give good rewards then people will just farm those things which is obviously a bad thing in Blizzard's eyes.

Quests in D3... don't see any solution in making their rewards better unless their is a similar system to Nephalem Valor in which playing through the quests will give 1 Quest Valor (lol) which will make the rewards better (like having drops/crafting materials/jewels/chance for plans or legendary items).

Just an idea....
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say they offer 0 rewards. A lot of the quests spawn an elite and/or add an NV stack now so they're at least useful for that. Wouldn't hurt to improve on that more though.
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-updated-418-4-18-2013#quests"]coming soon in patch 1.0.8[/url], level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

"soon" ™
Reply Quote
Yeah, but how much xp is that anyway? is it modified by cp bonuses? Is it really worth putting in if it's so tiny?

Like others have said, the main issue is that quest rewards aren't worth getting, and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, creatures that spawn from quests DO NOT GIVE XP.
Reply Quote
Quest rewards in inferno should be increased multiple times, and they should also scale with monster power.

Currently quests give 800-2000 gold. Piles of gold in MP5 with no additional gold find or paragon levels easily break that point, and happen hundreds of times in a few minutes.

Base MP0 inferno quests should give 10K gold and 100K XP, and should go up to 50K gold and 500K XP at MP10. Doing this will bring meaning back to doing quests, and I also believe you should get a bonus 25% to these amounts if you are helping someone do that quest for the first time on that character.

Do this, and people might actually pay attention, though no quest is quick enough to make that more reliable than farming whites/elites.
Reply Quote
I get 800 gold every time I kill Azmodan.. .not sure what more people could ask for.
Reply Quote
Yay now gold farmers can get paragon levels from running Haedrig all day too!

Yippie for them!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]