Diablo® III

Whats the point of quests in Inferno?

04/19/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Vaeflare
They dont give exp towards paragon so they offer zero rewards. Why even have them at all when they dont give you anything?
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-updated-418-4-18-2013#quests"]coming soon in patch 1.0.8[/url], level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

kickass

Blizzard really are kicking !@# recently with everything.

Good stuff guys.
Reply Quote
Considering all quests pretty much just give a bit of gold and some experience... no point at all really except merely progressing through the game,

From another ARPG that I'm waiting for:

-Give players meaningful quest choices and the ability to visually change the starting town as they help to rebuild and secure the future survival of humanity.

-Let you ally with NPC factions to earn rewards and unlock new quest lines. Be wary though, aiding one group can make another your enemy!

-We don’t control where you go; you do! If you don't want to follow the main story, you aren't forced to. Non-linear progression allows you to unlock new areas by repairing bridges, defeating enemy blockades, etc, as soon as you have the resources and power to do it. Race ahead into higher-level areas and get pwned, we'll warn you but we're not going to stop you!

-Feature a more open-world design with randomized elements that will greatly enhance replay-ability. Each play-through will be unique with "set-piece" spawners that can turn a patch of wilderness into different types of enemy camps, a traveling merchant caravan, etc, each with their own unique art.

Can't wait considering the alpha is a few weeks away :)

YESSS!! I want Zulten Kulle Faction, away with the useless auto-attacking only angels!!
Edited by NuEloS#1547 on 4/19/2013 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Zyfoh
I don't really understand why the Diablo 3 development team is trying to make leveling paragon easier and easier every patch

Exactly, at least whilst chasing the next paragon level a lot of us have something to achieve but at paragon 100 then what? There HAS to be something challenging/rewarding or more players will quit.
Reply Quote
Puny exp and gold bonuses do nothing to make us complete the ridiculous side quests...when will they understand this?

Yay...an event...walk right on by and go kill something worth while. At least provide a class-specific item as a reward or SOMETHING potentially useful. Even if you end up vendoring it, at least its not just 500 Gold and a slap on the !@#.
Reply Quote
Considering all quests pretty much just give a bit of gold and some experience... no point at all really except merely progressing through the game,

From another ARPG that I'm waiting for:

-Give players meaningful quest choices and the ability to visually change the starting town as they help to rebuild and secure the future survival of humanity.

-Let you ally with NPC factions to earn rewards and unlock new quest lines. Be wary though, aiding one group can make another your enemy!

-We don’t control where you go; you do! If you don't want to follow the main story, you aren't forced to. Non-linear progression allows you to unlock new areas by repairing bridges, defeating enemy blockades, etc, as soon as you have the resources and power to do it. Race ahead into higher-level areas and get pwned, we'll warn you but we're not going to stop you!

-Feature a more open-world design with randomized elements that will greatly enhance replay-ability. Each play-through will be unique with "set-piece" spawners that can turn a patch of wilderness into different types of enemy camps, a traveling merchant caravan, etc, each with their own unique art.

Can't wait considering the alpha is a few weeks away :)

Once this is out, i'm outa D3.
Reply Quote
They dont give exp towards paragon so they offer zero rewards. Why even have them at all when they dont give you anything?
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-updated-418-4-18-2013#quests"]coming soon in patch 1.0.8[/url], level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

How much exp? 10k exp per quest? White mobs give like 10x that
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Zyfoh
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so coming soon in patch 1.0.8 level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

I don't really understand why the Diablo 3 development team is trying to make leveling paragon easier and easier every patch. It's like your goal is to remove the little end-game that is in the game and trying to make it so everyone that doesn't even spend time on the game can reach paragon 100. I mean when you are paragon 100 all these XP bonuses wont benefit you and a lot of people have reached that now and it will be even easier this upcoming patch. I just don't see point why you guys are making it easier?

Your post doesn't make any sense "We know that every little bit of XP helps", help what? Not giving you one single challenge in the game or what? Lets nerf "Waller" on champion packs aswell while we are on it so you can walk through them since we realised that it was to hard for people to walk around them. Easy doesn't mean fun.

You're ignoring how likely it is that the "small" XP from quests will be so small as to be entirely insignificant.

Even if they make it along the lines of 500k per quest, it wouldn't be as efficient as just skipping the quest and killing mobs.

So really, I don't know why you're whining about it.
Reply Quote
And whats the point of cutscenes ? No waipoint through all acts ? repeating this dull story all over again ?
Reply Quote

I hope this is just a step in the right direction. Players need an xp bonus for finishing an entire act(and possibly the entire game in 1 run) to encourage players to actually play the game other than farming the same 2-3 spots indefinitely.
Reply Quote

Still doesn't solve the issue that quests have uninteresting rewards.

Pocket change gold and a little experience doesn't enthrall me in the slightest.

I suppose though that you don't want quest rewards to be good in the end anyways considering the nearly same stance (yes nv5) for boss drops. If bosses or quests give good rewards then people will just farm those things which is obviously a bad thing in Blizzard's eyes.

^ I agree with you in that the rewards from main quests and side quests are pathetic and not worth pursuing. I realy wish those quests had more meaning and would be more fun. I know comparing with D2 is kinda silly but I realy loved the quests that gave something good to your hero. Things like + 1 skill, +20 life, +10 all res, Socket and also the Hellforge.

Blizz, if you read this make sure you build fun and rewarding quests in your expansion pack. A quest that has a chance to drop a higher gem quality than normal or maybe a gear set that only drops from that mob... Sigh MOAR QUESTS!
Reply Quote
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so coming soon in patch 1.0.8, level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

And events?
Reply Quote

I hope this is just a step in the right direction. Players need an xp bonus for finishing an entire act(and possibly the entire game in 1 run) to encourage players to actually play the game other than farming the same 2-3 spots indefinitely.

No no no bad idea. Right now we are free to farm where we want. We need more freedom, such as being able to move between acts, and fighting any boss from a previous quest.

Please please do not make playing this linear game all the way through the most efficient thing to do. There is only 1 thing that could get me to quit this game forever, and it is that.
Edited by DeadDragon#1455 on 4/20/2013 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly, all this change does is prevent people from having to avoid content to farm efficiently. That's a good thing.
Reply Quote
Yeah, currently we can avoid walking through empty straight hallways with nothing but cutscenes waiting for us on the other end.
Edited by DeadDragon#1455 on 4/20/2013 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We know that every little bit of XP helps, so coming soon in patch 1.0.8, level 60 players who complete quests will earn experience towards Paragon levels.

Will this apply on kill-streaks, destroyed object-streaks and maybe even on (future?) fast-elite-kills?
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 4/20/2013 4:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 03:57 AMPosted by Renster11

Bring back hard and rewarding act bosses ! But make them respawn only after starting act from the beggining ! Problem solved !
Reply Quote
What is the point of quest after normal anyway? NONE of the quests is ANY reward at all - we're better off just farm act 3 endlessly :P
Reply Quote
I am glad that more and more changes are getting into 1.08 but blizzard can you please be done with 1.08 and start working on that legendaries and items quality vs quantity patch ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]