Diablo® III

1.5B to spend on a brand new TR monk

Looking for a top tier Tempest Rush monk to show me the way in gearing, Ive read druin's guides but I would really like some imput just to make sure I hit all possible break points and really maximize my dps. So all imput would be helpful ty
Reply Quote
^^
Reply Quote
How did you make1.5b? would love to get some tips XD. But IMO druin seems to know what hes talking about. Not a TR monk though.
Reply Quote
Well, druin is hard to get ahold of lol. Im just not sure what I should look for as in a budget/Spec for TR(there are so many) for mp0-mp1 TR while paragon lvling then once I hit 100 what spec should I switch to or stay the same.
Reply Quote
well ty I have read most of the guides/ I just play barb and wanted to try out a monk. But ill read again just didn't want to waste a ton of gold then spec don't work correctly
Reply Quote
Cobra, you can build a fine TR Monk for 1.5b. Look for the following pieces:

Helm: Inna's Radiance - 170 dex, 80 vit, 50+ all resist, 2.2+ spirit regen
Shoulders: Craft or Vile Ward - 250+ dex, vit, 70+ all resist, armor (dedicated EHP piece)
Chest: Inna's Vast Expanse - 170 dex, 250 vit, 11-12% life
Amulet: Rare or craft - 9+ cc, 70+ cd, high dex, whatever else you can get (vit, AR, average damage)
Gloves: Rare or craft - 9+ cc, 40+ cd, high dex, vit or AR, pickup possibly
Bracers: Rare or craft - 5+cc, high dex, vit, AR, armor or pickup
Belt: Inna's Favor - 90+ dex, 70+ AR, 8% holy damage OR high dex/vit variant
Ring 1: Stone of Jordan - 6% elemental damage, 25+ elite damage, 2.2+ spirit regen, sweeping wind damage OR tempest rush crit
Ring 2: Hellfire - best you can roll, but ideally will have cc/cd
Boots: Zuni's Trail - 170 dex, 70 vit, 8% elemental damage, 60+ all resist
Pants: Inna's Temperence - 90 dex, 70+ AR, 8% attack speed OR high dex/vit variant
Weapon: Skorn - 1400+ dps, 180+cd, life steal... or 1380 dps, 190 cd, life steal... 1420 dps, 170 cd... you get the idea

I have absolutely no idea if you can get the above for 1.5b total... you may need to be nimble since. Some other broad things to keep in mind:

- Physical resistance is a great alternative to All Resist since you are moving so fast you don't take much elemental damage. Helps against reflect as well. I stack some on top of my all resist.

- Attack speed is NOT desired, so avoid it wherever you can. The more attack speed you have, the more problems you will find keeping Tempest Rush up.

- See Druin's guide for MUCH more detail and discussion of various specs. Seems like most people run the Inner Sub spec.
Reply Quote
Ty Texas for the gearing help! I will look for these and with this gear I can basically choose any of the desired tr specs?
Reply Quote
IMO the most important stat for an endgame TR monk is crit chance. The more cyclones you spawn the less you have to backtrack. In my TR gear I'm at 225kdps and 63% TR crit chance. In fact I think cyclones are so important I rather use a skull grasp with 6%CC + 5%TRCC than a SOJ with 7% TRCC, even though this means I have to take circular breathing instead of overawe.

With 63% crit chance I hardly ever have to pass through ANY monster more than once, bar elites. and it's possible to get another +7% TRCC if I'd find a maras with 10cc and 7trcc, but they aren't exactly easy to come by.

Defense does not matter at all, not at all. You can TR with 200 all res and 25k life and never die as long as you have a lifesteal skorn.

In my setup I lose about 0.5 spirit/sec, but that means I can TR for 3 minutes and I refill on elites with spirit generator, and you encounter elites about every 30 sec.. Using a spirit spender to kill elites is pointless since they die in 3 seconds anyway.

Texastranger: Those stats are good for a TR/bell monk for high mp, you don't need the all res rolls on innas for xp grinding TR on low mp. I'd get high dex rolls on everything instead. These are my suggestions:

Helm: Inna's Radiance - Spirit regen as close to max as you get, 6CC high dex, pickup radius/sweeping winds (SW is insanely expensive and impossible to find with high spirit regen though)
Shoulders: Craft or Vile Ward - high dex, ehp all the way, maybe pickup radius
Amulet: Rare or craft - 10 cc, high cd, high dex, whatever else you can get (vit, AR, average damage) / Alternative is maras with 8+CC + TR CC but these are near impossible to find.
Gloves: Rare or craft - 10 cc, 40+ cd, high dex, vit or AR, pickup possibly
Bracers: Rare or craft - 6cc, high dex, vit, AR, armor or pickup
Belt: Inna's Favor - as high dex as you can afford,, 8% holy damage
Pants: Inna's Temperence - as high dex as you can afford, attack speed based on your spirit regen 8/9%
Weapon: Skorn - life steal, as high stats as you can afford

You can go with nats ring/boots: max cc, as high dps as you can afford, maybe pickup on boots or high dex (this is BiS imo, but costly)

Boots if not nats combo: Zuni's Trail - high dex, 8% elemental damage, maybe pickup

Ring 2: If you want xp then hellfire is probably the best idea: cc and dps.

Alternative rings are:
SoJ with TR critchance, and the other stats as good as you can get, elite damage being least important.
Skull grasp with CC and TRCC, attack speed 7 if your spirit regen is high enough.
Leorics signet with max xp
Edited by Timmy#1457 on 4/21/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well if you a spending 1.5bil I think you could build a tr mp1 set a vota mp5-6 and a mp10 cota/kd set and have gold left over(a lot of gold)
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Timmy
Texastranger: Those stats are good for a TR/bell monk for high mp, you don't need the all res rolls on innas for xp grinding TR on low mp. I'd get high dex rolls on everything instead. These are my suggestions:

That's a good point. My suggestions are definitely for building a more versatile TR Monk that could farm MP0-1 and have the EHP to tackle VOTA or COTA, but I probably should have stated that in my first post!
Reply Quote
Defense does not matter at all, not at all. You can TR with 200 all res and 25k life and never die as long as you have a lifesteal skorn.

What MP level are you talking about? When someone writes about endgame monks, they typically mean MP10. Is this what you are referring to here?

I'd like to see video evidence of you (or someone) running around with 200 AR and 25K life and never die in MP10. I mean, Tianzi has mentioned being able to do this on sub 300K EHP (and you are actually advocating for far less... those stats would suggest <200K EHP) and he has said that he can do it for runs like CotA runs in MP10 with minimal deaths (but deaths nonetheless) and he has also conceded (to my knowledge) that that kind of setup would not yield positive results in going through an MP10 A3 Alkaizer-like run with great efficiency and I consider him pretty well geared.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 4/21/2013 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Nameless

What MP level are you talking about? When someone writes about endgame monks, they typically mean MP10. Is this what you are referring to here?

I'd like to see video evidence of you (or someone) running around with 200 AR and 25K life and never die in MP10. I mean, Tianzi has mentioned being able to do this on sub 300K EHP (and you are actually advocating for far less... those stats would suggest <200K EHP) and he has said that he can do it for runs like CotA runs in MP10 with minimal deaths (but deaths nonetheless) and he has also conceded (to my knowledge) that that kind of setup would not yield positive results in going through an MP10 A3 Alkaizer-like run with great efficiency and I consider him pretty well geared.

cool trolling. Seems like only u have found the dark side of that post and the others understood it right.
Btw where u've found end game equip request?
Reply Quote
Sorry, should have maybe stated I was talking about MP0. No you could definitely not survive with that on mp10 :D. I find I need about 500-600 all res, 3.5K armor and 50-60k life to survive on MP10 with most builds.

Edit:

Just as a PS. In the case of endgame tempest rush builds, you are never going to get an effective pure tempest rush build that deals enough damage for MP10. When the Sweeping wind snapshot mechanism was still up I had a one handed tempest rush build that was capable of running MP3-4 smoothly, but that is nowhere near possible anymore. The kind of damage you need is ludicrous, for higher MP:s you'll need different damage dealing skills and even if TR is on your skill bar you never really use it to deal damage.

The reason why tempest rush is still somewhat effective is that you simply clear a round so fast, even if it's just MP0/1. Also, it's a lot of fun to run around mindlessly :D
Edited by Timmy#1457 on 4/21/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
These 1.5b build request are on every class in the forums.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 08:41 AMPosted by CobraX8134
Ty Texas for the gearing help! I will look for these and with this gear I can basically choose any of the desired tr specs?

The gears I listed would work for any of the TR specs, yes. The gears also work for higher MP VotA and CotA, provided you can get survivability high enough. I figure if you have 1.5b, might as well get yourself some gear that serves multiple farming purposes.

I'd shoot for 400-500 all resist, 3700-4000 armor, 35-45k hp on the defensive side, 4.4 combined spirit regen on your two spirit pieces, and hopefully 160+k dps... 200k is probably possible, but you'll need to find a really amazing skorn and craft very strong bracers/ammy/gloves/shoulders to get there.
Reply Quote
albeit I have some crafted items, everything else is under your budget, so you can take a look at my gear.

key points:

SOJ w 2+ spirit, inna's radiance w 2+ spirit

alot of people swear by lifesteal skorns, but I found that I do ok farming without LS if I allow a slot for serenity (for reflect elites) (so 30m skorn vs 300m skorn)

o/
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 09:20 PMPosted by CobraX8134
Looking for a top tier Tempest Rush monk to show me the way in gearing, Ive read druin's guides but I would really like some imput just to make sure I hit all possible break points and really maximize my dps. So all imput would be helpful ty

I think you should specify further as to what your goals (high MP farming, low mp farming, DE runs, etc) are. The term "TR Monk" in patches prior to 1.0.7 basically only meant low MP exp/item farming while actually killing things with TR.

However, after 1.0.7 there are a lot of specs which use TR for high MP stuff, but TR is only used for it's mobility rather than for damage. So now some people just call pretty much any build with TR in it a "TR monk". Blowing 1.5b into an old-school TR monk for low MP would be a waste, so most people probably don't even know what you're actually looking for.
Reply Quote
innas chest is the biggest waste of gold ever period!!!! just craft 1. Why spend over 300-400 mill on a chest to get 2 piece when u will need inna's pants and helm anyways for 2 piece bonus.

Check my profile i can help you if you like on the tr bells side of things.

I can farm mp10 using ep nuke build tr bells build. Those r my 2 favs.

imo you should be crafting ammy shoulders bracers chest gloves. if you dont you are losing out and buying into gear that just keeps depreciating in value. Craft as much as possible.
Edited by Taross#1144 on 4/21/2013 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 03:05 PMPosted by TexaStranger

The gears I listed would work for any of the TR specs, yes. The gears also work for higher MP VotA and CotA, provided you can get survivability high enough. I figure if you have 1.5b, might as well get yourself some gear that serves multiple farming purposes.

I'd shoot for 400-500 all resist, 3700-4000 armor, 35-45k hp on the defensive side, 4.4 combined spirit regen on your two spirit pieces, and hopefully 160+k dps... 200k is probably possible, but you'll need to find a really amazing skorn and craft very strong bracers/ammy/gloves/shoulders to get there.

35k life is far to low at only 400-500 all res on mp10 the damage spikes will kill you a lot of the time. Think of it this way you use TR to move around thats pretty much it your main damage is Bells and or a combination of a few things EP and or sweeping wind.1 bell crits for me between 1.2-1.5 mill which gives me a full life heal. So you only really need to be able to take 2 major hits in mp10 and u will be able to put at least 1 bell down for a full heal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]