Diablo® III

Spam bot solution

General chat is full of spam bots, we report them, but nothing happens. Why?

Because the majority of the time they are using starter accounts. So even if they get banned, they make another one for free.

Well today my friends I have a solution!

Level restrict chats.

Starter Edition ends at lvl 13, make chats available at lvl 14.
"Congratulations you have reached level 14! Welcome to General chat! To leave General chat or join other channels click on the settings icon."

Or perhaps an easier way would be to make starter editions not have the ability to join chat at all.

At least this way spammers will have to pay $$$ if they want to continue spamming, and when we report we actually help the problem, instead of increasing the workload.

I just though of this while laying in bed, feel free to improve this idea in the comments!
Reply Quote
Or they will just hack and steal accounts and use those... like they already do.
Reply Quote
Error:

You must purchase $1 worth of items on RMAH to be able to chat on General Chat.
Reply Quote
Logged in just to rate this!
Reply Quote
Error:

You must purchase $1 worth of items on RMAH to be able to chat on General Chat.
lol best solution for spambots. But honestly report spam actually helps or at least on EU.
Reply Quote
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Making it so starter editions cannot use general chat is a great idea. It won't stop the people who are hacking accounts but it will still make an impact on the amount of spamming in the game.
Reply Quote
I don't know, the spam bots help me regulate my clicking flow and scrolling flow. To speed craft and to spam clicks faster to do faster runs. MY APM feels just about right thanx too them everyday.
Reply Quote
good idea, you have my support. people without the full version of diablo 3 shouldn't have the ability to use chat and post topics here on forums either!
Reply Quote
I like this idea!
Reply Quote
I also like this idea
Reply Quote
error: starter accounts already cannot join general chat.

hacked accounts/botting accounts are what is used to harvest your battle tag.

---
solution:

a) give players options via radio button selection

Receive Friend Requests from recently played list and active games[ ]
Receive Friend Requests (All) [ ]
Do not receive friend requests [ ]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]