Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
1) Blizzard will release a huge scope of a preview for Patch 1.1 at Blizzcon. They're stalling each patch until then to have equal intervals so they can actually preview the patch to get old players and (possibly) new players interested in the game. It will be very exciting and include alot of what players have been demanding for so long.
2) Expansion will be delivered alongside Patch 1.2, maybe sooner.
3) Events will be inside the game that will allow players to use the auction house in some shape or form. For example, buying Tickets at $1 on the rmah to participate.
RMAH is removed.
4) Massive class balancing alongside PvP patch or patch afterward. This will include PvE balancing as well.
5) Endless Dungeon is implemented. It serves as end-game instead of another place to farm.
6) Warcraft 4 is announced and Jay Wilson has something to do with it.
7) World of Warcraft will allow specific servers based on each expansion, similar to what runescape did.
8) Titan and World of Warcraft will be linked via battle.net 3.0, allowing you to alternate between games within either game.
9) If real end-game is released, Blizzard will release it in accordance with other games (e.g. ladder resets in the middle of content patches for wow), require a fee to do them (see #3), or include it in an expansion.
I know I have more, just forgot at the moment. I'll add more as I go.
I'll explain why I predicted each of the above as I go.
or a more simple explanation,
they don't make niche games anymore.
i'll probably give hearthstone a shot since its free, everything else forget it. not that im a cheapskate or anything but the amount of excitement and entertainment value measured by time i expect from blizzard products these days and onwards is going to be 1/6th of its price or less. so basically anything above 40$ i'll expect only like 6 hours of entertainment back before it hits repeat, which is actually quite true.
i could pay for a deck of cards and never be dissatisfied due to the amount of game modes it has and the number of players it can hold up to and all the tricks you can do with it and the various other things you can do but that's just a way-out-of-whack analogy.
warcraft 4 will never exist thanks to WoW.
inferno is endgame for Diablo 3, during pre-release development that was their area of focus on developing for DIablo3 which is endgame. Thats why normal nightmare hell feel like tutorial mode.
expansion won't be on the same level as diablo3's launch. infact it might very well turn out a lot worse than anything else, and with all current ARPGs and upcoming ARPGs coming it better have something great other than just a simple +1 act or +2 acts and a class or two with it. by today's standards an expansion isn't just a small package that could be denoted as just a "bigger patch" if you were to make that comparison with D2's expansions in the past. Back then sure, today... uh yeah right. generally for something with RPG tagged on it there should be a lot of depth and character development, D3 lacks all of it.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 4/22/2013 2:19 AM PDT
That's what I thought too as Blizzard's system is now having an eSport/RTS (Sc2), a monthly subscription based MMO(WoW), and a casual rpg (d3). They're brining out hearthstone for a quick buck, but WoW and Sc2 are their main focuses. WoW because it generates the most amount of money and Sc2 because it gives Blizzard a spot in the eSport world. Daiblo 3's already been announced that it won't be considered an eSport.
I think now that Titan is becoming an eSport, Blizzard will do something with Warcraft 4. Warcraft 3 was extremely popular, and they still can do something with the story to make it continue on. It's not impossible.
Not saying that sc2 is going to be forgotten, just that it appeals to a select audience and Blizzard is trying to open up it's audience pool more and more. Look at hearthstone coming out on ipad and d3 coming out on ps3/ps4.
warcraft 4 will never exist thanks to WoW.
wth is titan there's no news/screenshots/videos of whatever it is as far as i'm concerned it's vaporware or rumorware,
warcraft4 can't exist because WoW exists. WoW's story takes War3's lore way and beyond, if you put wc4 out people wonder wtf happened between warcraft3 andw arcraft4 and ppl will go "go play WoW" well, i don't want to play WoW, i tried it before never liked it, not going to subject myself to something i don't like for long periods of time just to figure out wtf went on.
sc2 and sc was always an e-sport.
d3 can never be an e-sport and never will because of the way the ystem is implemented and how there is 0 chance of a ladder ever occurring. meanwhile PoE soaks up that entire competitive market. gg bliz.
d3 coming out on ps3 and ps4 is okay makes sense, have people ever played gauntlet legends or what? it's the same thing.
it's only weird because diablo was always a pc-first game, and that fact that consoles are demo'ing more features than PC is pretty insulting, regardless of how many people say "those features are useless" well if my shotgun can semi auto or automatic vs. your pump action garbage is that still useless? a feature is a bonus if it's not a bug.
hearthstone idk what's up with that, it's like bliz telling me they're making casual games from now on just for money pool, based on warcraft. i can see it being fun but also it's lik wtf?
DotA - Lost to Valve
Diablo - Killed by themselves
Starcraft - hanging on
Warcraft - money generator
that's all they have, they flop SC or Warcraft you can expect this company will have nothing left.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 4/23/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.