Diablo® III

Monk or DH

I've played a monk, I've played a DH. I like both. What is better towards end game, farming, group fights, duels, and generally being funner in the end?
Reply Quote
Monk.
Reply Quote
Monk
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Darkangel
Monk.
Reply Quote
Monk is your answer.

DH is fun, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
They use pretty much the same gear apart from weapons so you can find out as you go along. I like monk more though.
Reply Quote
Monk :)
Reply Quote
Monk... I haven't touched my DH in months... I'm sure I can re-gear and play it but there's no motivation to spend gold and effort into a broken (from nerfs) class >_<...
Reply Quote
Monk is fun and probably have the most diversified built choices.
+ the fastest essence farmer =)
Reply Quote
Monk is better

DH is more fun
Reply Quote
monk, just try to stack physical resistance if u look for OWE gear, so it can be good for your DH as well in case u want to switch later.
Reply Quote
My 2 cents, monk and dh are my favorite classes, and got time to kill...

Let me start with some DH pros seeing how rare they are nowadays:
-For starters, the DH will outrun anyone with a simple vault +tactical advantage, that basic combination gives them a ton of survivability and farming speed very early on.
Only the most hardened and ''spirited'' tempest rush monks can outrun them, and that is only if they can one shot all mobs without stopping.

The ferret companion also makes them ideal for gold farming. Skills like strafe and multishot make rushing and gold runs a breeze, and fun.

Sadly they lack damage in comparison to other classes at higher mp levels, and generally take more effort to survive an elite fight, but a well played DH will have high survivability, to the point where they can take on impossible odds at times.

-The monk has incredible defensive and support ability, and is able to climb mp levels with ease in comparison.
They are also able to ultimately be faster farmers with tempest rush, unlike dh though, this playstyle takes much more effort in terms of gear in my experience, but has higher mp level farming potential.

Many will choose this class for the toughest endgame content, and rightfully so.
I find they also get a subtle advantage with the AH when gearing up, as the ''one with everything'' passive allows them to shamelessly stack a resist of their choice, instead of resist all, which will usually be much cheaper.
Reply Quote
Monk is both fun and powerful.
Reply Quote
if you want to spend billions on gear to struggle with high mps, by all means pick dh
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJG-NsPpq-8

^ Fully explained.
Reply Quote
Play both to farm MP10!

Very different style imo.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 05:20 PMPosted by SWAV
They use pretty much the same gear apart from weapons so you can find out as you go along. I like monk more though.

That is what im doing, apart from a few certain pieces, my DH goes to 250k DPS and my monk goes to 140k DPS. I switch between the 2 when i get bored of playing the other. My favorite class is DH, but as many mentioned above, the Monk is better in higher MPs. Fortunately i can switch between the 2 without hassle
Reply Quote
It's funny how the game has changed over time.

DH used to be the go-to OP class for so long, and Barbs/Monks were just jokes. Then Barbs came slightly ahead but everyone wined so hard about Monks being bad. There was a LOT of hate to Blizzard when they nerfed Seize the Initiative, now look what's happening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]