Diablo® III

Strang Update Loop

I read the sticky at the top and extracted both Agent/Client but I have no folder called ProgramData/Battle.net anywhere on my computer.

Has anybody else had this issue?

This is off a fresh install of Windows on this SSD. Reinstalled Diablo 3 already as well.
Reply Quote
Also the blue post on this doesn't work for me as there is no Battle.net file I can find.
Reply Quote
Badump bump.

The file doesn't exist on my computer. Would really like to play Diablo 3 sometime this week :(.
Reply Quote
So I am just stuck with this after reinstalling twice and still not finding this folder though I've been through every file on my drive. That file in the sticky simply does not exist.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
You are not looking for a battle.net file exactly. You are looking for the DIRECTORY called battle.net which contains the Agent and Client directories. Within those you will find the Agent and Client files referenced in the post. Follow the directions they give you for navigation very carefully. You also have to turn on hidden files or folders. I have XP and followed the guidance in the post without issue although noted that Application Data was faded out...meaning it is normally hidden.

If you still can't find it - use the search feature built into Windows. Mine came up with lots of results for battle.net so be careful to go to the one specified in the sticky!

Another link to consider is this one about patch looping - sometimes it is based on the version of the game you have vs where you are trying to log in to. Worth trying anyway https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-patch-loop-troubleshooting
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)