Diablo® III

New Computer Build.. what you think?

All this to play diablo on max? LOL

And yes, my comment is relevant because you are posting this in the d3 forums...

I dont play D3 much atm, i think i've spent more time posting in the forums the last few days than actually playing the game.

I play a lot of other intensive games (that i wont list here cause blizz get jealous and deletes) that look and play spectacular.
Reply Quote
Hahahaha. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Good one OP, but alas you only get a 9/10.
Reply Quote
For considering dropping $800 on ram, one of the cheapest PC components, I'm inclined to ask what your computer needs are?

Or are you simply trolling the most expensive parts you could find in an attempt to appear of baller status.

Edit: thumbs up for using TigerDirect

It's not a troll at all. I could have gone with quad video cards, but I don't think I'd need it. I also could have done the 3970X processor instead. Also it $800 on ram because its 2400 Mhz 8 GB per stick memory (the 2400 is OC).

Dude this is way over kill for just a gaming console... Sorry.. If you have the money to spend, more power to you.... But this is completely over kill.... Why spend this kind of money when you could spend half of that and not even notice the performance difference?
Reply Quote
This computer should last you 20 years =)
Reply Quote

It's not a troll at all. I could have gone with quad video cards, but I don't think I'd need it. I also could have done the 3970X processor instead. Also it $800 on ram because its 2400 Mhz 8 GB per stick memory (the 2400 is OC).

Dude this is way over kill for just a gaming console... Sorry.. If you have the money to spend, more power to you.... But this is completely over kill.... Why spend this kind of money when you could spend half of that and not even notice the performance difference?

Sure I could wait another year to get that processor, but by then there would be a 12 core (24 thread) processor out. I realize that what I want to build will dominate any game on the market, but the whole point is to build a computer that will take whatever can be thrown at it, not just games. I got a little tired of data transfer rates being slower than my internet. ( http://speedtest.net/result/2614556377.png )

I know what you are thinking (why not just buy a better hard drive), sure I could do that, but there is so much more I have to replace in this current computer that I might as well rebuild. I am still using an old soundcard (X-Fi Elite Pro series from creative, like 6 years old or something). Using a single GTX 460 nvidia card (2gb). Ram is about the only thing that I wouldn't really need to replace. The biggest problem with the computer I am running now, when I ordered the parts, it ended up being a Micro ATX motherboard, even though it didn't say it was. Everything fit just fine, but the biggest problem for me was the way everything was too close together. Causes heat issues.

Basically I wanted to build a computer that will do things at blink of an eye speeds. I know this might not reach that, then again it might. I just get tired of sitting there waiting for some stupid application to load taking longer than 2 mins. I mean take d3 for example. You know after you hit that Play button, and you sit there staring at diablo's face for a good 20 - 30 seconds before the game actually appears, yeah.. I wanna shorten that down to like 2 - 3 seconds tops. Personally I can't stand waiting for something to load. Especially with an external drive connected. I don't know why, but for some odd reason even though I am only accessing stuff on my main hard drive, it has to process through the external as well before it would load that program. Here is a good example of having a high end processor. You ever sat there doing a virus scan or something like it. Maybe malware scan or something, and it takes over an hour to get done? Yeah, be nice to make that a few minutes wouldn't it?

"Sure lets just go with a Pentium 4 single core with hyperthreading, and windows 95!".. that would save me money! Sure the build looks way overkill right now, but just remember after time that will be the average computer build.
Reply Quote
Why oh why would you spend all that money and get a horrid liquid cooling unit. For the amount of money you are spending, you should just build your own loop with high end parts. There are a ton of guides that will walk you through it and you will get much better performance. It will also look better and last longer. Other than that, pretty sweet rig setup.
Reply Quote
With that you will be able to troll so hard on the forums.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 06:24 PMPosted by half3vil
Why oh why would you spend all that money and get a horrid liquid cooling unit. For the amount of money you are spending, you should just build your own loop with high end parts. There are a ton of guides that will walk you through it and you will get much better performance. It will also look better and last longer. Other than that, pretty sweet rig setup.

I'll have to check into that, do you recommend anything in particular?
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 10:10 PMPosted by PrinceVegeta

I'll have to check into that, do you recommend anything in particular?

It's kind of hard to really recommend any one product since there are so many out there to choose from. It all depends on what you want to cool, how much space you have, how easy you want maintenance to be, and ultimately how much you want to spend.

Try looking at: (these should give you a general idea of where to start)
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/18sz1a/beginners_water_cooling_guide/
http://www.overclock.net/t/913181/water-cooling-guide-for-noobs
Reply Quote
imho

i recommend changing the gpu to 2x/3x/4x gtx titans instead
CF is known to cause more micro stutter problems than SLI

as for the case, i'm guessing u like the looks of it? i personally prefer the haf x or cosmos 2

mobo: asus rampage 4 extreme is better imo

ram....oh well, use it as a ram drive if u want haha

last but not least, no matter how much u spend, the rig will still become arguably obsolete in 2 or 3 years
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]