Diablo® III

Hi, MBPr here, game unplayable lag.

The game studders and is laggy even at the lowest possible settings. I have updated to the newest firmware, etc.

Posting my info here:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.3f35

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3688
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]

System Version: OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.3.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 7 days 22:01

I've tried running lowest settings, and I've tried hardware class "0" and I've reset my SMC.

Halp. The game goes from 0 to 45 FPS in pulses. It makes me nauseous in 20 seconds of trying to play. All these other people are having success running D3 on their MBPr, so I'm gonna guess it's something I can fix on my end.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I've reset the SMC again, and it seemed a bit better, but then BHAM, unplayable again. Is Blizzard ever going to address this?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Delslow, have you updated your rMBP's EFI firmware? It was designed to work in conjunction with 10.8.2 and later to alleviate many crash and stutter issues.

Firmware Updates
MacBook Pro Retina EFI Update 1.0
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1591
This update resolves an issue which can cause the system to hang during heavy processor loads, and resolves an issue where NetBoot does not function properly when using an Ethernet adapter.

Note: Once you install this firmware update, you should reset your SMC again to ensure a clean slate to work from.
Edited by TheTias#1192 on 4/24/2013 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]