Diablo® III

1.0.8 Update?

Hey guys, I understand that monster density is something that needs to be balanced, but it seems to be taking longer than what I would expect. This is a change that I am very excited for, and I was just hoping to hear a little update on how the patch is coming along to tide me over.
Reply Quote
Soon
Reply Quote
You can farm more monsters, but the rest is the same. I don't know how you can be so excited for something that trivial. It is indeed a good change but believe me people will still rage about how bad the drops are and that I should buy a boat.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 01:56 PMPosted by soc4real
You can farm more monsters, but the rest is the same. I don't know how you can be so excited for something that trivial. It is indeed a good change but believe me people will still rage about how bad the drops are and that I should buy a boat.
I really like acts 1 and 4. Unfortunately, act 3 is by far the most efficient for leveling and farming, so I've been forced to make that choice until now. I am very excited to play more than act 3. It's a small change, but it is probably one of the most important so far.
Reply Quote
All it does is make more mobs in other acts... Similar to the amount in act 3.. I personally cant vouch as I dont play on the ptr but have heard others talk about it.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Masokyst
All it does is make more mobs in other acts... Similar to the amount in act 3.. I personally cant vouch as I dont play on the ptr but have heard others talk about it.
Yes, but it is an extremely positive change. I've done a bit of PTR and I can say that it is significant.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/23/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Chris
Hey guys, I understand that monster density is something that needs to be balanced, but it seems to be taking longer than what I would expect. This is a change that I am very excited for, and I was just hoping to hear a little update on how the patch is coming along to tide me over.
Development of patch 1.0.8 is well under way, but it includes far more than just mob density changes. If you're curious about all the details, you can find the latest PTR patch notes for patch 1.0.8 here.

We highly encourage players to take part in the patch 1.0.8 PTR and offer us their constructive feedback and bug reports so that we can make patch 1.0.8 the best possible patch it can be before it goes live. That said, we don't have a release date announced for the patch yet, but we're working on it just as quickly as we can. :)
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Development of patch 1.0.8 is well under way, but it includes far more than just mob density changes. If you're curious about all the details, you can find the latest PTR patch notes for patch 1.0.8 [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425564/public-test-realm-patch-108-notes-updated-418-4-18-2013"]here[/url].

We highly encourage players to[url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425563/patch-108-now-available-on-ptr-4-8-2013"] take part[/url] in the patch 1.0.8 PTR and offer us their [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/8443371/"]constructive feedback [/url]and [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/7328696/"]bug reports[/url] so that we can make patch 1.0.8 the best possible patch it can be before it goes live. That said, we don't have a release date announced for the patch yet, but we're working on it just as quickly as we can. :)

I don't care if the patch takes another 2 months as long as DHs get the eDPS buff we sorely need... That rapid fire buff is like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound in the head.
Reply Quote
I don't care if the patch takes another 2 months as long as DHs get the eDPS buff we sorely need... That rapid fire buff is like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound in the head.
Reply Quote
To be honest, this game is close to a year old. The update patches are exciting as is for each of them...

However, I buy the game for enjoying the game and progressing while playing on PTR is kinda a waste of time for consumer like me, who doesn't have 10hrs a day to play...

Please hurry up...ID all and density can be hot-fix anyway...
Edited by ForbiddenAgl#1931 on 4/23/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Development of patch 1.0.8 is well under way, but it includes far more than just mob density changes. If you're curious about all the details, you can find the latest PTR patch notes for patch 1.0.8
Well, I knew that of course. A lot of people see the density changes as the "big" one for 1.0.8.

I appreciate your reply though.
Edited by Chris#1235 on 4/23/2013 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is there any reason why I cannot find the download link in game downloads? I'm in Canada, is that the issue?
Reply Quote
I agree, you guys can take another 2 months if needed, but please fix the demon hunter.we are the most expensive class to gear, but we have a really hard time doing high mp, even with high end gear, please raise the dps on our skills or at least give us back nt or toc....
Reply Quote
Good to know you all are working on the patch 1.0.8 and that you gave us an update. Would be nice if you didn't have to wait until a Tuesday to add it live because that would mean we will have to wait another week and it it is not ready by that Tuesday you have to wait another week even if it is done on the next Wednesday.
Reply Quote
I'm guessing May 7th.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 04:05 PMPosted by danny
I agree, you guys can take another 2 months if needed, but please fix the demon hunter.we are the most expensive class to gear, but we have a really hard time doing high mp, even with high end gear, please raise the dps on our skills or at least give us back nt or toc....

dude, barbs are by far the most expensive class, but surely DH need a huge boost on dmg.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Baadaq

dude, barbs are by far the most expensive class, but surely DH need a huge boost on dmg.

When gold is 5 cents per million the excuse of 'Oh hey my class does about 2-3x your class eDPS, but it's more expensive !!11one' is just a complete and utterly useless statement. DH's need a long overdue rebalance, period.
Reply Quote
lol @ the time its taking for this patch.
Reply Quote
agree with everyone here
the worst class is DH. with monsters density increase, i wonder where is dh going to kite?...LOL
a glass cannon that cant kill fast enough
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]