Diablo® III

Act 3 Keep Depths No Bloodstained Letter

I recently bought the game. I have started playing with the one year anniversary more or less. Ie I started playing with the latest patch.

I am looking at my list of journals and I do not see "Bloodstained letter". It is not under Beastiary, People, World or Quests. I do not think I have ever picked it up given how conscious I was with journals after mid act 1.

My guess is this bug relates to account creation as well since the date is the same as it was when the game was launched in which this item had issues based on what I read. Of course the actual reason could be unrelated.
Reply Quote
50 Pandaren Hunter
YAY!!!!! The problem's been fixed!
Reply Quote
Not for me :/
Reply Quote
50 Pandaren Hunter
Sorry to hear that Neko. I hope it gets fixed soon for you as well
Reply Quote
It's still not working for me as well :(

That is sad if we have to delete characters just to complete achievements.
Edited by Kajer#1497 on 6/1/2013 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i've been playing since the dawn of time (or when D3 launched, whichever came first).. and i still have not got the bloodstained letter.. i really am fed up with bugged item like this bit still i sit here waiting for it to drop..

why can't blizzard just drop a fixed letter in your chest and have done with it ^_^
Reply Quote
I don't think journals count as items. It appears like they are just triggers. I think simply fixing this bug would be a more sustainable solution.

Granted it isn't a priority bug, but it never the less is one.
Reply Quote
lol i must have found this over a thousand times now in the last week. But i got this originally back in the first month of release. Dead bodies. Doesnt matter what level but check All the dead bodies, Every room.
Reply Quote
05/29/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Confuscious
YAY!!!!! The problem's been fixed!

Please explain how the problem was fixed. Did Blizzard fix it for you or did you figure something else out?
Edited by Treshar#1533 on 9/9/2013 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here
Reply Quote
Same problem.

I played today a coop game with my friend. We found Dead Solder body, he checked it and got the book, and I am not.

Hope Blizzard will fix this noughty bag soon (it is about a year since first mention of the bug, heh...).
Reply Quote
Same problem. Only played Act 3 on Normal so far, but I had lots and lots of run (not so many as for Scabbard but still many). It never dropped. European server.
Reply Quote
This happened again with my second character. This should be checked!
This letter (Bloodstained Letter) hasn't dropped for two of my characters, but dropped to two others. What is this? This should be checked!!
Edited by Wanesca#1461 on 10/30/2013 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Up till now, the bloodstained letter still refuses to drop for the achievement.
Reply Quote
Today i tried to claim the Bloodstained letter, searched it, found the "Dead Soldier", clicked it, LETTER DROPPED,......, nothing, achievement remains locked
Edited by Tholo#2721 on 11/1/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Doesn't even drop for me
Reply Quote
The name is Morgan's Corpse.
It also wont drop every time.
He should be just past where the demons come up
Edited by Mayoday#1624 on 1/20/2014 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is my experience:

- My newly created character (created last Jan 2014) always get gold from Dead Soldier
- 2 of my 2 yr old characters (created last May 2012) always get a Bloodstained Letter book
- My wife's 2 yr old character on her account (created last May 2012) always get a Bloodstained Letter book

All said characters (except the new one which was created Jan 2014) has Bloodstained Letter on Lore panel. My latest character doesn't have Bloodstained Letter on my panel and still Dead Soldier always get gold instead.
Edited by ChyrosNX#1301 on 1/31/2014 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Confuscious
i must have the absolute worst luck in the world or my game is actually bugged because it has NEVER dropped for me. it's the only piece of Lore in the ENTIRE game that i have not acquired.

Me too. I've run the Keep Depths probably fifty different times and nothing... :(
Reply Quote
Hey I have been trying forever to get the bloodstained letter. I played the game straight from release and just started playing again, and still no bloodstained letter in the keep depths.

Very anoying.
Edited by MattTersigni#1430 on 4/15/2014 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]