Diablo® III

Do Legend Plans Drop anymore?

I got a Helm of Command recipe sometime before p levels came out. I found it long before I found any actual legendaries, and having no idea how valuable it might be, immediately used it on my blacksmith. To this day, I haven't crafted a single one. Oh well.
Reply Quote
Had 1 drop in Act 1 months ago on my DH now im para100 on my barb and havent seen a single one ever since
Reply Quote
I've had over 8 drops in the last couple of days, they have all been crappy but dropped nonetheless.
Reply Quote
Ive put some time into the game and ive been watching streamers that have put 1000s of hours into game, and have only had 1 to drop.

i have had 0 drop.

are the plans still at the increased drop rate or did the plans get a Nerf?

Yes they drop. Just so rarely that most people will never see one.
I have never seen a legendary BS recipe or any JC recipe drop ever. Does not mean they don't drop. Just means I'm not lucky enough to see one. And the odds are in favour of me never seeing one drop.
Reply Quote
Over 2k hours. None. Ever.
Reply Quote
0 sets in 0-60(3) levels (new HC char). Not a single low lv set item.
0 legends in 0-60(3) levels (new HC char). Not a single low lv legend.
0 legendary crafting plans since... 15th of May.

Quit until itemization patch is released
Reply Quote
0 sets in 0-60(3) levels (new HC char). Not a single low lv set item.
0 legends in 0-60(3) levels (new HC char). Not a single low lv legend.
0 legendary crafting plans since... 15th of May.

Quit until itemization patch is released

Agree
Reply Quote
Were you farming a particular Act when you found this many in just days???

Can you help a Para 100 who hasn't found ONE?

:) You've got the best luck of thousands trying.

FokkeR
Reply Quote
Found only 2 Legendary plan drops in well over 2200 hours of playing.

First one is the Lvl 32 WD mojo called Bitterness. Dropped sometime nearly a year ago. It's a Softcore drop. I occasionally make a few and they do sell but not for much more than the cost of the mats. They can be especially good if they spawn with a socket.

The other dropped recently (2 weeks ago) and it's the lvl 60 Set plan called Sage's Plight consisting of Sage's Gesture, Sage's Journey and Sage's Orbit. This was dropped in Hardcore in a VotA run. Based on mats versus possible outcomes, I doubt I'll try any since they're rather expensive to craft and the set bonus is beyond lacklustre. Might call it pitifuly inadequate instead.

So it appears that if you're lucky, you might expect 1 plan every 1000+ hours.
Edited by Zarkano#1336 on 4/29/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
found one like 100 hours in but it was for a trash legendary.
Edited by David#1201 on 5/10/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Tiakatt
Yes, they're just incredibly rare, probably because one recipe can be used to pump a ton of legendaries out.

Most of them are garbage though. Unless you are finding them in hardcore most plans have been beat out by the newer legendaries, and some of them are still terrible.
Reply Quote
Never seen one in my d3 life.

Plvl100 and all.
Reply Quote
Just got one this week. Trash, of course, but yes they still drop.
Reply Quote
Most of them are crappy anyway. I found mine back in 1.0.3 or 1.0.4 in Tower Act 3 (idk Cursed or Damned) from Goblin, Longshot bow recipe.
Reply Quote
Why dont you buy some?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]