Diablo® III

HotA (Hammer of the Ancients) FAQ

so ive been doing a hota build, and been loving it. Im kinda curious, can this take me into mp10? im in mp7 right now act 3, doing ok but i die on some elites if its a bad combo of annoying traits. I have a really good skorn with about 160k dps when i solo with the scoundrel, but as far as my other gear, i have the entire barbarian set minus the weapon. I find the stats sync up nicely. My big question is, how much resist/armor/hp should i have as a hota barb have? Im approx 600 in resists, 8400 armor, and 40-50k health atm and was thinking of shifting some armor to resists. Any suggestions?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gbux-1905/hero/36470726
Edited by Gbux#1905 on 9/15/2013 3:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
bump - good thread here.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info - awesome information on hota builds ... I will need to revisit the thread a couple of times - as I am technically challenged - but I will learn ... Cheers
Reply Quote
Hi, great thread! I want to make sure I fully understand the idea of proc coefficients. Say for example HotA:Smash, strike a smaller area for 406% weapon damage, so what you're saying is this 406% doesn't occur 100% of the time, and instead only 80%? Isn't that a bit misleading then-_-?
Reply Quote
It means that stuff like life on hit and fury returns from into the fray occur 80% of the time. Most skills in the game have proc coefficients attached to them. In fact, HotA's are among the highest.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 11/30/2013 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 08:38 PMPosted by silverfire
It means that stuff like life on hit and fury returns from into the fray occur 80% of the time. Most skills in the game have proc coefficients attached to them. In fact, HotA's are among the highest.

Hm alright thanks^^.

Ah that explains those 'has a chance' procs lol.
Edited by timoseewho#1824 on 12/1/2013 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Silverfire,
Thaank you for all the info you have posted here and elsewhere. If you can give me any suggestions on my Barb. I presently face farm level 7 with ease 8&9 with a few deaths and 10 I die if I do not dance heavily. My plan is to keep crafting for a better ammy and gloves. I will wait until the release to upgrade my weapons. I have a decent witching hour and IK gloves but find that I need the IK belt on if I do not run with Rend. So any ways feel free to critique if you have the time. Any suggestions will be welcome.
peace out
Reply Quote
Not completely up to date, but quite relevant as a lot of people are building around Hota. Friendly bump for awareness :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]