Diablo® III

The Most Under-Rated Diablo 3 Clone

I'm certain to this day that DarkSpore is the most under-rated Diablo 3 clone. This game was so damn fun it took me 9 months before I was just too OP to keep playing.

The mistake they made in DarkSpore was that they didn't really advertise it. Not too many people knew about it and so it didn't blossom as it could have. I remember thinking "Man, if DarkSpore is this good, imagine what Diablo 3 is going to be."

DarkSpore was a completely original action RPG game. It had a lot of ground breaking ideas that worked well.
Reply Quote
I remember seeing that when it was released.

I remember not giving it a chance because it was made by the people who did Spore. I and all of my friends never played Spore. All of us said the same thing when we learned it wasn't multiplayer "I'm never going to play it".

So I was pretty turned off by that fact.

It doesn't look too bad now, especially compared to D3.

I'm going to look into it more.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 09:20 PMPosted by OneShot
This game was so damn fun it took me 9 months before I was just too OP to keep playing.

How was it too OP? What do you mean?
Reply Quote
Response to Spore: I heard Spore sucked and so people didn't give DarkSpore a chance because of that alone. Totally different games though.

Itemization was 99% perfect. If you make it through a few levels, the bosses have a chance to drop nice legendaries. You can also risk your drops for better drops but if you die, you won't get any drops at all.

Excellent itemization in DS.
Reply Quote
I'm certain to this day that DarkSpore is the most under-rated Diablo 3 clone...
DarkSpore was a completely original action RPG game.

huh?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]