Diablo® III

Can't download patch

Last night I was playing the game fine, but when I woke up this morning to play, I noticed my internet wasn't working. I just recently got my internet connection back, so I tried to load up Diablo and it keeps trying to download a patch (although I haven't heard any news of one) and I'm positive it was completely patched last night.

Anyways, it stays at 0.0% and eventually a box pops up saying: Failed to download required file. Please check your internet connection and try again.
What can I do?
Edited by Apollo#1656 on 4/24/2013 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hello Apollo,

There was a PTR patch yesterday morning, so that's the update you're seeing.

If you're running an Anti-Virus or Firewall program, can you try disabling it and then running the Launcher again?

Alternatively, you could create another admin account on your system and attempt to run the Launcher from there.

If those don't solve the issue, could you please send me a copy of your most recent Battle.net Logs?

This may not result in an immediate fix for your individual issue, but it will go directly towards getting this sort of issue fixed in general. That being said, if we can find anything in the your logs that will help us to better troubleshoot your issue, we will do so.

You can navigate to the folder by following these steps:
· Configure Windows to Show Hidden Files and Folders, as the ProgramData (Application Data for Windows XP) folder is normally hidden.
· Navigate to the folder containing the Battle.net directory:
· Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
· Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\

Then can you attach the log files from the following folders:
c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1637\Logs\
c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1737\Logs\
(If you have it, or the highest incremental number you have.)

And please also include this file as well:
c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db

You can email those as a zip archive to this address: toolsupport@blizzard.com

Please use this line for the subject: [Apollo] [Can't download patch] [8704261008]

After you send those files, you could also attempt to Delete the Battle.net folder and then re-run the Launcher and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

Thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]