Diablo® III

Team Skorn vs Team Dual Wield...The giveaway!

OK gents as you guys all well know we had a showdown a few days ago and as we won I now I have in my possession both sets of gear to give away! This is your chance to win a barb set of your choice worth 1 billion gold!

Sliverfire now has a copy of both sets on the PTR as well:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/silverfire-1855/hero/20514103

We will both be setting up time slots and organizing this event and now that we have 2 copies of the gear we can in theory make this contest go much faster and minimize the risk of the PTR going down mid contest.

If you somehow missed our other challenge:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/856938972

Here is a link to Team Skorns set:
http://d3up.com/b/527747

And Team Dual Wields set:
http://d3up.com/b/525785

And with their VIT amulet
http://d3up.com/b/524293/wayneo

So how are we gonna do this I was wondering then it came to me....We are going to hold tryouts on the PTR! Thats right you want the sets? Then you gotta win them! The contest will run for a week and its simple. Best uber kill time wins the set of their choice on the real realm!

The contest to make it more manageable for those that may be interested I will only require MP8 as the difficulty for you to clear the ubers. You will be given a copy of the gear on the PTR and then you have 24 hours to post your best time. I will ask for a video as proof of your times and you will be held to the same rules we were.

1) the run must be one continuous run no cuts or edits between uber fights

2) you must show your inventory empty except for the contest gear and pan to show contest gear

3) time begins once you enter the 1st portal and ends when the last uber falls

4) you must enter the 1st portal without ANY buffs active and have zero fury, after 1st portal you can go in with whatever buffs you have active and full fury if you have it

5) you will have 24 hours to post your run or you will be disqualified

6) you must have at least 2 stack of NV

7) no follower may be used for this contest

8) you may only enter contest for one set you cannot compete for both

Here is one of my runs for a sample of what I'm looking for in a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKxggK-cJvM&list=UUEhaSKjYn05zAzbkD51e-Aw&index=4

If you need software to record with try this its free:
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

It's simple to use MSI Afterburner to set up recording and I will be more than happy to explain it. All you have to do is after installation is click the settings tab and the bottom of the app under the sliders. Then at the top of the settings page at the top of the window scroll over to the video capture page. One there, you will see a "Video Capture" box simply click in there and press a key you wish to use are your stop/start button for recording. There there is some settings for quality and depending on your PCs limits you will be able to use higher values. but a general rule is to use 75% quality on the quality slider and set frame size to 1/2 frame and leave everything else alone. Doing this will usually allow for a good recording without straining your system too much.

Please post here and state which set you want to compete for. I will update as we add contestants. We need at least 5 contestants for each set, if we get more (and I'm sure we will I will use a random number generator to pick the contestants) The contest will begin this Saturday at 12pm Eastern and I will hand the sets over on the PTR.

OK batting order as has been finalized!

Team Skorn

1) Krispy
2) Aleas
3) Kluno
4) Auron
5) Sphynx

Team Dual Wield

1) BuckRodger
2) LoneHero
3) kaldias
4) Eclipse
5) theyelladart
Edited by Death#1408 on 4/27/2013 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Reserved
Reply Quote
Lol was hoping it was some raffle thing, but this works. I won't be competing because I don't need the; however, that skorn is appealing!

Good luck to all the contestants.
Reply Quote
Throws name in ring for DW set (probably won't win haha -- haven't uber much in the past few months).
Reply Quote
can I sign up for DW? I don't see any qualification details, so I assume anyone can sign up? I am actually trying to win this for a friend who's desperately in need of a good set
Reply Quote
samuiotoko, I would really like it if the contestants involved actually needed the sets, but since the contest is essentially on a level playing field with the same gear it's open to all. I was hoping a barbs honor would prevent them from trying out if they themselves didn't need these sets and give the lesser geared members here and shot at some good gear.
Edited by Death#1408 on 4/24/2013 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Love this idea! Should be lots of fun for those involved!
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Death
samuiotoko, I would really like it if the contestants involved actually needed the sets, but since the contest is essentially on a level playing field with the same gear it's open to all. I was hoping a barbs honor would prevent them from trying out if they themselves didn't need these sets and give the lesser geared members here and shot at some good gear.

alright, in that case I will just stick to his plan of helping build him a 200 mil set, lol, it was worth a try to get a friend a set that actually would easily worth more than 1 bil (I don't think I will ever put that set together with just 1 bil, nived is such a monster in doing that). Given what you said there, I think I am not shameless enough to sign up anymore, lol, so I withdraw

However, I think you want to take different paragon levels into account somehow? a plvl 10 is obviously at disadvantage compare to a plvl 70, that 180 str and 120 vit makes a huge difference, you should use some formula to weight the time by plvl, I know Celanian is very good with coming up with forumlas like that, lol
Edited by samuiotoko#1231 on 4/25/2013 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey, @Death, I am willing to contend, havent decided for which set they are both awesome! XD.

I have one question:
Is it legitimate, for example, to contend for DW set and to use Skorn set to kill ubers on PTR, or if I contend for DW gear I must use DW gear?
Reply Quote
Good points about paragon levels samuiotoko, I will wat and see what kind of contestants we have before i ponder that more. But as this contest isn't aimed at those who already have end game gear I'm hoping regardless of paragon level it will be as even as possible.
Reply Quote
Hey, @Death, I am willing to contend, havent decided for which set they are both awesome! XD.

I have one question:
Is it legitimate, for example, to contend for DW set and to use Skorn set to kill ubers on PTR, or if I contend for DW gear I must use DW gear?

No you must complete the contest in the gear set you are wanting to win. For example if you are competing for Team Skorn's set, you will be give a copy of the set on the PTR to do your challenge in.
Reply Quote
You can try to use gems/gemless to make up for the paragon levels.
Reply Quote
Its not going to be a monumental difference enough to really meaningfully sway the times in either direction. So at the present I'm keeping it simple. Besides we didn't get any handicapping in the official challenge so I'll not be imposing that here either.
Edited by Death#1408 on 4/25/2013 12:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I will contest for Skorn set.

Never copied to PTR, never tried timeruns, never recorded a video, never had video channel, and never posted a video. Great opportunity to learn all this!
Reply Quote
I would like to enter the contest for the skorn set as well. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I knew you guys would come up with an awesome solution to this :) good luck all
Reply Quote
View profile
Awesome idea!
Reply Quote
Damn I'd like to try both sets just to compare my time to yours but I'll leave my spot for someone who needs them more than me.

Good idea to do give the sets away like that, I like to see good gear in the hands of good players.
Reply Quote
This is an awesome idea! Were I not on vacation and confined to macbook until monday I would definitely throw my hat into the ring. What an awesome way to keep the spirit of the competition alive and best of luck to all fighters. Prove your worth!!
Reply Quote
I love it :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]