Diablo® III

Team Skorn vs Team Dual Wield...The giveaway!

@Death you aren't getting the response you expected partly for the reason Morpheus outlined - that the people this giveaway is aimed at have little or no experience with soloing Ubers, let alone on mp10.

Also I think it takes a certain personality to record one's efforts and publish them. Top players like yourself have the necessary confidence, but not everyone does. I'd be cautious about showing everyone my poor technique, and I have more experience and better gear than those whom this is aimed at.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that the nature of the challenge is going to cut down the number of people who'll attempt it.

First of all I'm not requiring MP10 if you read the opening post I clearly state only MP8 is what I would need and 2nd this is aimed at helping people learn. I'm not expecting lightning quick times or flawless technique all I'm expecting is an effort and a want to get better at the game.

@ Joon all yu have to do is DL the PTR and and have a set of machines ready to go for your run. Please read the opening post as I also tell you about free software with which to record your run.
Edited by Death#1408 on 4/25/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Death

I think gooball's just putting up an explaination as to why sign up is not as fast as expected, people are a bit shy. I think everyone agrees it's a great idea mate :). And I think once the guys out there have some time to think about it, you won't have any issues with sign on.

Still have to give u that mace mate.
Reply Quote
Hi Death

I think gooball's just putting up an explaination as to why sign up is not as fast as expected, people are a bit shy. I think everyone agrees it's a great idea mate :). And I think once the guys out there have some time to think about it, you won't have any issues with sign on.

Still have to give u that mace mate.

Lemme know when you're available to get on the PTR. Last night was just far to late for me to stay up had I tried to wait :P
Reply Quote
Any guide how to use MSI Afterburner?
Reply Quote
so it is tomorrow right? When can we get the gear to pratice?
Reply Quote
@ Death

I went on when I got home and saw that I missed you by 30min :).

@ kluno

I think Death plans it to be run over the course of the week so you'll have lots of time.
Reply Quote
I hope the PTR lasts long enough to get all the trials in....

EDIT: On second thought though, they never shut the PTR down, do they? Even after patch release? That may be another reason there is lack of participation....not everyone is on the PTR.

Good idea with the gear though.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 4/25/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Wayneold and everyone

The PTR is free. All you need to do is download the clent, it uses all your same account details :)
Edited by Morpheus#6524 on 4/25/2013 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Wayneold and everyone

The PTR is free. All you need to do is download the clent, it uses all your same account details :)

Yeah, I realize that and I was on it, but it takes a while to d/l initially, and not everyone chooses to go through the trouble.....
Reply Quote
Hi

I'd like to contest for Skorn Set!!!
Edited by markNana#1917 on 4/25/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They do shutdown PTR after patch release, so if they release patch coming Tuesday, PTR will be down after.
Reply Quote
markNana, can I get your skorn or the give away skorn after you win the skorn set?
Reply Quote
Hi

I was hoping a barbs honor would prevent them from trying out if they themselves didn't need these sets and give the lesser geared members here and shot at some good gear.

Sigh, guess not.
Reply Quote
oh... no...

Well, I am just interested in few items.... such has SOJ

I was going to give away other items.. I don't need..

T T;;
Reply Quote
Hi

I was hoping a barbs honor would prevent them from trying out if they themselves didn't need these sets and give the lesser geared members here and shot at some good gear.

Sigh, guess not.

@Mark

U joking right?!!!
Reply Quote
@Death
Due to time zone difference, I was wondering if you could slot me in to get the set on PTR on Saturday @ around 7:00 PM PDT / 10:00 PM EDT? Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in 6 - 8 attempts before I return the set to you at around 10:00 PM PDT (Saturday) / 1:00 AM EDT (Sunday).

May I suggest we do the challenge with no follower?

Also, it might add to the "suspense" if our Youtube links are mailed to the organizers. We won't know what is the time to beat, and there won't be too much of a disadvantage for those who are made the attempts earlier. Winners and link to the vids will be posted by the organizers once everything is done.
Reply Quote
First of all, and I should've said this earlier-- this is an amazing idea and a great effort to make a fun game even more fun. Nice work Death!

Secondly-- I don't think I can participate as I am not sure that I can record the game while playing.
I'm on a 3 year old iMac and running D3 now requires me to shut off any heavy software...
Reply Quote
@ LoneHero It's simple to use MSI Afterburner to set up recording and I will be more than happy to explain it. All you have to do is after installation os click the settings tab and the bottom of the app under the sliders. Then at the top of the settings page at the top of the window scroll over to the video capture page. One there, you will see a "Video Capture" box simply click in there and press a key you wish to use are your stop/start button for recording. There there is some settings for quality and depending on your PCs limits you will be able to use higher values. but a general rule is to use 75% quality on the quality slider and set frame size to 1/2 frame and leave everything else alone. Doing this will usually allow for a good recording without straining your system too much.

@ markNana, I will hold your request in consideration to join the contest as I was really hoping those that really need the set would be the ones competing for it. I will discuss this internally with my team.

@ Eclipse, yes I am more than willing to work with everyone's schedule involved so that we can all find the best times to coordinate and make this work.

@ Joon I'm not sure what apps you have available for Mac but MIS Afterburner is a very lightweight tool that doesn't consume many resources at all. If you would like to join the fun perhaps a little more exploration on your part would be in order?

@ Everyone, I'm planning on starting the competition this Saturday at around 12pm Eastern time (tentatively) and letting it run till Thursday with each contestant getting 24 hours with the set to lay down their time.

I am planning on randomly selecting the batting order for the contestants as no one every wants to go 1st in a timed even like this using a random number generator is the only fair way to determine who's got the last and most desirable slot.
Reply Quote
Free bump. It's 1b set giveaway people!!
Reply Quote
@Death. I would like to go first since it is Saturday and Sunday, if it is week days, I will be at work on 12:00 pm and will have only maybe 2 hour at night to do the whole thing.

Also how are you going to get the gear transfer between contestants on weekdays when some of us has to work and only free at night time?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]