Diablo® III

isn't this what you've been asking for from your belove

First off, I'm no POE fanboy by any means.. I've recently just started playing the game because I've become so bored and tired of D3. D3 was FUN, don't get me wrong.. But this lame explanation for a patch has become too much.. I will continue to look back at what Blizz is doing and when new content/itemization is coming, but more monster density just isn't enough. If you haven't tried POE yet, I strongly suggest you do. If you call yourself a D2 hardcore fan and are too stubborn to try POE, then you are sadly missing out on a great experience. Before all the hate comes, PLEASE just take a moment and read this..

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70478

"We also want the metagame to change over time. We aren’t looking to find some perfect balance and then call it done. We are going to be adding skills and items and changing things for a long time to come. We will be giving you more interesting interactions. There will be theorycrafting fuel for years." - My God, is that refreshing or what?!?!

Isn't this what you've been asking for from your beloved D3 developers???

Btw Blizz, notice I didn't use any capital letters in my title??? :p
Edited by Knightmare#1922 on 4/25/2013 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Been a gold supporter for long enough, and far enough back into closed beta, that i just want to point out - browse the forums. Its not all peaches and rose petals over that way.

Its to bad really, the game had huge potential, but seems to be slowly sinking itself.
Reply Quote
Been a gold supporter for long enough, and far enough back into closed beta, that i just want to point out - browse the forums. Its not all peaches and rose petals over that way.

Its to bad really, the game had huge potential, but seems to be slowly sinking itself.

Yeah I have heard this as well. D3 is a great game, people just wanna cry about everything. There are still lots of things to do. Log on and do a few act 3 strafe leveling runs or whatever, surf the ah for upgrades, do a few mp10 loot farming runs with friends, do some ubers, log off and call it a night. Perfect for my lifestyle of having a full time job, girlfriend, hockey, and gaming a few hours a night.
Reply Quote
Honestly I tried playing PoE for a while and it is fun because it is a new game. But it slowly becomes more and more apparent that you basically are limited in your builds considering the huge passive skill system and you don't find that out until you are at a very high level.

When I came back to D3 about a month ago I honestly have not had more fun playing this game and it really makes you see how good of a job that Blizzard did on the game play. Hopefully with itemization changes the game will get a little better but so far having a ton of fun!!!
Reply Quote

Uh, and what game have you ever played where the forums aren't mostly filled with people making criticisms and complaining about something?

PoE isn't for everyone and one doesn't have to like it just because they were a fan of D2. However, regardless of whether someone likes PoE or not there is no denying that GGG crushes Blizz's D3 dev team when it comes to making timely updates and adding content.
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Hackuseme
regardless of whether someone likes PoE or not there is no denying that GGG crushes Blizz's D3 dev team when it comes to making timely updates and adding content.

I agree, fully. GGG dev team is very active, and constantly pushing updates.

That said, adding new content endlessly, and not addressing the issues of previous additions, can lead to catastrophic ends.

I wont bother getting into a deep discussion, as theres a place for that over in POE land, but any fan of POE (ofc im a fan, especially GGGs ethics), can clearly see it has issues.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/25/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Homicyde
regardless of whether someone likes PoE or not there is no denying that GGG crushes Blizz's D3 dev team when it comes to making timely updates and adding content.

I agree, fully. GGG dev team is very active, and constantly pushing updates.

That said, adding new content endlessly, and not addressing the issues of previous additions, can lead to catastrophic ends.

I wont bother getting into a deep discussion, as theres a place for that over in POE land, but any fan of POE (ofc im a fan, especially GGGs ethics), can clearly see it has issues.

I wouldn't label any of the problems PoE has as potentially catastrophic. Look at games like Runescape. Built on the success of an early entry into F2P market it is still going despite all its obvious long term flaws.
Reply Quote
Well, this thread will disappear quickly, but I'll throw down my 2c worth. D3 is a decent game. They really focused on things that people didn't want to do alot, like pick up gold, click to have items sold; no more drag and drop, (although D2 did this too). Amazing graphics for this type of game. And, of course, a mountain of potential to be an amazing game. Execution has been very lacking and I agree these patches, which are taking forever, give almost nothing.

POE. Sorry, I don't like the top down view, they need to focus it a bit over, the view is perfect when zoomed in, but then, you can't see anything. Movement is slow (everything) to start with, just like diablo. Its inventory tetris all over again, with limited carrying space on your character. You have to drag and drop items to move to stash or sell. Its like D2, very much like D2 (which is good, bad, depends on some things) If you die, you start back in town, so you might have a long !@# walk unless you threw a TP. No AH, so old school trading (I prefer). There seems to be some server lag, as my character will jump a bit every now and then. Graphics are definitely darker. So far the quests have been pretty underwhelming.

As for the character development: You can upgrade "runes" (little gems, I dunno what they are called), you can select a few paths you want your character to excel in. There are respec's, but it wouldn't really matter after a while, because you'd be so far down a path, removing a few isn't going to help much. I like it, because when you level up, you get to assign skills. Haven't done much party playing, so can't comment there.
Reply Quote
Bronze supporter here as well with a cutie kiwi pet.

I prefer melee class in all the games I play and love to take screenshots in glamorous armor.

Non existence in PoE. Sorry not my cup of tea.
Reply Quote
Just cant get used to the gameplay, even D2 was more smooth and had more action...

But for a indie game its pretty awesome, still - i dont play it (might try again once its out of beta)
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Knightmare
If you call yourself a D2 hardcore fan and are too stubborn to try POE, then you are sadly missing out on a great experience.

Played D2 for over 11 years. Played PoE seriously for about 6 months. It doesn't remotely compare to D2, and I recently came back to D3.

"We also want the metagame to change over time. We aren’t looking to find some perfect balance and then call it done. We are going to be adding skills and items and changing things for a long time to come. We will be giving you more interesting interactions. There will be theorycrafting fuel for years." - My God, is that refreshing or what?!?!

It is what we want, but that quote is misleading. 99% of what they have been adding is very poorly designed/tested/implemented. The game is becoming a complete mess, and the playerbase is on the downslope already.

PoE is being developed exactly like every other F2P game, regardless of what the devs claim they are doing. They are pushing out as much content as possible, as lazily/cheaply as possible. They are leaving critical issues for unreasonable amounts of time. They are leaving many skills/equipment useless for months on end. At least they are pushing out mountains of microtransactions though amrite?

Also, the majority of features in PoE look complicated on the outside, but once you play the game seriously, they are all rather shallow. The end result is extremely simple builds where you just end up pushing 2-3 buttons over and over. Maps sound nice, but you really just run the exact same things over and over. Sound familiar? The difference is that the flow of combat is much slower and clunkier then D3.

I don't want Blizzard to do anything remotely similar to GGG. I expect AAA quality updates, not rushed poorly tested clusterf*&%s every week.
Edited by Magnicon#1166 on 4/25/2013 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Movement is slow (everything) to start with, just like diablo. Its inventory tetris all over again, with limited carrying space on your character. You have to drag and drop items to move to stash or sell. Its like D2, very much like D2 (which is good, bad, depends on some things) If you die, you start back in town, so you might have a long !@# walk unless you threw a TP.

I felt the same way when I first played the game, and I actually stopped playing it. However, I've become so bored with D3 that I gave POE another chance and Im loving it. For me, I am looking for a game to become submerged in, not something that I will play for an hour and call it a night. I completely understand that some people just want something they can enjoy for a little.. Some people are busy and need something to escape to for a hour of enjoyment.. and I think that's what Blizzard went for with this game, that kind of audience.. The console audience where they buy a $60, play for a week, and call it quits.. And I understand that too.. It's business.. But IMHO, that's not what POE developers wanted.. And to me, thats refreshing!

BTW, you gain movement speed in POE as you level (just like any other game).. And you can hold in CTRL and click a piece of armor/weapon to transfer from inventory to stash.. No more dragging (I just learned this today actually! haha).. But seriously man, I felt the same way you do, slow combat, couldnt get used to it.. But give it another shot if you up to it, once you get so bored of D3 that you have no other choice! haha I think youll like it...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
PoE is fun and stuff, but it has less end game then D3, the end game there is making alts..
Reply Quote
PoE fanboy checking in.

Yes it is great.

The people who say "builds are limited" in PoE are being ridiculous.

The builds are non existent here in D3 land, everything revolves around dps output.

In PoE that isn't the case. While Health reigns supreme, it still allows for different ways to play.

Of course, health is also supreme because PoE is actually hard. (in comparison to D3). If it was faceroll, yeah of course you could forego defensive stats.

I absolutely love it.

LOL PoE is hard, I beat that game in 2 weeks. It took me over a month to clear Diablo on Inferno upon release. Diablo used to be harder than PoE but now.........

On the other hand when my Marauder was geared PoE was no challenge at all, he was much like playing a HotA Barb just spamming the same skill over and over for God Mode.
Reply Quote
reported for advertisement and ignored.
Reply Quote
It is what we want, but that quote is misleading. 99% of what they have been adding is very poorly designed/tested/implemented. The game is becoming a complete mess, and the playerbase is on the downslope already.

PoE is being developed exactly like every other F2P game, regardless of what the devs claim they are doing. They are pushing out as much content as possible, as lazily/cheaply as possible. They are leaving critical issues for unreasonable amounts of time. They are leaving many skills/equipment useless for months on end. At least they are pushing out mountains of microtransactions though amrite?

Also, the majority of features in PoE look complicated on the outside, but once you play the game seriously, they are all rather shallow. The end result is extremely simple builds where you just end up pushing 2-3 buttons over and over. Maps sound nice, but you really just run the exact same things over and over. Sound familiar? The difference is that the flow of combat is much slower and clunkier then D3.

I don't want Blizzard to do anything remotely similar to GGG. I expect AAA quality updates, not rushed poorly tested clusterf*&%s every week.

I am literally sitting here scratching my head going over your criticisms of PoE (mostly valid) in the context you came back to D3 and are playing a WW Barb.
Reply Quote
LOL PoE is hard, I beat that game in 2 weeks. It took me over a month to clear Diablo on Inferno upon release. Diablo used to be harder than PoE but now.........

On the other hand when my Marauder was geared PoE was no challenge at all, he was much like playing a HotA Barb just spamming the same skill over and over for God Mode.

No ARPG is 'hard' in the sense the fights are skillfully challenging and characters can usually always out gear content, which was even true of the original Inferno difficultly. However, the clear difference between D3 and PoE in their difficultly was in the progression of one character. In D3 progression exists only in gear and eventually devolves into miniscule and meaningless stat upgrades. In PoE there is at least a ladder and pursuit of higher levels that becomes harder and harder to achieve while the penalty proportionate to your time invest becomes harsher and harsher.

In other words any idiot can get level 60, beat inferno, and get Paragon 100. Even wealth to buy the gear for mp10 will eventually come. In PoE getting low to mid 90s even on default takes making the right choices in character build design and gear development, efficient and careful play, and intelligent use of one's wealth.
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Magnicon
If you call yourself a D2 hardcore fan and are too stubborn to try POE, then you are sadly missing out on a great experience.

Played D2 for over 11 years. Played PoE seriously for about 6 months. It doesn't remotely compare to D2, and I recently came back to D3.

You are complaining of a company who really is developing a game that is actualy on beta (unfinished) stage and saying that you dont want Blizzard to do anything remotly similar to GGG? expecting AAA quality updates??? HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats the biggest joke i have ever heard in years
are you serious? hope NOT! lollllllll
At least they try hard to fix what they have and still adding content... blizzard takes an absurd time to just fix things that PLAYERS KNOWS they are BROKEN and still they are way TOO lazy to fix it, Blizzard looks like the Treents of lords of the Rings, even at the heat of the battel they were going to deliver what actions to take, meaning it would take a crazy load of time to, and not really having a second to do it so!
leave the stupid proud aside and take the veil out of your eyes, dont defend blizzard
i was a Blizzard lover BEFORE D3, after D3 i realised the true nature of them, AT LEAST GGG has balls and are NOT lazy like Blizzard is.
PofE is 1000% better than D3, i really wish D3 was as good as PofE, i really want to like D3, i just cant, i try hard, but cant, is playing the same maps over and over again, killing the same mobs over and over again with nothing new patch after patch, and the patches only add a buch of fixes (and breaks other things forsure) and not to mention not randoms maps at all...
at least PofE is a freash breath, D3 is not, just the same vicious smell of smoke over and over again all day long
Reply Quote
You call it lame adding in things like increasing the density of monsters in inferno. Now we will be able to farm anywhere we want, instead of being tied to Act 3. The Key Warden in Act 4 will be able to drop keys. So that is great for those that like Act 4.

Next the identify all and craft all is lame. Okay I guess you like taking a lot of time identifying items and crafting items.

What about the social features added in. Which includes the improvements to coop play. I would not call any of them lame.

Look they are taking their sweet time with the itemization changes because they want to get it done right the first time around. Otherwise we would have to wait for the changes to itemization over many patches instead of possibly only one or two at tops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]