Diablo® III

Live VS PTR Split Screen Monster Density Video's!

Hey guys! For people that dont know me, I'm Rakunvar ;P

I stream on Twitch.tv and am a Multiboxer, me and InigoMontoya/Datmodz/Rober/Cro etc etc are always hanging out in Mumble and of course streaming. Feel free to visit any and all of my locations! I do also try to stream from a different location each time.

(No I dont get any money from youtube or streaming atm. I am trying to eventually, due to my health issues.)

I made a few new videos I wanted to share with you all!!

1.07 LIVE vs 1.08 PTR Split Screen Monster Density Changes!
END OF THE VIDEOS HAS THE MONSTERS KILLED COUNT!

~ACT 1~

Area's cleared: Fields of Misery: Festering Woods: Leoric's Hunting Grounds: Pony Land:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43ugJYphGA

Area's cleared: Weeping Hollow: The Lyceum: Cathedral level 1/2: MUCH SHORTER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kr1fGpRLI

~ACT 2~

Area's cleared: Black Canyon Mines: Dahlgur Oasis: Desolate Sands: Vile Cavern's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Co0qFV2ic

Anyhow, please stop by guys! I'll be doing more Vid's soon! I did make a Video about my IRL issues as well so people know I'm not "Zilian-ing"it up. Thanks everyone ! (Also, please don't just come on here to yell about Multiboxing etc.. Trying to help people here and I'm not botting.)
Edited by Phoenix#1229 on 4/26/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL you stood in one spot shooting at nothing for at least 1 minute in the 1.07 screen... this is biased!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We appreciate the monster density video comparisons between patch 1.0.7 and the patch 1.0.8 PTR, but this thread is a better fit for our Gamplay Videos and Streams section, so I'm going to go ahead and move it there. :)
Reply Quote
It's more but it seems very underwhelming watching it. Did it feel very different while you were playing?
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 04:19 PMPosted by ZeroAffex
The person who made this video is totally biased.. On the patch 1.07 screen, watch!! He just sits there and fires off skills at nothing... doing this several times throughout the video, its obvious that the poster made this comparison in favor of 1.08 but if you look, its a scam.. Sad because this hurts Blizzard more than it does good.

It's called multiboxing and it's the best way they could have done the video.
Reply Quote
Um... This was used with Isboxer/Multiboxing and yes at times I had to stand still on one and get the other character into the correct position to try to even them out.. Nothing is skewed by me standing in a spot.. Trying to balance 2 characters in AT THE SAME TIME, on TWO different SERVERS, is not exactly easy... Nor is my gear very good at all..

These test results were for 1 run of each area, again nothing is skewed by me standing still.. These were not timed. At the end of the run I counted from my profile on kills and I covered as much area as I could...

Unless there's something I am misunderstanding from what your explaining... The results are as they stand, and yes I did spend a lot of time doing this. I will be doing more with more results as well, like elite count. AGAIN though, understand that these characters were played at the SAME time, on one screen, but different servers

@Vaelflare Thank you, my apologies! I'll be doing more soon!

@Eratosthenes Thanks as well! You fully understand how the multiboxing worked with this. I certainly did not want to just record 2 separate screens at different times.
Edited by Phoenix#1229 on 4/23/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We appreciate the monster density video comparisons between patch 1.0.7 and the patch 1.0.8 PTR, but this thread is a better fit for our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/8705194/"]Gamplay Videos and Streams section[/url], so I'm going to go ahead and move it there. :)
I'm sure the reason this was posted in General instead of Gameplay and Videos is because no one will EVER see this thread in that (or this, if the topic is already moved) section.

Oh well, a good topic gone to waste *shrug*
Reply Quote
~ACT 1~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wpt3HRJgvc

~ACT 2~

Whats the difference from left to right side?
More mobs on the left side?
Reply Quote
~ACT 1~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wpt3HRJgvc

~ACT 2~

Whats the difference from left to right side?
More mobs on the left side?
I hope that's sarcasm. L2Read. Right side is 1.08 PTR, ie. more monsters on the right.
Reply Quote
@ZzezZ Thanks a ton for the support :P Yea always forget this thread is here.. Plus yea no one comes here.... I'll add more info next time and such and maybe they wont move it ;p

@Darkness Yea Left side of the screen is LIVE 1.07 Server and Right is PTR 1.08. They are played at the exact same time.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I wouldn't have saw it, but thankfully I follow Blizz Employee posts so was led here by the tracker. Well done on the video's. I agree multi-boxing was the best way to show the difference between the two(No matter how much I actually dislike multi-boxing). Nice video's. I don't play PTR since I'm recently restarting and need to spend time re leveling chars, so it's nice to see the changes.

I still can't believe multiple people said these video's were a scam instead of just noticing how it was recorded. Epic face palm.
Edited by Hythloth#1307 on 4/23/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting videos and an excellent use for multiboxing. I have to say that, at least visually, the A1 changes are fairly underwhelming. Fields of Misery has a nice bump, though.

The A2 changes definitely looked more significant overall. WOW at Dahlgur Oasis, it is so much better. Black Canyon Mines wasn't too bad before but that looks better too. Is it just me, or did it seem like equal, if not more mobs in Desolate Sands? That area was very underwhelming.

I hope there will be more changes before the patch goes live. This comparison is definitely showing some nice changes but even more areas that need work.
Edited by TheMaster627#1815 on 4/23/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do you also use loot alert like InigoMontoya does? lol
Reply Quote
@TheMaster627 and @Hythloth- Thanks for the support! It was a somewhat crude count of monsters but fairly informative I thought. I will do more and get better results with more info about elites and Act 4 specifically.

Feel free to post any thoughts or ideas! Hoping I can really start helping the Diablo community once more! I did have a laugh at the "scam and Biased" reply's lol.. I just marked em as trolls ;P
Reply Quote
The first video, 1.07 is on MP0, and 1.08 is on MP1...
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 05:43 PMPosted by lyricaldevil
The first video, 1.07 is on MP0, and 1.08 is on MP1...

your point mob density doesn't increase in mp1 in 1.07 as far as I know

edit these vids make me sad needs to be more monsters imo (plus more elites)

good work thou
Edited by baggins#6187 on 4/23/2013 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@lyrical-I'll look into the vid again I may have opps and added the wrong Vid section while working on these... Been doing this for awhile now.... My apologies if I did.

@baggins-As far as I've seen/heard MP1-10 has the same density atm. Although a cool idea would be to have MP affect how much density there is. I'll also look into this more :)
Reply Quote
DELETE
Edited by Phoenix#1229 on 4/24/2013 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good work. The kills in Whimsy are a bit disappointing I hope that gets fixed. There's no way that can be their intent for live 1.08 considering you got more kills in the current patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]