Diablo® III

Enough Lore left for an expansion?

So do you guys think there is enough Lore left to come up with to make an expansion? Looking back at the story I kind of felt like they meant for this to be the last installment of the series. What do you guys think..Expansion or no Expansion?
Reply Quote
I know that it is bad forum manners to link your own thread in other peoples' buuuut... seems like the best option right now. Check the post I made a few days ago about this very subject. It should give you all the answers you seek!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569110155
Reply Quote
u bet
Reply Quote
There's lots of content for the expansion story:
- Hunting Adria
- Rescuing Leah's soul
- Possibly dealing with Imperious
- The emergence (or re-forming) of Tathamet
- Seeing other parts of Sanctuary

... and much more.
Reply Quote
EXAMPLE: - West March - and have certain objective that require the Templar to be your follower since he is from there.
Reply Quote
hunt down that !@#$ adria
Reply Quote
Let's not forget Trang'Oul and the Necromancers. The Balance has shifted towards the light. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next expansion we get to battle angels instead. Personally, I'd like to "humble" Imperius, but that's me.
Reply Quote
There's Azmodan's 5 generals that we never met yet.
Reply Quote
there's Imperius, who is wounded by diablo. Who knows? He may be corrupted by diablo through his wound and may become the new host for him. Also, adria lives on. Diablo still needs her.

Also, possible rebirth of tathamet, if possible.
Reply Quote
There's lots of content for the expansion story:
- Hunting Adria
- Rescuing Leah's soul
- Possibly dealing with Imperious
- The emergence (or re-forming) of Tathamet
- Seeing other parts of Sanctuary

... and much more.

Can't rescue Leah's soul. It was already said that it's gone. Destroyed by Diablo. If you play as a WD he or she says that the spirits cannot find her.
Reply Quote
I still want to know who give the paladins the plans for the weapons to fight angels and why.
Reply Quote
Plenty of lore.

There's 5 of Azmodan's lieutenants we haven't met yet.
An archangel is missing if I am not mistaken.
There are still loose ends to tie up with the followers' plots.

There's also plenty of Sanctuary we have yet to see in any game (we haven't visited the regions most of the characters from D2 and 3 are from, and there's more beyond those). THere's also outside sanctuary. Though We've seen hell twice and Heaven once, we haven't really seen Pandemonium (and no the D2 act IV town doesn't count)

We know little about the fates of the heroes who defeated the Prime evils two decades ago (read: D2 player characters)
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 12:00 AMPosted by xNYROx
So do you guys think there is enough Lore left to come up with to make an expansion? Looking back at the story I kind of felt like they meant for this to be the last installment of the series. What do you guys think..Expansion or no Expansion?
Unresolved stuff:

Dirgest's gem
Adria is missing
Leah and Deckard Cain are dead
Kormac's Templar Order wishes to march on the heavens, and the opportunity is ripe, with the heavens just seiged
Black Soulstone shards not destroyed, and now also missing
Scoundrel follow up in kingsport
The ex-arch angel of wisdom is STILL missing

Just to name a few.
Edited by CulixCupric#1860 on 6/3/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Threats that come to mind: Inarus who is still trapped in hell, Malthael who's missing (He went mad because the worldstone was stolen from him), Adria (She still has some rol to perform), Imperius (He is an idiot).There are even more things that have already been mentioned. (Sorry about my English).
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Jurikuer
Can't rescue Leah's soul. It was already said that it's gone. Destroyed by Diablo. If you play as a WD he or she says that the spirits cannot find her.

But that's exactly why she can be saved! Her soul doesn't seem to have passed on to the unformed land.
Reply Quote
Hello,

I think there are more than enough Lore opportunities for an expansion. But beyond the NEXT event (following Diablo's destruction), there are many potential events within the time-frame of the existing game. I talked about this briefly on another thread.

Basically, the Hero (and his companions, numbering at least 8 (followers and artisans, Leah, Adria and Tyrael--although not all together at all times) travel from Tristram to Caldeum, and then to Bastion's keep. Essentially, they traveled around the world over the span of what is minimally weeks, but probably months. There are MANY opportunities for things to have happened in that time frame.

I use the Thieves' Guild example a lot. They vowed to find you. Who is to say that they didn't ambush you on your way from Tristram. Clearly, the NPCs developed some sort of relationship with the Hero and each other, each with their own motivations. So many opportunities there.

So, what I'm saying is that the game has no only Linear (forward) expansion opportunities, but lateral expansion opportunities as well. They build all of this into the story, and while I have no idea whether that was intended as an expansion point or not, I think it is a prime opportunity.

It's like this: "Yeah, we're out saving the world, but stuff comes up" That "incidental" stuff can weave into the overall story. Perhaps Belial hears about them coming, and sends agents to throw them off course. Kormac's vows force him to go off on a side-quest and the Hero helps him. Eirena hears about one of her supposedly dead sisters and needs to find out if they are also alive. Etc.
Reply Quote

I don't think that they intend to eliminate Cain and also his successor in a single game.
Edited by Bfler#2867 on 6/8/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
05/09/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Desenova
Let's not forget Trang'Oul and the Necromancers. The Balance has shifted towards the light. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next expansion we get to battle angels instead. Personally, I'd like to "humble" Imperius, but that's me.

Yes the Balance has shifted.

"Because the Light and the Darkness balance each other," Taramis said. "Any time power is passed into this world from the Light or the Darkness, a balance must be made. Demons come into this world, and a means of defeating them is also created. If the Light tries to upset the balance by introducing an object of power that can be used against the Darkness, the powers of Darkness intercede to make the balance whole again. Ultimately, the true threat to the balance, whether the Light or the Darkness has the greater power in our world, is left up to us. The people. Just as when the Prime Evils appeared in this world during the time that came to be known as the Dark Exile, the Angel Tyrael gathered the magi, warriors, and scholars in the East and formed the Brotherhood of the Horadrim. Those people would never have come together with such power if the demons had not been loosed in our world. If Tyrael had tried to do this before the Prime Evils had arrived here, Darkness would have found a means to strike a balance."
Edited by DesmondTiny#1969 on 6/26/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
And do you all rember The Lord Of Greed ? mabye we could kill him to ?
Reply Quote
or greed that demon dude that the gold goblins work for
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]