Diablo® III

Propose new monster affixes :)

*Impenetrable: Reduce all incoming damage by 25%. In addition, you cannot go through this unit (TR, WW, Spirit Walk, etc.)

*Resilient: The duration of impairing effects are reduced by 90%

*Eternal: Whenever a minion, elite or champion with the Eternal affix dies, it will revive after 3 seconds. Eternal monsters can revive multiple times, until all minions, elites or champion has been slain at least once. When all monsters have died at least once, all monsters of that pack will die and drop loots.

*Fanatic: The Fallen Shaman can now transform a nearby Fallen into a Fallen Maniac (There's a transformation animation --- so you actually have the time to focus it down or get away), The Fallen Shaman also gain the ability to REVIVE Fallen comrades, including Fallen Overseer, Fallen Hound and Fallen Manic.

*Ghostly: Monsters with the Ghostly affix now has no collision size, meaning that either you or the monster can move through each other. However, whenever you, or the monster, go through each other, you will suffer minor damage and will have your movement speed reduced.

*Meteor Shower: Much like Belial's "poison explosion" (like Meteor for the Morlu Incinerator or the Wizard's Meteor), the Meteor Shower will mark the random locations of where it will land. It deals heavy initial damage and minor damage over time (for the fire that remains on the ground).

*Lifeless: Can only spawn on Undead monsters. Life on Hit and Life Steal effects are reduced by 75% against those Undead monsters.

*Conversion: Can only Spawn on Rare packs, not Champion packs. The Elite pack will periodically convert a nearby "non-minion" monster into "minion". The "minion" will gain his affixes (if possible).

Edit: Some new, some modified:

*Vortex: A large and visible ball of energy appears in a target location (The AoE is visible). The ball of energy will detonate after 1.5 seconds, sucking in every units it damaged to the middle of the area. The detonation deals moderate damage (this also means if you dodge the damage, you will not be sucked in).

*Jailer: Much like Diablo's Bone Prison, Jailer will mark random location around the unit. After 2 seconds, units standing in the AoE will be jailed --- rendering them unable to move. Jailed units take more damage.

*Hardened Skin: Attacks that would make this unit lose more than X% of its maximum HP are instead reduced by half.

*Dampening Field (Anti-melee version of the Dampening Missile): Units inside the Field have their movement speed reduced by 50%. Crowd Control immunity units will still be affected by the field. Can only Spawn on Rare packs and melee units.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 5/1/2013 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So long as we have affixes on gear that counters these affixes then I think this is a great idea.

Possessed: Causes a player to attack other players for 5 seconds for 50% damage.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 4/24/2013 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
* Current affixes:

Arcane Enchanted - Arcane resistant and anyone standing on pivot is knocked back.
Electrified - Lightning resistant.
Frozen - Cold resistant, Monsters with froze affix are Immune to frozen and frozen orbs decrease movement and attack speed by 75%.
Health Link - Add some hp regeneration to those.
Illusionist - Make it harder to detect: all illusions gain the same debuff icons but not the effect.
Molten - Fire resistant.
Plagued - Poison resistant and a poison cloud surrounds the monster (like Ghom).
Shielding - Physical resistant.
Teleporter - Only range monster can have this affix.
Vampiric - Increase the effect.
Vortex - Only melee monster can have this affix.

* New affixes:

Summoner - Summons a bunch of regular monsters.
Healer - Reduces healing effects by 75% and can self heal.
Miner - Place elemental mines on floor (random element).
Erase - Can remove all buffs (Including Archon and WotB).
Curser - Can cast a debuff that decreases critical hit chance by 100% (this will also affect critical hit damage since you lose all your critical hit chance).
Petrify - You become into stone for 10 seconds and cannot perform any actions but you cant take damage (you probably will lose most of your buffs while in stone).
Disarm - Can cast a debuff that greatly reduces DPS.

* Result:

The new Erase, Petrify and Curser will become a good challenge for WotB users.
The new Erase and Petrify will become a good challenge for Archon users.
The Frozen change will become a challenge to perma freeze wizards.
The Curser will become a challenge to every build based on critical hit chance.
Edited by DarknessEyes#2490 on 4/24/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 11:55 AMPosted by AxeLord
So long as we have affixes on gear that counters these affixes then I think this is a great idea.

Are you thinking about those "boots" they were talking about --- allowing you to go through enemies? That might be interesting when combined with the Impenetrable affix :o
Reply Quote
Why not? +1.
Reply Quote
Hole in your pocket: Causes player to drop 500gold/sec for 10 seconds. Gold is visible to other players, but must be clicked on to be picked up.
**renamed**

Broken: Causes players armor to disintegrate at a rate of 1 durability per second. Note: Indestructible items not affected.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 4/24/2013 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thief: Causes player to drop 500gold/sec for 10 seconds. Gold is visible to other players, but must be clicked on to be picked up.

If your intention is to cause harm to other players, it can be done in Act 2. Use Moonseeds (whatever it is called) or those "Huge monsters that spin". The later one can deflect one of your ranged attack and will deal YOUR damage to whoever it hits (I have repeatedly killed my teammates, unintentionally, 1 shot with Bola, when I attack them).

I'm surprised it's allowed to exist to be honest. Lesson of the day, never run Act 2 with HC...
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 4/24/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Very interesting and great chanllenge for popluar/repetitive builds.....Should fit Blizzard's dream of diversity.
+1
Reply Quote
Mines sound fun, if they go invisible after a few seconds. You'll have to maneuver around in the fight carefully while remembering their location.

Haunted: The boss summons a copy of the player (similar to the one in the fight with Diablo)
Cannibal: When below 33% life, it will cast "consume" on nearby enemies (of the same type as itself maybe) to restore its life to full.
Magnetic: The elite absorbs items on the ground into itself (maybe just white or low quality equips), making it stronger in weird and interesting ways. Or just giving it more health and damage.
Edited by Kil#1483 on 4/24/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 12:02 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Thief: Causes player to drop 500gold/sec for 10 seconds. Gold is visible to other players, but must be clicked on to be picked up.

If your intention is to cause harm to other players, it can be done in Act 2. Use Moonseeds (whatever it is called) or those "Huge monsters that spin". The later one can deflect one of your ranged attack and will deal YOUR damage to whoever it hits (I have repeatedly killed my teammates, unintentionally, 1 shot with Bola, when I attack them).

I'm surprised it's allowed to exist to be honest. Lesson of the day, never run Act 2 with HC...

Actually my thinking was sort of like a goblin. People start chasing after him and then it's like oh hell what did get myself into.

Other players gold would create a similar fashion at times. I've never seen the one you're talking about. I have a DH but I've never really played her or worked on her much.
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Kil
Cannibal: When below 33% life, it will cast "consume" on nearby enemies (of the same type as itself maybe) to restore its life to full.

Cannibal actually reminds me of a monster in Diablo 2... they would devour fallen comrades' corpses to regain some HP and do a damaging attack.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've got a couple great ideas. The first 2 are stolen directly from Diablo 2, the best game ever made.

Extra Strong: The mobs' innate attacks deal more damage (applies to the mobs' normal melee and ranged attacks and special attacks like fireballs, heralds' poison arm, etc). Rare = +75%, minions = +25%, champs = +50%.

Aura Enchanted: The elite has a far-reaching aura of a random element that deals damage in pulses every second or so. The damage can't be too high because it will be unavoidable and the aura will cover the entire screen. Only the rare gets the aura, not minions. Champions all have it but the damage is reduced by 70% because it stacks.

Berzerker: The mobs can use the barbarian's whirlwind ability. When the mob activates it, it breaks CC (but they can be re-CCed) and the damage output would have to be something reasonable, not an instagib because it will bring plenty of inherent difficulty. This can't spawn on all monster types. For example, caster/ranged monsters like firemages, spear guys, occultists can't get it. Mobs with a large or 4-legged model can't get it either: tremors, golgors, savage beasts, leapers, stingers, fallen curs, armadons, constructs and similar. It would, however, give some flavor to fallen overseers and grunts, demon troopers, skeletons, zombies, subjugators, oppressors, lacuni, unholy thralls, deranged cultists, and others. This would be awesome as an uncommon affix like missile dampening.

Adept: The elite pack's Plague, Molten, Mortar, Arcane Sentries, Aura Enchanted, Frozen, Electrified, Reflect Damage, Fire Chains, and Desecrater affixes deal 50% more damage (requires at least one of those affixes to spawn for it to be available to that elite).
Reply Quote
^The thing with aura is that there isn't any "aura" in the game, aside from the Mantras. We wouldn't know what aura they are using =/

Also, I don't like to move my mouse down to the right side to see what the aura does :(

(Bump)
Reply Quote
Um, how about this:

Defiler: creates Desecration pools that burns your resource. (open for tweaks and balancing)
Reply Quote
*burn your resource
Reply Quote
Defiler: creates Desecration pools that burns your resource. (open for tweaks and balancing)

or like the D2 mana burn, where every hit by the monster takes off a portion of your resource.
Reply Quote
Requested sticky.

Shared on DFans: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/92705-us-bnet-forums-propose-new-monster-affixes/

Someone do the same on Reddit.

Keep 'em coming guys! ^^
Reply Quote
Impervious - The monster gets an innate 75% chance to resist all crowd control effects.
Invunerable - Occurs only with Rares (yellows). The monster cannot be damaged until all minions are killed.
Demoralizer - The monster has an aura that will cause all players in the area to have their resource regeneration reduced by 25%.
Blaster - Monster uses Corpse Explosion on fallen minions. Deals 5% of the corpse life as damage.
Rusting - Occurs only with Rares. Players have their armor reduced by 50% for 3 seconds when hit.
Spellcasting - Monster can use one of the following skills (and deal according elemental damage): Chain Lightning (stuns), Fireball (slows), Poison Nova (DoT), Hurricane (chills), Bone Spear (immobilizes).

Petrify - You become into stone for 10 seconds and cannot perform any actions but you cant take damage (you probably will lose most of your buffs while in stone).

10 seconds is too much time to just stand still watching.
Edited by XicaoXiita#1633 on 4/25/2013 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Shaman: Monster can revive fallen minions/ champions at 1/3rd health.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]