Diablo® III

Barbs will not die now

WTF BLIZZ!!! ....... Did you have to buff inspiring presence from %2 to %4 max life per sec?

Barbs are insanely hard to kill in pvp, but soon they will be un-killable. A Barb with 100k Life is gonna regen 4k life per sec. The crazy tank Barbs with 200k hp will heal 8k life per sec, not including any other life regen from Gear/Skills

How are we supposed to kill a Barb that can regen up to 10k life per sec? Not to mention all the other damage reduction skills like Ignore Pain or Relentless?

Having Inspiring Presence heal %2 max life per sec is what made Barbs crazy good tanks in pvp. But after this patch its gonna be impossible to kill them.

I know PvP is not supposed to balanced, but this is ridiculous
Edited by Lag#1232 on 4/22/2013 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
buy a barba u win pvp!

yeah imagine I got 200k life, with just inspiring presence regen I will have 8000 life regen per second!

I can go in a free for all macth and run away trolling people with my sprint, and rend!

unless blizzard going to change players to no longer elite status, then my 30% damage reduction from items don't work, and nerf my sprint, if not I will be a terrorist!

so excited to see a pvp game with all the barb inside running around, and rend and run!
imagine 4 barb in a free for all, think it will be so exciting, with this amount of regen, when dying, click on ignore pain, and after 7 second your life is full again yeah!
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 4/22/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Lag
How are we supposed to kill a Barb that can regen up to 10k life per sec? Not to mention all the other damage reduction skills like Ignore Pain or Relentless?

I think a top end tank barb can die to a top end dps dh with rapid fire, the trick would be getting them to stand still for 2 maybe 3 seconds. So it would require a combo of maybe smoke in close, fan of knives, proc thrill of the hunt then channel rapid fire from point blank range, so when they run you get a second or two more hits before you start to miss. maybe use mark for death(on hit hatred) and rain of vengeance(darkening cloud) as well, just to stack some extra tdps. But you would have to hit all at once so no random shooting that might proc thrill or drain hatred before the burst. maybe set caltrops torturous ground and chain it with thrill for 4 seconds or something, vault into them as they run set caltrops again, rapid fire another 2 seconds... Im sure theres a dh that can pull a tactic like this off somewhere out there...

04/22/2013 08:58 PMPosted by MINIKONG
unless blizzard going to change players to no longer elite status, then my 30% damage reduction from items don't work, and nerf my sprint, if not I will be a terrorist!

Nerfing vs elites wont work, soj already more then counters the elite resist from blackthornes, in fact, most barbs run 4 lots of 7% which multiplies out to ~25% and soj grants 30%,+6% elemental, nerf vs elites and those barbs take even less damage, and, can stack higher dps gear since they are no longer obligated into BT set/litany ring, it even makes 5 piece IK viable as a tanking option, so yeah even more fury. Not to mention all the DH's who rely on soj for cost reduction suddenly loose a huge chunk of dps.

:) But by all means nerf it, I would love to have twice as much passive fury generation and extra dps for the same relative tanking ability. Much cheaper gear too.
Reply Quote

I think a top end tank barb can die to a top end dps dh with rapid fire, the trick would be getting them to stand still for 2 maybe 3 seconds. So it would require a combo of maybe smoke in close, fan of knives, proc thrill of the hunt then channel rapid fire from point blank range, so when they run you get a second or two more hits before you start to miss. maybe use mark for death(on hit hatred) and rain of vengeance(darkening cloud) as well, just to stack some extra tdps. But you would have to hit all at once so no random shooting that might proc thrill or drain hatred before the burst. maybe set caltrops torturous ground and chain it with thrill for 4 seconds or something, vault into them as they run set caltrops again, rapid fire another 2 seconds... Im sure theres a dh that can pull a tactic like this off somewhere out there...

Nerfing vs elites wont work, soj already more then counters the elite resist from blackthornes, in fact, most barbs run 4 lots of 7% which multiplies out to ~25% and soj grants 30%,+6% elemental, nerf vs elites and those barbs take even less damage, and, can stack higher dps gear since they are no longer obligated into BT set/litany ring, it even makes 5 piece IK viable as a tanking option, so yeah even more fury. Not to mention all the DH's who rely on soj for cost reduction suddenly loose a huge chunk of dps.

:) But by all means nerf it, I would love to have twice as much passive fury generation and extra dps for the same relative tanking ability. Much cheaper gear too.

that the problem when players are elite, force to use soj, and damage reduction, and like u said the trick is to let them stand tere for 2-3 seconds, u also know a good barb run around the world and always come in and exchange life when their life and fury are full, some even wait for ignore pain to be up
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 4/23/2013 12:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
by the way I am buying gear for my barb to have at least 200k life, any 1 selling any good items?
I am going be ready for 1.08 royal rumble!
Reply Quote
Hex and Cloud of Bats is the WD best option vs Super Tanks. I was straight burning down some Barbs with it on the PTR.
Reply Quote
Actually every single class has a way to kill the barb even with such high regen.

Top tier monk can burst a super tank down in one blind.
Top tier DH can do insane amounts of dam with impale and mark
Top tier WD has Bats (the dam is buffed 2 to 3 times), at least WD has to aim somewhat now.

Ray of frost got buffed too for wizards, but I havn't duel or seem a lot of wizards to comment.

Even BvB, I doubt a barb can survive a few fully dps buffed Scorn rend + hota

If you are having some issue, the first thing is to compare your gear with those of your opponent. Since there is no match making, almost always your opponent is sitting on gears that's way better than yous.
Edited by bigmonto#1580 on 4/23/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't wait for my 8k regen. See you in the chapel Ender.

In all honesty though, I have seen many people roll WDs that were once great DH/monk/Barb PvP'ers that this change might actually bring some non-endgame-geared Barbs back into the chapel. Yes geared tanky barbs were hard to kill, but it is also hard to tank geared WDs.
Reply Quote
Actually every single class has a way to kill the barb even with such high regen.

Top tier monk can burst a super tank down in one blind.
Top tier DH can do insane amounts of dam with impale and mark
Top tier WD has Bats (the dam is buffed 2 to 3 times), at least WD has to aim somewhat now.

Ray of frost got buffed too for wizards, but I havn't duel or seem a lot of wizards to comment.

Even BvB, I doubt a barb can survive a few fully dps buffed Scorn rend + hota

If you are having some issue, the first thing is to compare your gear with those of your opponent. Since there is no match making, almost always your opponent is sitting on gears that's way better than yous.

Correct except for the DH part. With a super tanky Barb (around 200k HP, 10k armor, 1k resists), DH run out of resources before they can feasibly kill a Barb. The Barb will just run away while the DH has to regenerate resources and the Barb will be at full health before the next engagement. I tested this on PTR with Zee (he had ~180k hp and high armor/all resist) and myself (580k dps with sharpshooter + steady aim, +30% to elites from SoJ, +12% from marked for death).
Reply Quote
Iria, did Zee have enough dps to catch/kill you?
Reply Quote
It is getting to the point where you need two sets of gear. One for Barbs and one for everyone else.

Iria, Is it mostly Hatred that DH's run out of? I know I get a Nat Cloak with -5 Impale All res and Hatred Regen.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
It is getting to the point where you need two sets of gear. One for Barbs and one for everyone else.

Iria, Is it mostly Hatred that DH's run out of? I know I get a Nat Cloak with -5 Impale All res and Hatred Regen.

If by "getting to the point" you mean it is at the point where I have a set I duel everyone with then a second set that I duel barbs with! ;)

If I bought a good Doom Hammer, it would ONLY be used vs barbs ... makes it feel like a bit of wasted money tbh :P
Reply Quote
Zee has enough DPS to kill me with 2-3 crit rends. The problem is he has so much EHP my impales do about 1/5th of his HP on critical hits and I rarely get to land more than 1 or 2 in a row. With kiting around corners and fleeing strategy, he regenerates 1 critical impale in about 5 seconds! This is not even including the fact that he can use Ignore Pain, Relentless, etc. making this an impossible match up unless he goes AFK for about 20 seconds. With my impale cost -9 and marked for death I can shoot about 8-10 impales in a row. Of these impales, only the first 2-3 will critically hit (if he doesn't dodge with his 25-30% dodge chance) due to sharpshooter and the latter ones will have about a 50% chance to critically hit (again assuming he doesn't dodge). Now add his maneuvering and the fact I don't have a shot lined up all the time and you will easily see my problem with all tank barbs.

This is a duel I will inevitably lose because eventually I will run out of discipline in a bad spot where I can get hit by rend one too many times. The barb cannot lose as long as they constantly run and regenerate since I do not regenerate my resources faster than their health. The only viable scenario is to stack EHP and use stun/fear skills exclusively to stalemate the duel. I know it is cheesy but what else can I do?
Edited by Iria#1342 on 4/23/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was planning on making a Impale DH a long time ago. Always was really into reduce gear from Mara's, SOJ's and Skull Grasps. Never got around to it

Just realized I had this laying around

http://i.imgur.com/rI1eJO5.png

Not sure what to do with it.
Reply Quote
Nice Mara's if only the stats were more Dex and Vit instead of Str and Int lol.

I usually don't run into a hatred problem since I rarely get the opportunity to burst impales. An amulet like this could be nice for an impale - impact build where you try to stun lock the barb in a barrage of impales. However, if the barb uses juggernaut, this strategy is 100% nullified.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the feedback! Based on discussions we’ve seen from players testing Inspiring Presence on the PTR, we’re going to go ahead and change Inspiring Presence back to its previous values. In a future PTR build, it will return 2% of your maximum Life per second instead of 4%. This is being done to keep it in line with other Life regeneration skills.

*Edit* I should note that we're keeping the part where it will buff your allies.

my dream is gone!!!! no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Is that Quote from Blizz? Did they really change it back to %2?
Reply Quote
Yes is it a quote from blizz. they are changing it back to 2%
Reply Quote
I was looking forward to the overpowered buff to 8k regen - officially gone now. But it is still PTR so it could officially come back ... as 3% maybe.
Reply Quote
I thought blue already commented that its going back down to 2%?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]