Diablo® III

which follower for hardcore demon hunter?

got bored with softcore now leveling up my demon hunter on hardcore and would liket to hear opinions on best follower for act 3 inferno farming. thanks for the advice
Reply Quote
Kormac with Skycutter is good.
Lyndon with Windforce or Buriza is good.
Eirena with Maximus is good.
Reply Quote
Id would probably use Templar for HC. He gives hatred regen and can tank pretty well, so that will take heat off of you.
Reply Quote
I usually run with the Enchantress, the Templar is kinda useless since you should be able to kite everything up to Inferno anyway (and he's annoying). Enchantress gives charm (meat shield) or a pushback, 6% reduced ranged damage (most of the damage you should be taking), Erosion and 3% IAS.
Reply Quote
I like the Templar a lot actually. He charges ahead of me and tanks, but one advantage to using him is that he eats all missiles in front of you as he's running forward, means you can't be group volleyed starting a battle off.

I think this advantage is one that is often overlooked, but his charge also does AREA damage, so if he has a cold weapon, it actually snares the whole group he rushes into. This is a big advantage as well.
Reply Quote

I think this advantage is one that is often overlooked, but his charge also does AREA damage, so if he has a cold weapon, it actually snares the whole group he rushes into. This is a big advantage as well.

Eirena's forceful push will do the same with a cold weapon. Guess its also personal preferences, wich isn't a bad thing.
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Griever
Eirena's forceful push will do the same with a cold weapon. Guess its also personal preferences, wich isn't a bad thing.

hmm didn't realize, but if she's using a Maximus anyhow, she won't have cold damage. She is most preferred with that weapon while Kormac can really get away with any cold damage weapon. I actually like having an Azurewrath on mine. Just don't have one for HC. ;-)
Reply Quote
so templar with azurewrath or enchantress with maximus?

and its good to hear from you griever... GRIEVERS GONNA GRIEVE
Reply Quote
Consider Skycutter on Kormac, too. Azurewrath isn't the only option.

Also remember to deck your follower out with gear as you would yourself. Like I mean, hit Kormac up with a Stormshield if you find one(or are using the AH).
Reply Quote
Consider Skycutter on Kormac, too. Azurewrath isn't the only option.

Also remember to deck your follower out with gear as you would yourself. Like I mean, hit Kormac up with a Stormshield if you find one(or are using the AH).

Yeah, he has the one i found. Got me excited at first cause it was a 9% block then the fact that its not 1.0.2 anymore and shields are worthless hit me like a train :/. GG 50k stormshields, i remember when they were valuable :/.
Reply Quote
ok check out my templar guys tell me what i should do to make him better k thx bye #barrenschat
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Lasagna
ok check out my templar guys tell me what i should do to make him better k thx bye #barrenschat

Skycutter + Stormshield
Reply Quote
I'm using kormac for follower too in hc, exactly for the reason oscar mentioned.

Also his guardian skill can be extremely useful if you happen to be close to death (dh dont really have any o sht passives like NDE or UA for monks and wizards respectively). also I find the 1 hatred regen from him pointless so guardian is the way to go.
Reply Quote

Eirena with Maximus is good.

^ best IMHO. That demon, which procs often, draws aggro like a mofo. With that and a boar pet, mosts mobs forget you are even there. Very handy for disconnect situations.
Reply Quote
use the templar
especially with his upcoming regen buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]