Diablo® III

D3 not supported by GTX Titan

Hey guys,
I purchased the ASUS GeForce GTX Titan today and have installed the driver it comes with along with the updated driver and I'm getting an error saying it is unsupported in D3.

Anyone else have this issue?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
From what I can find in card reviews D3 is very playable at the highest settings using that card.

Ensure you are using the up to date drivers off Nvidia's site. If you upgraded a card in a machine that already had D3 installed, you may also want to delete the d3prefs.txt file that stores your old video settings. You will find it under My Documents > Diablo 3

If those things do not work, go ahead and post your Dxdiag file and when the blues get in this afternoon they can take a look.
Reply Quote
I deleted that file still not going and I have the updated driver (314.22)

I ran the dxdiag.exe and received an error for Direct3D. If I skip the Direct3D check the program continues but if I try run the test it force closes dxdiag.exe
Reply Quote
It says system is running Windows 7 32-Bit DirectX 11.

No problems found

DDraw Status: Disabled
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available

Why is DirectDraw disabled and Direct3D not available???
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
From what I can find those are the most up to date drivers (other than beta versions). I am unsure though why you would have issues running a dxdiag. If you can get it to complete then post the file here (preferably within the pre tags). Have you poked around the Geforce.com web site and forums? They have a lot of information there about how to deal with settings and optimize your card for various games. If you can't find anything there, bump this thread later in the afternoon once the California folks get in to work.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Plonky,

DDraw Status: Disabled
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available

This is strictly a Windows and dxdiag issue, it has nothing to do with the game. It's coming up as unsupported in Diablo III due to dxdiag reporting that D3D is unavailable. You need to remedy that first.

Often, simply rebooting can take care of it but you may need to run a driver cleaner app to remove all traces of older drivers, then reinstall the latest drivers once more. When installing them, use the Custom and Clean Install options, installing just the graphic drivers and none of the optional components.
Reply Quote
Ok thanks for that people. I didn't think it was a D3 issue because I have read reviews about the Titan and D3.

What is a good driver cleaner app to download? Or am I better off formatting the HD and have everything fresh?
Reply Quote
Well I think I have it all sorted. Done a complete format and re-install of Windows. After setting up the GTX Titan ran the dxdiag.exe and everything says its enabled now.
Would really like to know what it was that disbaled it in the first place. Now its just the waiting as D3 is being re-installed :)

Thanks for the tips and feedback greatly helpful
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]