Diablo® III

Black Rock Ledger Revisited

I don't have all the pieces so I can't try my idea. I think its part of an end game event similar to the Hellfire Ring. First you get all 6 pages, then you take your handy Staff of Herding and the 5 individual components. Place all into inventory. Then go to locations within the game related to the station names.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/DHARMA_Initiative_stations
The Lamp Post- Old Tristram Road below Cow Kings bones?
The Tempest- Stinging Winds Lost Caravan?
The Looking Glass- Pool of water? Location?
The Staff- Staff of Herding to open portal?
The Orchid- Dahlgur Oasis Wooden Gears look just like Wheel used to move island in LOST.
The Pearl-?
The Flame-The station itself existed in three parts. The outside was a paddock for cows; inside was a living area, some storage, and a computer room. Underneath a rug was a door to a lower hatch area. Sounds like the farm in the Fields of Misery.
The Swan- The Crumbling Vault timed Dungeon? The swan was where you had to press the button every 108 seconds.
The Arrow- The Silver Spire? Reference to pointy things?
The Hydra- The station was a Zoo. The Highlands its where you can find animals like, Goats Bulls Frogs.
The pages may indicate a slightly different course of action, will discuss if anyone is interested.
Reply Quote
Pool of water, Araneae chamber (pool of acid)

On the timed vault. It has a different amount of time based on the difficulty. Is there one that is closest to 108 seconds? This may indicate at what difficulty one should be hunting.

The pearl... isn't that the name of the ship where the pages come from?

I recently upgraded my staff to work on all four difficulty levels. I think I'll try entering the shire with the pages and the staff in each level.
Reply Quote
The name of the Ship is the Black Rock. The Pearl is the name of one of the Dharma stations. Also check out the Tomb of Sardar and Tomb of Khan Dakab treasure room. Before you enter each on the floor there is glowing square with a sculpted image of some deity. If you look at the dark lines it forma a backwards SWAN. Inside the treasure room the square sculpture behind the treasure chest has the same face. But behind the waterfall there is something look closely.
Reply Quote
I've been really intrigued about the Black Rock Ledger puzzle. I've got all 6 pages, the blue oar paddle thing. Is there anything else required?

Has the puzzle been figured out? I'm bored with the Hellfire rings already got two. Would love to figure out this ledger stuff. Thanks!
Reply Quote
there are 8 pages in the code of the game making it impossible and only 6 available in the game so its impossible to collect them all until they let us collect the remaining 2 it shall remain a mystery
Reply Quote
I just found page 8
Reply Quote
first off i am sure by now you have figured out there are only six pages. but other than that i am completely absorbed in the idea of figuring out what these pages are for. i have had several people tell me it is for nothing but i find that very unlikely and if it is in fact the case very disappointing. i am up for trying any ideas people may have regarding these pages and what they may be for.
Reply Quote
I just got page 16....
Reply Quote
Sadly its true those pages... do nothing (other then take up space)
Reply Quote
What do you mean by "in the code"?
Reply Quote
I feel this needs a bump. @Lintati seemed to have the most useful clue so far. However, as I do not have all of the pages I can only wonder what he might have seen in that waterfall. Has anyone investigated?

The name of the Ship is the Black Rock. The Pearl is the name of one of the Dharma stations. Also check out the Tomb of Sardar and Tomb of Khan Dakab treasure room. Before you enter each on the floor there is glowing square with a sculpted image of some deity. If you look at the dark lines it forma a backwards SWAN. Inside the treasure room the square sculpture behind the treasure chest has the same face. But behind the waterfall there is something look closely.
Reply Quote
lintati maybe right but i think the hint is in the content of the pages

like they have some key terms which may be hint for places to visit before you try on ancient device in the desolate sand-act 2

page 4 has "mining expedition" referring to tashun mining quest
page 8 has "sea legs" referring to daghlur oasis
page 15 has "storm" referring to storm hall
page 16 has unknown
page 23 has "desert somewhere" referring to desolate sands
page 42 has "shadows" referring to realm of shadows

P.S: i have all the pages + i have commpleted wheels of fortune achievement
Reply Quote
Heard a rumor. Get all 6 pages. Find a Goblin in one of the locations mentioned in the pages. And follow the goblin trough his portal. In the end will lead you to a secret level with a few goblins of which last will drop a handfull of items. Empty inventory entry recomended ;) better be true
Reply Quote
Thus far, no one has been able to make the pages do anything. It's a LOST reference, which some people in here clearly already know.

That being said, good luck, I guess?
Reply Quote
Reading the initial theory I have to agree the clue is in the pages.
For example page 4 mentions Kingsport, a mining expedition, and arguing. I suspect the Scoundrel has something to do with this clue.
Page 8 references sleeping, unstable legs, and declining to drink, so enchantress would have something to do with this one.
Page 15 also talks about Three days, a storm, a ship, a curse, weeks, trouble, and something giving out. One or more of these could reference the Templar
Page 16 mentions a Wave, being down below, survivors, being lost, and hell
Page 23 talks about Madness, monster, wreck, and a desert disappearance
Page 42 brings up being alone, others being dead, deformed creatures attacking the wreck where people are sleeping, escape, shadows, and giggling like it's a game, this could mean you are alone and need to do the crypt mission in act I where the fourth tomb will show up and have the names of the development them for the monsters.

So some of these things might need a certain follower to be with you or be in a certain situation. My guess is there is a reference for a trigger or flag, a location or event, an action or place to look. I'm betting there is a material that drops when you meet the requirements including having the page or pages on your person, the materials can then be crafted to make something much like the staff of herding. From there I have no idea what is left to do other than maybe find the ship again with the item on you and see what happens. That is the best theory I can come up with at this time with what little I can find.
Edited by Sypoth#1768 on 11/3/2013 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe the last two pages will be revealed in the expansion along with the easter egg it opens.
Reply Quote
I have all 6 pages and am 90% certain that the only purpose they serve (as of right now) is to intrigue LOST fanatics and allude us to a possible secret level in the upcoming dlc. I am a fan of LOST myself and I feel as if they just wanted to bring some of the LOST world into Diablo 3 because the dev's themselves are fans of the show and LOST serves as a good outlet for thematic ideas such as light vs dark and good vs evil which exists within the core of Diablo lore and gameplay. The whole point of the pages is to highlight the story of the Black Rock (a clear LOST reference) through the 6 different ledgers and to provoke thought on the part of the players (us) whether or not the pages have any practical use in the game. The comments above mentioning the prospect of entering secret goblin portals and going to various map locations to unlock things are most likely internet fueled myths at this point. I really don't think the pages allow you do anything at the moment, but I am with you guys and would really like to see if they did something with this. Having a secret LOST level would be awesome ! Sorry for the long read and I might be over analyzing this whole thing but I just thought I'd share some thoughts.
Reply Quote
in the howling plateau there is 2 tornados that spawn on each side of the map perhaps you can try merging them together. with 2 people of course.

i noticed that the (black smoke) tornado damages the monsters as well. perhaps purging the 2 with the pages and the oar? makes a portal or drops an item.

just a theory.
Reply Quote
The tornadoes don't follow. You cannot manipulate them.
Although, I found them once together (just coincidence). They didn't look very different, except that it looked quite dark all over the screen. I didn't have the pages with me, though.
Reply Quote
Just came across this page after finding 2 black rock ledger pages. has anyone checked the dungeon Chamber of the Lost Idol? i dont have all of the pages so i cant do anything yet but its found real close to where the ledgers are found. i just figured it had Lost in the title so it might be worth checking out
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]