Diablo® III

Legendary dropping on minimap dissapointing

Hi all,

When farming and murdering a elite pack do you look at the minimap for the star? Or are you surprised with the ping sound and the golden beam??

For me, I always look at the minimap and so the experience of suddenly getting a legendary drop is not that great anymore. The first minimap indicator was better as it had a small delay before it showed, but I understand the need of it being different from quest/banner locations.

My point is, for me it would be far better if I would have the beam of light first, then the sound and finally the minimap indicator. Now its the other way around and I find this not that satisfactory anymore.

Any thoughts or am I just plain iffy about this?
Reply Quote
I never notice the star. I always watch every piece of loot fall the moment it's dropped.
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Belgarion
My point is, for me it would be far better if I would have the beam of light first, then the sound and finally the minimap indicator. Now its the other way around and I find this not that satisfactory anymore.

Now you're just splitting hairs =\
Reply Quote
So you're !@#$%ing to Blizzard because you -choose- to look at the minimap for legendaries instead of the regular map?

Get real man. Look at the regular map and stop ^-*!@ing.
Reply Quote
This a serious complaint?

Does the difference actually alter your experience via excitement? That's very strange if it does.

But to answer your initial question; I don't look for either...if I see it I see it, if I don't, who cares...more will drop. Though I ALWAYS notice it on my minimap out of the corner of my eye before beaming; despite never focusing on my minimap.

I also play soundless so the ding makes no difference. If I see that beam, I've already seen the star.
Reply Quote
People amaze me more and more daily... I feel sorry for you OP... I really do...
Reply Quote
Don't !@#$% at the OP, he's got a point and i think a lot of people are like this. He's giving us his 2 cents on how blizzard can improve the game, and it is in a way that requires so little effort that they might actually consider it.

Posts like this are way more productive than all of the "LOL remove barbs from the game" posts
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Broseidon
Posts like this are way more productive than all of the "LOL remove barbs from the game" posts

Almost any post is more productive than all of the "LOL remove barbs from the game" posts, though that does not justify this as a "productive" thought/thread.
Reply Quote
Don't !@#$% at the OP, he's got a point and i think a lot of people are like this. He's giving us his 2 cents on how blizzard can improve the game, and it is in a way that requires so little effort that they might actually consider it.

How in the hell is that a game improvement? Should Blizzard really be wasting time on stupid crap like this when they could be making real fixes to the game? Come on...your as bad as the OP...
Reply Quote
I am not impressed at legendary and set items anymore.

To many of them are just brimtsones.
Reply Quote
Opinions differ I see..

I'm not bothered by this but my point is that for ME, it would be more agreeable to first notice a leg/set drop in game and not have my eye automatically drawn to the minimap because that will tell me first..

Also, it's not a complaint, just wondering if anyone else has the same experience and if they do perhaps the guys in blue would feel the same and consider changing this for the gaming pleasure of the affected :)

What would really be cool I think is a effect as in the Matrix movies where Neo warps reality with his powers. So when a leg/set item drops the effect on the world would be so immense that reality shudders. (Would be nice if the item really would be not just another brimstone, but we must wait for 1.09 for that I think)
Reply Quote
I don't even know what the minimap icon looks like... do you really need the minimap to get around? You memorize the entire game taking 1 character to 60.
Reply Quote
There's an icon on the minimap? I've never noticed.
Reply Quote
Legendary Droppings sounds sooo bad.
Reply Quote
It's not disappointing as you make it sound. For me, I am glad they have the star implemented. I would have missed some legs if it weren't for the star indicator on the map. For most, the sound is very obvious once it rings. Second thing people would notice is the beam of light. The third indicator is the star. I think as them as 3 layers of leg miss-proof.
Reply Quote
So you're !@#$%ing to Blizzard because you -choose- to look at the minimap for legendaries instead of the regular map?

Get real man. Look at the regular map and stop ^-*!@ing.

No, I am not. Where did I involve blizzard in this? I think you did and with some bad language as well. Also I'm not ^-*!@ing as you say, just sharing my thoughts (crazy as it may be) with the community, perhaps not everyone values only his own opinion as highly as you do without any respect for someone else his. What is constructive about your response then?
Reply Quote
This a serious complaint?

Does the difference actually alter your experience via excitement? That's very strange if it does.

But to answer your initial question; I don't look for either...if I see it I see it, if I don't, who cares...more will drop. Though I ALWAYS notice it on my minimap out of the corner of my eye before beaming; despite never focusing on my minimap.

I also play soundless so the ding makes no difference. If I see that beam, I've already seen the star.

No, I'm not complaining. Where did you get this from?? A forum is meant to enable like minded people to talk and discuss, not to complain.
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Masokyst
People amaze me more and more daily... I feel sorry for you OP... I really do...

Thanx for feeling sorry! But why might I ask? Never asked for any compassion or sympathy.
Reply Quote
The star should flash, it would be way more noticeable
Reply Quote
04/25/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Masokyst
How in the hell is that a game improvement? Should Blizzard really be wasting time on stupid crap like this when they could be making real fixes to the game? Come on...your as bad as the OP...

Taking 2 minutes to polish the epitome of what this game is supposed to be about by writing a .5 second delay into a script is wasting time? k.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]