Diablo® III

initializing....

I was stuck at initializing, so I figure "hey, I should just re-instal" I deleted the old file, downloaded the installer, annnnddd...initializing. Why for am broken?

OSX 10.8.3
2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo (its old, I know)
5gb ram
9400M 256 MB
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hello Nathan,

Can you try [url="Can you try creating another admin user account on your system and attempt to run the Launcher again?"]creating another admin user account[/url] on your system and attempt to run the Launcher again?

If that does't solve the issue, could you try disabling any Security Applications you may have running? You may also want to ensure that you're firewall settings are set to allow Blizzard Applications.

If the issue persists, would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your Battle.net Logs? It will help us to better understand the cause of the issue.

This may not result in an immediate fix for your individual issue, but it will go directly towards getting this sort of issue fixed in general. That being said, if we can find anything in the your logs that will help us to better troubleshoot your issue, we will do so.

You can navigate to the folder by following these steps:
• Using Finder, click Macintosh HD.
• Navigate to the" /Users/Shared/" directory.

Then can you attach the log files from the following folders:
/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1637/Logs/
/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1737/Logs/
(If you have it, or the highest incremental number you have.)

And please also include this file as well:
/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/agent.db

You can email those as a zip archive to this address: toolsupport@blizzard.com

Please use this line for the subject: [Nathan] [initializing....] [8705121156]

Thanks
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Nathan, you can find some troubleshooting tips for this issue here in the new Battle.net Support Website:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/troubleshooting-initializing

Specifically though, you'll want to try the following steps (Repairing Permissions) before you attempt anything else since this usually solves Launcher related problems:

Resetting Permissions

1) Navigate to the folder containing your Diablo III folder, and then highlight your Diablo III folder in the Finder.

2) Right click the Diablo III folder icon and select Get Info.

3) Click the Padlock icon at the bottom of the Get Info window and enter your administrator password (this authenticates you as an administrator).

4) In the Sharing and Permissions tab, select the Everybody group and choose Read and Write option in the Privileges pulldown menu. Make sure you are working with the pulldown menu on the same line as the Everybody group.

5) Click the Cogwheel icon at the bottom of the window and select Apply to enclosed items. When it asks you to confirm this, select OK. Close the Get Info window.

Your permissions are now set properly for Diablo III and all of its game files.

6) Navigate to your /Users/Shared folder in the Finder.

7) Right click the Blizzard folder and select Get Info.

8) Repeat steps #3 through #5 for this folder, then close the window.

9) Right click the Battle.net folder and select Get Info.

10) Repeat steps #3 through #5 for this folder, then close the window.

Give this a shot and let us know how things go for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]