Diablo® III

There was an error sending your report.

So I get bombarded with friend requests from [removed], tried to report them as spam, and get an error. I can we please get something to turn friend requests off!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Omrakos on 5/3/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
same problem
Reply Quote
You may want to remove those site names from your post before someone reports you for advertising gold sites
Reply Quote
same here
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for the reports, guys! I bumped this up to QA and they're taking a look at it currently.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks for the reports, guys! I bumped this up to QA and they're taking a look at it currently.

I guess there's no point in posting in the "Bug report" section of forums then.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728853838

General chat is where the attention is at. =p
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I guess there's no point in posting in the "Bug report" section of forums then.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728853838

General chat is where the attention is at. =p

Your conclusions are bad and you should feel bad.

/Zoidberg
/Why not?

All kidding aside, the Bug Report forum is really the best place to report issues with the game. This is just a slightly different situation, since you're encountering an error with a reporting tool. Either way, our teams like to support each other whenever possible, especially when it comes to making sure a report like this gets to where it needs to go. Thanks for posting about it!
Reply Quote
Your team does realize this isn't the first time this has happened? I can think of at least 2 other maintenance Tuesdays where the spam report has broken.....you would think the same exact thing would stop being broken once a month under the same circumstances.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/30/2013 06:25 PMPosted by runit3
Your team does realize this isn't the first time this has happened? I can think of at least 2 other maintenance Tuesdays where the spam report has broken.....you would think the same exact thing would stop being broken once a month under the same circumstances.

Yup. It's something we're aware of and trying to troubleshoot. We're taking a look at previous reports, bug fix implementations, and maintenance processes to see if we can identify where the revert is happening/what's causing it.
Reply Quote

Yup. It's something we're aware of and trying to troubleshoot. We're taking a look at previous reports, bug fix implementations, and maintenance processes to see if we can identify where the revert is happening/what's causing it.

Thank you, Lylirra. I appreciate being kept informed.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 03:38 PMPosted by PanicMode
You may want to remove those site names from your post before someone reports you for advertising gold sites

It is not advertising (while it may look like it to some), its for blizzard, so they can maybe setup an auto detect system to show when certain words are typed in descriptions like www.website.com or whatever..
Reply Quote
I am getting 5 friend requests from these gold sellers everyday average. I have been reporting them everyday. Guess what.. Nothing happened.. and I was like what is the point Blizzard keeps telling players to report them as spam??? DO SOMETHING!!
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Lylirra
This is just a slightly different situation, since you're encountering an error with a reporting tool.

Reminds me of the mouseover text on http://xkcd.com/1163/ (hold your mouse pointer over the comic)
Reply Quote
Not only that, but blocking communication doesn't work. I have a spammer (same exact name) 6 times in my blocked list. Guess what? Keep receiving friends requests..
Reply Quote
I had many instances clearing spams from my friend's list - which continued for as long as I was logged on BTW, and most were repeated w/same ID, over 20 in 'one stack' , then......
last night 04/30/2013, I could not report any - error code 3xx5.

Sry...was too over-whelmed to error report it.

R investors trying to stabilize the real gold market by using D3 monies as the investment crutch - tongue pressing in cheek|?
Edited by Nilrem#1347 on 5/1/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I know it is getting old, when after each maintenance the report feature is broken. If you think that is strange, then you would think about an experience from another game that is also strange. The game was known as City of Heroes a super hero MMO.

I forgot what issue the bug first popped up. But there was a bug that I call the earthquake bug. How it worked was if you had the fly power toggled on while zoning. When you have zoned in you character would shake as if they were in an earthquake. Toggling the power of and back one would solve the issue or even keeping fly toggled off while zoning would also prevent it as well. After the first issue where it first popped up, it kept showing up every issue for at least a year if not more.

So I am not surprised something like this happening to Blizz. This means that somehow in some strange way, When they perform either their regular maintenance or and emergency maintenance to either fix an issue or just to maintain their servers they wind up doing something wrong in the process. What it is, is unknown for the moment. So like City of Heroes I expect that in time Blizz will get a handle on it where it will not bother us anymore.
Reply Quote
Im starting to believe Blizzard charges these gold companies to spam on chat for 24hrs for a fee...lol
Edited by Rakka#1888 on 5/2/2013 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]