Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.8. Wizard Disintegrate Build

this is an epic build available in the next patch!! if your bored of running as a archon wiz try this build!!! Hope this helps some of you out :)

http://youtu.be/vTPZbdC9EYo
Reply Quote
Let me know what u guyz think about this build
Reply Quote
Snares don't stack, so if you're using Blizzard (which already snares for 60%) and are able to always have it going, you don't need Temporal Flux. This will allow you to use maybe Illusionist so that you can Teleport more often during combat.

For 2h Skorn builds, I've always found it better to focus your gearing around CC and CHD and just ignore IAS in favor of more mitigation and/or HP which will allow you to stand still and face-tank more stuff more often. Not having to move = you're doing more dps. Ignoring IAS also means your AP drain is a lot less, which means you can change Arcanot for Sparkflint and Conduit for Force Weapon for more DPS.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if you can find a spot for Living Lightning, then teaming it up with Arcane Dynamo and Disintegrate can be some pretty sick damage. Once you stack to 5, the entire channel will benefit from the damage buff. And if you gear for more mitigation and HP like I mention above, you won't have to move very often so that you can maintain that souped up channel.
Edited by Malakai#1265 on 4/28/2013 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wow malakai!! you are a wizard genius!!! I'll have to try out some of your recomendations!!! thanks for the tips bud!!!
Reply Quote
Malakai is totally right. There are more things 'wrong' in this build.

- If you have enough ApoC (18-20) you really don't need the 3 AP-related runes. But if you do have AP-problems, you'd probably be better off switching Temporal Flux (which is indeed pretty useless with Blizzard) to Power Hungry. Or switching teleport to DS-prism. (and using that as a life-saver in the meantime).

Edit: With a Skorn equipped, things might be a little different. I prefer the ApoC over the 6% LS, because if you use this kind of build wisely, you'll barely get hit.

- The guy says he uses the Snowbound rune because he 'first spams Blizzard until the ground is covered' (or something similar). It'd be way faster to use Stark Winter. Most of the time one cast of Blizzard Stark Winter is enough. Then you can start disintegrating earlier.

My 2c.
Edited by Fish#2481 on 4/29/2013 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For 2h Skorn builds, I've always found it better to focus your gearing around CC and CHD and just ignore IAS in favor of more mitigation and/or HP which will allow you to stand still and face-tank more stuff more often. Not having to move = you're doing more dps. Ignoring IAS also means your AP drain is a lot less, which means you can change Arcanot for Sparkflint and Conduit for Force Weapon for more DPS.

most probably this, a lot of people misunderstands how blizzard works, ( i did too in the past). attackspeed does not increase damage of blizzard. So the best gear in a blizzard build would high int, +average damage , high crit chance and high crit damage. Attack speed can totally be neglected making this build the perfect match or "sidekick" on channeling spells.

therefore:

-talrasha chest is no good unless you're going for set bonus
-lacuni would be beaten by crafted bracers ( even with no crit)
-witching hour is good as long as you go for high int /crit damage
-a gloves with high int, high crit chance high crit damage with all resist is better than your average trifecta ( aps, cc, cd)
-skorn would definitely beat most 1hander, most weapons increases your sheet dps because of like 1.4 aps or 1.5aps weapon but with blizzard ignoring attack speed skorn goes way above them
Reply Quote
Only problem is Skorn limits you to 10 APOC from Crow and loss of CC from Source. Also slower to build AD stacks if using LL because you can't pump them out as fast. And also, the fact that a black 1K+ 1H + Triumvirate, Oculus, or Tal's Source with the right rolls will still beat it in terms of average damage without taking into account attack speed. The only advantage of Skorn is CD and LS.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 4/29/2013 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
im not even using apoc from my build, perhaps if i drop 1 more attackspeed gear i can channel torrent while gaining ap with it

04/29/2013 07:11 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
AD stacks if using LL because you can't pump them out as fast

there's no problem with skorn stacking AD on LL imo, 1 click can most likely fill up 5 stacks

04/29/2013 07:11 AMPosted by DoctorDoom
nd also, the fact that a black 1K+ 1H + Triumvirate, Oculus

my problem with 1-hander's is that it drains arcane much faster than with skorn, and with my no-apoc build i ought to stay at the lowest aps as possible, also with skorn you can get up to 6% LS, that's pretty much high enough to survive.. having no problems even with storm armor
Reply Quote
There are also SOJ/Mara/ I think some helms with - disintegrate cost
Reply Quote
good information you guyz!!! thanks
Reply Quote
im not even using apoc from my build, perhaps if i drop 1 more attackspeed gear i can channel torrent while gaining ap with it

[quote="87273683210"]AD stacks if using LL because you can't pump them out as fast

there's no problem with skorn stacking AD on LL imo, 1 click can most likely fill up 5 stacks

But if you pump multiple LL's out, you will have another 5 stacks pocketed after you stop channelling :)
Reply Quote
good tip man
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8768116746

What's everyone's opinion on this?
Reply Quote
Pretty cool dude!
Reply Quote
Nice. Good to mix things up every so often.
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 01:46 PMPosted by DoctorDoom
But if you pump multiple LL's out, you will have another 5 stacks pocketed after you stop channelling :)

I've never gotten that to work. If I cast a ton of LLs and then start channeling at 5 stacks while the LLs are still going, once I get to 5 again while channeling it eats them up.
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 09:55 AMPosted by yems
my problem with 1-hander's is that it drains arcane much faster than with skorn, and with my no-apoc build i ought to stay at the lowest aps as possible, also with skorn you can get up to 6% LS, that's pretty much high enough to survive.. having no problems even with storm armor

but u get access to more cc and apoc which work specially well together and that cc is necesary if u want to make good use of the passive cm. also you can get blizzard duration increase in sources.

4.5% ls is more than enough for mp10 too.

thing is there is basically one way to make the channels sustain and thats with low aps and adding ap management via apoc (then the more cc the better so slow 1h + source is better with that), ap reg via gear, runes or passives and ap reduction gear. the higher the aps the more stuff u will have to combine to get it to work. like if ur at 1 aps just getting a -5 ap redcution would probably be enough but if u want to increase aps a little bit you will probably have to add in some apoc or ap regeneration.

I for example run with 1.3 aps (want that extra ms :D) so i opted for high cc and 10 apoc via offhand and 4 ap regeneration/sec via tals set and astral pressence. I rarely run out of ap with that as aslong as im hitting 2 or more targets i get enough a apoc together with the regen to sustain. Also using the apoc offhand allows me to use a better ehp helm than sc.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 5/4/2013 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thanks for the positive feed back brothers
Reply Quote
can you check my build and suggest improvements to gear for disintergrate build?

please ignore the skills, im was trying things out last night and am at work now.

(my cc is about 48% in game buffed)
Edited by Alaric#1981 on 5/15/2013 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]