Diablo® III

Will PC players be able to get the Infernal Helm?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9601894/diablo%C2%AE-iii-for-the-ps3%E2%84%A2-preorder-bonus-revealed-4-29-2013

Looks nice. Console only?
Reply Quote
Wearable at level 1, the Infernal Helm confers a +EXP bonus to help you whip your new PlayStation® characters into tip-top shape. Plus, it looks sweet as hell (pun intended) on all five mortal heroes of Sanctuary—Witch Doctor, Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Wizard, and Monk. Keep in mind that the redeemable key for the Infernal Helm, which you will find in your preordered copy of Diablo III on launch day, will apply to all of your PS3™ characters, but will not transfer to any PC characters.

The link you supplied answered your question before you even asked it.
Reply Quote
Wearable at level 1, the Infernal Helm confers a +EXP bonus to help you whip your new PlayStation® characters into tip-top shape. Plus, it looks sweet as hell (pun intended) on all five mortal heroes of Sanctuary—Witch Doctor, Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Wizard, and Monk. Keep in mind that the redeemable key for the Infernal Helm, which you will find in your preordered copy of Diablo III on launch day, will apply to all of your PS3™ characters, but will not transfer to any PC characters.

The link you supplied answered your question before you even asked it.

You trying to be smart? Not transferable just like your characters yes I know. Doesn't mean Blizzard won't release an Infernal Helm patch for the PC. Maybe. Just maybe...
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 4/29/2013 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Exclusive crap is why I stopped playing consoles in the first place, I didn't like having to buy the same game for three or four platforms just to have each of the special characters, levels, or whatever the special addition was.

That kind of crap is as bad as DRM and needs to be stricken from the industry, not pervade it even further.
Reply Quote
I am really hoping that any items like that, given the separate nature of the releases, will be made Legendary drops for PC as well. I don't think holding out on the players with any content like that will be sending a good message. We're definitely in need of more, and everything helps to that aim. =)
Reply Quote
Exclusive crap is why I stopped playing consoles in the first place, I didn't like having to buy the same game for three or four platforms just to have each of the special characters, levels, or whatever the special addition was.

That kind of crap is as bad as DRM and needs to be stricken from the industry, not pervade it even further.

This. Also the helm gives XP advantage and breaks the game fairness.
Reply Quote
Its very likely that the helm will be a level 1 item with crap stats with the only redeeming feature being the exp boost...

/sigh
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
It's a lvl1 helm with +exp that's it! Once you get a normal helm with a gem that will be better, just new hero's don't normally get a helm drop for awhile.

People are making this into a bigger deal then it is, it would be crap on the PC version because everyone has better or can spend 30 seconds on the AH to get better.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9601894/diablo%C2%AE-iii-for-the-ps3%E2%84%A2-preorder-bonus-revealed-4-29-2013

Looks nice. Console only?
Offering pre-order bonuses is a pretty standard practice for console games, and we're happy to be able to offer a cool bonus for PS3 players who pre-order Diablo III. At this time, however, it's not a bonus that we plan to offer for the PC version of the game.
Edited by Vaeflare on 5/1/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Its very likely that the helm will be a level 1 item with crap stats with the only redeeming feature being the exp boost...

/sigh

Not sure, but in all likelihood, you will be better off putting on your hellfire ring and throwing a ruby into a socketed helm on the PC version and be waaaay better off in EXP bonus. The big draw is just the eye candy. Since the PC has limited options and the same look we are all bored with, this new eye candy helm is pretty desirable. Here's hoping that the changes to vanity customization they promised for the PC is on the very near horizon.
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 12:09 PMPosted by DevArmaya
And once again.... PC users get shafted, good to see that Blizzard has no problem showing their true colors. Money hungry bastages.

"Mommy! Mommy! Blizzard is shafting me because people who pre-order the port of a 1 year old game on the PS3 get a level 1 helm! Do something!"
Reply Quote
And once again.... PC users get shafted, good to see that Blizzard has no problem showing their true colors. Money hungry bastages.

They get some random helm and you call this getting shafted? Hahaha come on man. People will complain about anything.
Reply Quote
It's a lvl1 helm with +exp that's it! Once you get a normal helm with a gem that will be better, just new hero's don't normally get a helm drop for awhile.

People are making this into a bigger deal then it is, it would be crap on the PC version because everyone has better or can spend 30 seconds on the AH to get better.

I love your assumption here. No one knows if it will be a static # or %. No one knows if it will have a socket or actual stats on the item. I thought you were supposed to be an MVP? Maybe you should wait to make an assumption before all facts are known.
Reply Quote

Seriously....

I complain about probably more than my fair share of things considering how much I've played this game.

But seriously? It's a level 1 helm. It's a pre order bonus. It's going to give what like 25% bonus exp, maybe, to console players just starting out. You can get a socketed helm at level 15 on pc anyway, put a ruby in it. Stop whining

Also personally, I think the helm looks awful, and I think I could have made it look like it fit better on that monk with 15 minutes in MS Paint

Again, stop whining.
Reply Quote

Aww, poor you! Not everything Blizzard makes is for you - that's such an insult to the fans! I mean you PAID to get this helm, and now they're not going to give it to you? Outrageous! Oh wait, this helm didn't even exist when you bought the game, nor was there any assurance that you'd get every item ever developed. If you want it, buy the game for the PS3. Then you can get mad if it's not given to you (via preorder).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]